Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Theory on why people are so mad at non-GAR NOTLD sequels

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Yes....he does die. But he also says that line at the beginning of the film in the cemetary to pick on Barbara. It's not a zombie that's leaving the text message.
    he does say that at the beginning of the film yes.

but in that scene its night already and Johnny has been dead quite a while.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombievsshark
    he does say that at the beginning of the film yes.

but in that scene its night already and Johnny has been dead quite a while.
    Yes, I'm sure this film is very different from the original....so maybe Johnny makes it until after it's dark. Hell, they could have him survive the entire night if they wish. All I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to assume that a zombie is leaving a text message.

You're right....the movie MIGHT be that absurd(after seein Dawn04, anything is possible )....but I seriously doubt it.

United States
    Ok, I almost don't want to dignify this with a response... But I feel the need to do it. And I'll kick myself if I don't lllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllll l.

Quote Originally Posted by LS
    dawn o4 was pretty damn good. only thing that got to me was the running thing. ZOMBIES CAN RUN? LOL

land of the dead..myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy god was a terrible movie... this coming from some who's such a die hard zombie movie fan that i only move to places i can easily defense or escape from in case of zombie attack...i gotta tell you that movie WAS TOTAL CRAP i own every zombie movie most can think of..but i won't buy that one even if its at target for 9 bucks (and thats saying a lot!)
    Ok... You think it's the worst? Watch House of the Dead or Contagium and be unpleasantly surprised

i've debate this with so many people..but

ZOMBIES CAN THINK? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

god damn what a terrible movie...i still can't get over the end...looooooooooooooooooooooool...that's pretty much my response..because what insulted me as a lover of these movies is that romero just thought that..hey in the middle of it all i'll just give zombies a brain and some thoughts to! totally remake the whole idea of zombies..well because i can.
    Well, considering Romero INVENTED zombies as we know them, yes, I'd say he can do this. Plus he'd already introduced the idea in Day of the Dead. Bub ring a bell at all?

Dude, if you really think about it they HAVE to have brains... Did you ever sit back and ask yourself WHY shooting them in the head kills them?

There's your answer.

i was told that he remade land of the dead because someone else had started to make it or was gonna make it and good old georgey thought..it was crap and choose to do one himself.....my my my....his age sure is showing.

again.
    You do realize Land is NOT a remake and is in fact Romero's new, original work, correct? He'd had it in the works for a while, and if I recall the commercial success of movies such as 28 Days Later greenlit the making of Dawn '04 which in turn greenlit Land.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ool
    Please go suckstart a 9mm.

let me get this straight for you who don't know this or haven't read the zombie survival guide.

ZOMBIES DON'T HAVE BRAINS THEY CAN'T THINK AND THEY SURE IN THE HELL DONT KNOW WHO THEY ARE.
    Max Brooks did NOT invent the zombie genre, he simply wrote a book because he enjoys zombies. According to him people can only turn into zombies by being bitten. (And just in case it slipped your mind) George Romero INVENTED zombies, and anyone who dies becomes one.

Also refer to my above statement about Bub. Oh yes, and in case it confuses you, by Day of the Dead I mean the 1985 movie, not Contagium.

as for 28 days later.

something tells me you all have to be brits because even thou that movie was so so-it sure in the hell wasn't close to being as good as dawn 04...not eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeven close matter of factly it lacked so much -STARTING WITH REAL ZOMBIE ACTION AND REAL ACTION PERIOD. oh i loved how they managed to out smart a bunch of trained soliders by simply laying down on the dead bodies (yes thats sarcasm)...i loved when a drop of blood easily falls from a dead body into some dudes eye...lol....seriously i can't stop laughing.
    .... Wow I... I don't quite know how to react to this, that paragraph just took like a week or two off the end of my life.

hell the orignal dawn of the dead in all its cheesyness EATS UP 28 DAYS.
    Ok, the original Dawn of the Dead is also one of the greatest and most definitive zombie movies ever made

the brits always try to use logical thinking and crap like that in these kinds of movies..its almost as if they are trying to make out like some how they are more logical and will think straight in these kinds of situations.

again

looooooooooooooooooool.
    Please take a bath with a toaster

ok, wow... I can't bring myself to respond to this anymore.

