Page 24 of 173 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

UK

6/10
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

United States

"The Dead 2" 7/10 - The Ford's haven't lost their abilities as filmmakers. Beautiful scenery & well shot, giving you a feel for the area in which the action takes place. Plagued by a few of the same logical inconsistencies as the first, but not a deal breaker. Gives a good view of how the plague arrives in India & how quickly it spreads.

While the basic premise is the same, (road trip in the zombpocalypse, in an unfamiliar, foreign country, with limited supplies & unreliable resources & means of travel), the characters, their motivations, & the emotional journey they all travel is much different. That & some very solid & different "set pieces" make this one different enough to warrant watching.

This one may not bring anything new or different to the genre, or even very little to what the first one brought, but it is a solid flick. If the first one had never been made & THIS was the first one, we would have probably been raving about it. It's only in comparison to its predecessor that it suffers any. But the first one blazed such new ground & made such a splash that it would be a hard act to follow, & maybe impossible to try & top. So we end up with a solid flick that sits fairly comfortably alongside the other, so I'm fine with that.

Ireland
    'Extraterrestrial'

4/10

'Leprechaun'

1/10 (I'm a feckin dope) Jesus, there's 7 of these? Fkn ell.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Gone Girl - 8.5/10
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    "The Dead 2" 7/10
    I've got The Dead on my DVR. Never seen it, so will get around to it soon as I've generally only heard good things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    'Leprechaun'

1/10 (I'm a feckin dope) Jesus, there's 7 of these? Fkn ell.

I've never watched a Leprechaun movie, and I never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Gone Girl - 8.5/10
    Yeah, I really dug that flick. Looking forward to the Blu-Ray - Fincher Blu-Rays are always worth the money.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I failed...

Still though, it had a hot, young Jennifer Aniston in it. That's why it got a 1. Swings and roundabouts.

Super Moderator

UK
    Still though, it had a hot, young Jennifer Aniston in it. That's why it got a 1. Swings and roundabouts.
    Ah yes, of course ... that'd be me one and only reason for watching it ... mmmmmmmm ... Jennifer Aniston.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 22-Oct-2014 at 05:50 PM.

United States
    I've got The Dead on my DVR. Never seen it, so will get around to it soon as I've generally only heard good things about it.
    You still haven't seen the 1st? Do yourself a favor man & check it! One of the better examples of the genre for sure.

Even as big an aficionado of the slasher genre as I am, & bad movies in general, I still don't really have an interest in revisiting this series. I know I saw the 1st over 20 years ago, but remember zip about it.

Shootem, you may need to start an "I've shamed myself" thread a la Lou.

Now, to de bidness at hand...

"The Battery" 9/10 - Fantastic. Heading over to Dead Discussion for a proper review. You need to see this.

*EDIT*

Review in this thread: http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=22485
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 22-Oct-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: review link

UK

6/10

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Do not come back here again until you do. It is one of the best horror flicks of recent times.

Now for the task at hand: Burke and Hare. Great cast. Dark sense of hunor. 8.5/10

- - - Updated - - -

Do not come back here again until you do. It is one of the best horror flicks of recent times.

Now for the task at hand: Burke and Hare. Great cast. Dark sense of hunor. 8.5/10
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England

7.5/10

Watched it with my son. He's slowly getting into horror films and I thought this was a nice stepping stone. I was worried about it being 30+ years old, but he loved it which I guess it's a testament to the film itself

It's amazing how scary a smoke machine and a torch can be
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK

7/10

Ireland
    Is it better than the last one? Cos that was nothing to write home about.

Super Moderator

UK

7.5/10

Watched it with my son. He's slowly getting into horror films and I thought this was a nice stepping stone. I was worried about it being 30+ years old, but he loved it which I guess it's a testament to the film itself

The first time I saw it as a teenager, I think I was 14 at the time, and I hated it. Left it a few years, watched it again, and absolutely loved it. Saw it again a while back and it's still great. Extremely effective and the sense of place that Carpenter builds up gradually - particularly in the early part of the film - is exceptional. That opening ghost story gives me chills whenever I see it. Great music too.

Is it better than the last one? Cos that was nothing to write home about.
    I really enjoyed VHS 2 and thought it was decidedly better (and more inventive) than the first, which I also enjoyed, but which I also felt had numerous problems (such as the totally twattish male characters in all but one vignette).

United States

7.5/10

The first time I saw it as a teenager, I think I was 14 at the time, and I hated it. Left it a few years, watched it again, and absolutely loved it. Saw it again a while back and it's still great. Extremely effective and the sense of place that Carpenter builds up gradually - particularly in the early part of the film - is exceptional. That opening ghost story gives me chills whenever I see it. Great music too.
    10/10 from me. One of my all time favorites. Carpenter at his best.