View Poll Results: What is your fav season of TWD to date?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Season 1

6 27.27%
  • Season 2

1 4.55%
  • Season 3

0 0%
  • Season 4

14 63.64%
  • Oh, I can't decide...I LOVE them all soooo much! (<---This poll option for you, MZ)

1 4.55%
  • Can't choose a favorite (explain in thread)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 2014 TWD season popularity poll

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Bass, I've said this so many times when people have been nit picking about this show...we actually have a genuine zombie apocalypse TV series at long last...a series with everything we always wanted...the PA landscape, shamblers, desperate groups, little snippets of how the world fell, brilliant zombie effects, travel around this PA landscape etc, etc etc.

I will forgive every little flaw in this series so long as it continues to entertain me and continues to be excellent viewing.
    Yup.

Administrator

England
    For my favourite season, its tied between 2 and 4.

For my least favourite its 3. Season 3 was awful, too focused on andrea and the whole season felt like it was building to a climax that never came.

Scotland
    I'd say season 4 has been the strongest, and 3 the weakest.

The former had everything I hope to see in a ZA drama, and in the right measure. Not only from the undead threat, but also from within your own ranks and from without, as survivors fail or succeed in dealing effectively with the apocalypse. IMO it's resulted in the most balanced and consistent season of TWD yet. Season 4 also had some great memorable set pieces, such as the supermarket run, Hershel's execution, bus of walkers etc, plus they finally left the prison (hurray!!).

I agree with Andy, I think season 3 suffered from tunnel vision. As far as I recall the arcs of many characters were essentially driven by The Governor. For me, the season isn't loathsome, but it's definitely the won I've watched least.

Seasons one and two I like equally as I seem to return to them both with similar frequency. Although season 2 does benefit from viewing the episodes back to back.
    It also has "Nebraska", definitely one of my favourite episodes.

Though as Legion said, I'm also just enjoying the fact that there's a well above average TV SHOW depicting the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, which "delivers the goods" more often than not! Perfection's a myth. Season 5....YES!!!
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 03-Apr-2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: edit
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

UK
    I'm just happy to have a zombie series on tv, i have to say i cant choose a favourite
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Administrator

England
    I really enjoyed season 2, the whole search for sophia did start getting a little tedious but it really paid off in the mid season finale, same with the shane-lori-rick love triangle, i thought it was a great storyline that paid off really well and fleshed out something that is only really touched on in the comics.

Season 3, as Morto Vivente said, is too drive by the governor and andrea and feels like its building to a payoff that never comes.

Season 1 was good overall but it was still finding its feet, it was too short and a couple of the episodes seriously miss the mark for me.

Season 4 i honestly cant fault, ive really enjoyed every single episode.

Dying

United States
    I just finished a chunk of Season 4, the episode with Hershel hobbling around the quarantine cell block, while Rick and Carl gun down dozens of zombies breaking through the fence. One of the best episodes in the series, such a good watch. I'm already quite confident Season 4 is going to be my favorite overall.

And as far as Season 3 being too much Governor, while I do agree that there was a little too much Woodbury, it wasn't nearly as much as I remembered after just re-watching the entire thing in a two day period. Andrea bogged things down more than the Governor, if they cut her screen time in half it would have been a huge improvement. ((I really enjoyed the 'slasher' style episode, with the Governor tracking Andrea down, that episode is intense and a great blend of two horror genres.)) And I get that they were trying to contrast between the harsh realities of the honest protagonists in the prison vs. the cushy faux-paradise of the sociopath-driven antagonists of Woodbury, and to an extent it worked.

Something I noticed, and it is rather ironic; Season 3's finale has Glenn and Maggie intentionally missing shots to scare away the Woodbury intruders, whereas the Season 4 finale has the hipster cannibals of Terminus corralling Rick and company using the same method, with opposite intentions in mind.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 05-Apr-2014 at 12:11 PM. Reason: sdafghjkl

United States
    Though I don't prefer season 4 over 1 the fact that the majority of minds on here does is a great sign for the future. I need to give season 3 a rewatch as a marathon. I think I would appreciate it more. Always loved the fight between Michonne and the Gov. Certified her as a badass and at the end of the day she found a way to win unlike Rick.

It doesn't fit here but there were many discussions about Rick's failure to deliver a fatal shot to the Gov, after he katana'd ole Hershel. I didn't realize until now that Rick fired that shot with his left hand. So that explains the poor shot placement.
    Last edited by facestabber; 06-Apr-2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I really enjoyed season 2, the whole search for sophia did start getting a little tedious but it really paid off in the mid season finale, same with the shane-lori-rick love triangle, i thought it was a great storyline that paid off really well and fleshed out something that is only really touched on in the comics.
    agreed 100%. season 2 gets a lot of crap, and while i can see some of the criticism, it really did deliver in the end with the boiled-over tension between rick and shane, as well as the fall of the farm. aside from the silly bit about the same horde from atlanta somehow stumbling onto hershell's land and the inifinite ammo shotgun, the season 2 finale was amazing.

season 3 started off so strong for me, but ended up being a train-wreck by the time it wrapped up.....so it's my least favorite, easily.

England
    I've enjoyed the whole ride, I felt season 2 could have condensed the whole searching for Sophia thing down a bit, but it was still enjoyable and whatever minor faults the show has had along the way such as A-Team style shootouts on occasion and a few "red shirts" among the survivors, it remains solid, very well written and has an ability to tug on the old heart strings and is the best thing that has ever happened to the living dead genre in my opinion.
    And those burnt zombies really creeped me out on the recent episode "the grove"!!

Undisclosed
    Four. Close call though: the opening episodes were brilliant but overall season one was a few episodes too short and that Vatos thing and the CDC were a bit silly.
    Last edited by krisvds; 08-Apr-2014 at 05:28 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Season Four and Season One by far. The Pilot is still the greatest episode this show ever made. And Season Four significantly improved the show churning out some of the best episodes since the first season.

Seasons Two and Three were filled with the melodrama and filler that still plague this show even now.

England
    "we're gonna need a bigger poll"
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Bass, I've said this so many times when people have been nit picking about this show...we actually have a genuine zombie apocalypse TV series at long last...a series with everything we always wanted...the PA landscape, shamblers, desperate groups, little snippets of how the world fell, brilliant zombie effects, travel around this PA landscape etc, etc etc.

I will forgive every little flaw in this series so long as it continues to entertain me and continues to be excellent viewing.
    Couldn't agree more. Sure not every episode is a 10 out of 10, but for an ongoing zombie series it has more than met my expectations. With season 4 you could really sense that everybody involved, especially the writers, were in their groove. And with season 5 I love how they have managed to keep everybody in motion and not allowed any plot elements to slow them down. I can't wait to see where the second half of 5 goes and I'm looking forward to 6 and beyond.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Sure not every episode is a 10 out of 10, but for an ongoing zombie series it has more than met my expectations. With season 4 you could really sense that everybody involved, especially the writers, were in their groove. And with season 5 I love how they have managed to keep everybody in motion and not allowed any plot elements to slow them down. I can't wait to see where the second half of 5 goes and I'm looking forward to 6 and beyond.
    Here here.