I mean, seriously, who died and made you king of the zombies?

gg, kthxbai

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

that fact i got to most of you idiots speaks for itself

that's it? that's all you idiots have? is to try and insult my writing about an incredibly terrible movie? no one can help your tastes if you feel land of the dead is a fine movie.

but then again i'm sure many of you are into being goth kids and like morresy or the cure. probably in to trance as well (all i gotta say about trance is it needs to take its ass back to europe and stay there)

but i'll give it to that one guy who actually responded.

ya know i thought about bob-yes he can think to some degree but even that was far fetched-we was recently dead and so it stands to make sense that he'd have some sort of risdual memory-but i'm not buying it. i'll give you the memory part-even tho they have no brains even the mad dr shows us that-but then george must go back and rewrite a lot from the past-becaue again as i so clearly posted-I'M INSULTED THAT HE JUST REWROTE THE WHOLE IDEA OF IT-don't get mad at me because insulted the man who's nuts you cling to so dearly. but i want to go on record as saying that day of the dead is probably even worse than land of the dead-probably a tie. now that's a movie worth remaking because again-there's so much potential in that idea-what did happen to the gov? who's now running the show? mad soliders losing? good ideas on how humans will just ruin things-all that needed to be explored more.

i stand by what i said about 28 days and shaun of the dead

land of the dead....god damn..i cant get past that. i walked out of the movies..and til this day...can only shake my head and ...really can't get a comment out other than...ZOMBIES CAN THINK? THEY CAN EVOLVE? WOW ROTTING FLESH SURE EVOLVES FASTER THAN HUMANS!...still laugh at the last scene where the brotha zombie looks at the other humans and almost looks at them with respect....dude...

perhaps i love these movies to much so there fore think to much about this. BUT AT LEAST I THINK ABOUT IT UNLIKE MOST OF YOU. you ****s will just take what someone gives you and say...that's just the way it is i guess

how many of you are republicans?

as for shoting them in the head. its common sense. remove the head and rest will follow. THAT'S WHAT GAR WAS PLAYING WITH. he'll sit there and tell you other wise...but i don't believe him for one second-and no they don't have brains they have mush up there-they act upon the basic of most basic instincts-to eat.

and no dont feed me-you don't get the movie..oh i got it. AGAIN there was so much potential there-but then he had to add cgi zombies to make it cool (his first mistake in my opinion) then ...well just watch the movie. no way around it its crap.

if they make another one-i hope they get away from the crap about zombies "just trying to live their lives" or how they are the true opressed ones, and back to the "what can we expect in world which seems to have no hope". okay so you say-well if they did that then it means no more zombie movies or that they'll just become redundant. NO **** REALLY? YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THEY AREN'T REDUNDANT NOW? WHAT DO YOU WANT AWARD WINNING MOVIES? WITH A ZOMBIE PRESIDENT AND ZOMBIES GIVING SPEECHS ON PHYSICS? these movies in all reality are a limited idea-so stop making them and leave the classics like dawn of the dead 78 (a great great great great great movie) to be the only memory we have.

NO MORE SHAUN OF THE DEADS,28 DAYS OR LAND OF THE DEADS.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LS
    perhaps i love these movies to much so there fore think to much about this. BUT AT LEAST I THINK ABOUT IT UNLIKE MOST OF YOU. you ****s will just take what someone gives you and say...that's just the way it is i guess
    It's not what you are saying, it's the obnoxious style.
    If someone Screamed the theory of relativity in my ear, I wouldn't say
    "My, what a revelation!"
    I would probably say;
    "Don't be a weenie, bro. I can't even listen to this"

If you peruse the threads and posts, you would see many of us do WAAAY too much picking over the minutia.
    I'm sure you could be welcomed with interesting responses if you chose to speak in a reasonable manner.

Goth kids?
    Sheesh
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Things just seem more magical when you're a kid. It's like christmas was this special time and now it's just another day. It's nothing like it was when i was a boy.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    talk about old thread batman

I wish this guy would post more....

I was laughing so hard at this....
    oh yea just to fit in...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOFMG DAT MOVEE WAS SO ****E THATE I ALMSOT SWEER IO HAD TOOO CUT OFF MY EERS AFFER I WATCH IT LOOL OMGFG ROFL!!!!11

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just think of it as rediscovering the classics.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"