Page 7 of 173 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

UK

8/10. Not as good as the first one, but better than the second one.
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Undisclosed
    Though often very funny and always watchable I never really held the NOES series in as high regard as many other genre fans. There's something so goofy about the dream sequences that I always felt like I was watching some Tex Avery cartoon instead of, being scared or feeling suspense. Freddy is a character you cheer on, not fear ...

The third one, in all its cheesy dream warriors vibe, is my favourite among all the sequels

UK
    They do get a bit silly the more they go on but i enjoy them. Although i refuse to watch the remake as Robert Englund is Freddy & i dont see how anyone else could do better.

- - - Updated - - -

7/10

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Though often very funny and always watchable I never really held the NOES series in as high regard as many other genre fans. There's something so goofy about the dream sequences that I always felt like I was watching some Tex Avery cartoon instead of, being scared or feeling suspense. Freddy is a character you cheer on, not fear ...

The third one, in all its cheesy dream warriors vibe, is my favourite among all the sequels
    Just to quantify that statement a bit, let's separate the original from the sequels rather than lump them together under the series banner, as I would contend none of the above applies to it.

The dream sequences in it are spot on in their nightmare imagery, & Krueger is a monster in it, not the near anti-hero/stand-up comedian he would morph into. No larfs in the original. It's played damn straight, deadly serious, & is a fairly grim flick.

You may feel differently, but that's how I see it anyway. As a series overall I'll generally grant all of the above, but don't throw out the original movie baby with the sequel bathwater.

UK

7/10

Super Moderator

UK
    Coffee Town - 6/10.

Kind of like Clerks in a coffee shop, from College Humour. I quite enjoyed it and got a few laughs out of it. Decent, not great, but certainly not terrible by any means. Fun while it lasted.

On ANOES - agreed on the first film, it's iconic and it gets the tone just right. The sequels get increasingly goofy - although Dream Warriors is awesome. Yes, it's goofier than the first, but it's easily the best of the sequels - it's the second best ANOES movie out there (the worst being the remake ... good lord, what a load of shit that was!). I think the problems really arose in 4 through 6 (especially part 6) where, as has been said, it just descended into jokes and parody and nothing at all scary. Inventive, but not scary - at all - like the Nintendo Power Glove dream, or the comic book dream ... yeesh.

Part 7 brought the tone back on track again, and the sight of Freddy in that trench coat and boots and tattered old hat made him creepy again, but the movie still felt a bit too slow. Looking back on it, in some ways its more of a pre-cursor to Scream than it is a Nightmare movie, but arguably it's the third best ANOES flick.

Super Moderator

United States
    X-men: DoFP...7/10. I don't like the changes to the story, per se, and they could have spent some more time on a certain aspect of the film, but pretty good and the best, or certainly one of the best, X-men films to date (though that's not much to brag about).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post

7/10
    Hey, Dellamorte Dellamore deserves better than a 7! Love that film. One of the last great Ittalian horror films. Way better than those Nightmares on Elm Street (sequels) IMO.

@ Moon: it's been ages since I saw the original Nightmare. Time to revisit it ...
    Last edited by krisvds; 29-May-2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Hey, Dellamorte Dellamore deserves better than a 7! Love that film. One of the last great Ittalian horror films. Way better than those Nightmares on Elm Street (sequels) IMO.

@ Moon: it's been ages since I saw the original Nightmare. Time to revisit it ...
    I thought the same thing about Dellamorte, but decided not to comment, as I can see it not being a film for everyone. I love it though. Easily a 9 or 10 for me personally.

Re: ANOES. Look forward to your thoughts on it. I think you'll find it quite different in tone than the sequels. BTW MZ's thoughts mirror my own in terms of the sequels.

UK
    Dont get me wrong , i thought Dellamorte Dellamore was a good film and i appreciated it but it was the 2nd time i watched it and i went into it with higher expectations 2nd time round after reading comments on Imdb etc, but i enoyed it 2nd time round as much as 1st time round 7/10. I think i just prefer serious zombie films with slow moving zombies that like to eat human flesh

- - - Updated - - -

Drugs & Zombies , cant go wrong!! 8/10

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The Lego Movie: rated A for AWESOME.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    The Lego Movie: rated A for AWESOME.

Super Moderator

UK
    "In A World" - 7/10.

Rather enjoyed it - written & directed by Lake Bell, about a woman voice over coach/artist who tries to become the new 'voice of the movie trailers'. It's a pretty cool flick.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    "In A World" - 7/10.

Rather enjoyed it - written & directed by Lake Bell, about a woman voice over coach/artist who tries to become the new 'voice of the movie trailers'. It's a pretty cool flick.
    I saw her out doing promotion for it when it was in theaters. It looked cute, & she was quite lively, charming, & entertaining in a sophisticated sort of way.

And just to keep the class level from rising too high 'round here: I'd bang her.

UK

9/10 , my favourite out of the series, love the zombies & the effects.