Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reacher (Amazon series)

Administrator

England

Reacher (Amazon series)

At least he looks like a Reacher should

Hopefully this will work well as a series...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDMAznvHPxQ
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Looks good. I liked what they did with Jack Ryan, so I've got hopes for this one.

I've not read the source material for either character, although I did know that Reacher is supposed to be a pretty tall and built kinda guy. I did enjoy the Tom Cruise movies (the first one more than the second), but physically he's not a match.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Looks good. I liked what they did with Jack Ryan, so I've got hopes for this one.

I've not read the source material for either character, although I did know that Reacher is supposed to be a pretty tall and built kinda guy. I did enjoy the Tom Cruise movies (the first one more than the second), but physically he's not a match.
    Reacher is almost meant to be a bit of a freak of nature size/strength wise, and smart as well.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Phew!!! Episode 1 was pretty good!

EDIT: ...at episode 4 and still enjoying it...
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Phew!!! Episode 1 was pretty good!

EDIT: ...at episode 4 and still enjoying it...
    I'm two episodes in and it's really good so far, hopefully with it being on Amazon it might last more than one series looking at you Netflix.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    I'm two episodes in and it's really good so far, hopefully with it being on Amazon it might last more than one series looking at you Netflix.
    Well, there's plenty of material if it proves popoular!

EDIT: And season 1 done... I thought that was a fairly good effort. Bring on season 2.
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Just finished season one and wow that was really good, good enough for me want to read the books this series is based on, nice to the right sized human playing Reacher, made the fights a little bit more realistic than the Tom Cruise movies.

For me I think the last episode was the weakest of the bunch, but don't get me wrong it was still really good.

Here's hoping for season 2

8/10

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Just finished season one and wow that was really good, good enough for me want to read the books this series is based on, nice to the right sized human playing Reacher, made the fights a little bit more realistic than the Tom Cruise movies.

For me I think the last episode was the weakest of the bunch, but don't get me wrong it was still really good.

Here's hoping for season 2

8/10
    Yeh... Agree. Generally a good first series. If they can now build on it with another book adaptation, fab!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Finished the season earlier today. Enjoyed it. I thought the middle portion was a smidge on the slow side (but then again I was watching it in fits and starts my with Dad), but overall I dug it and like the guy in the main role.

Loved it when he got fully kitted out and waited for the baddies at the mansion.

Administrator

England
    Going through it again at the moment. Tis very good!
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Dec 15th

I recon Reacher might hit someone in this series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC-rRhQcnlI
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I recon Reacher might hit someone in this series?

Bring it on!!!

Administrator

England
    Season 3 already given the go ahead.
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Season 3 already given the go ahead.
    Season 2 must be good, then, and they're quite confident in it and/or this is just the announcement of a decision taken a while back that'll be more financially efficient (similarly so for the production) - kinda like how seasons 3 and 4 of Jack Ryan were done back-to-back and only had about six months between their airings.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 08-Dec-2023 at 11:51 AM.

Administrator

England
    Yey! :-
    • Episode 1-3: December 14

Boo! :-
    • Episode 4: December 22
    • Episode 5: December 29
    • Episode 6: January 5
    • Episode 7: January 12
    • Episode 8: January 19

I won't start watching until mid Jan
    -Carl Sagan