Thread: The Last Of Us remastered (PS4)

Administrator

England

The Last Of Us remastered (PS4)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Even more to the point, will this ever see the light of day on the PC??

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Even more to the point, will this ever see the light of day on the PC??
    Just don't think Sony would agree to it
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I still haven't played it so...yeah...I'll catch it on the PS4.

I got caught up in the whole clan war thing on Call of Duty Ghosts...Helped build a pretty decent clan. The dude who made it ended up leaving to go play WOW again but his Wife took over and I kinda became co-owner by default due to how much time I had dumped into the operation. I made several new friends which was a plus however I eventually bailed because the dude's wife started using it as a dating service sorta. Ran off 2 of our guys. Both of which were married...both almost threw away their marriages over a gamergirl ....too much drama for me. So I left.

So now I'm trying to catch up on all the great games 2013 had to offer...Currently working on Arkham Origins.

United States
    Well, I finally bought the Last of Us Remastered on PS4. I kept waiting for the price to come down but ended up having to buy a download code off Amazon for $15. Retail Price for a physical copy is still around $40. Anyways, great game in my opinion. Well balanced gameplay as far as Joel vs Bandits and Joel vs Infected in my opinion. Anyways, I guess there was some controversy over the ending.

Personally, I thought the ending was great. I read a Forbes article trying to say that Joel was a possible bad guy but I don't think that was the case. When society decays to the extent that it does in apocalyptic themes, ethical guidelines go through some changes. I can't see Joel being a bad guy comparing him to the "poor poor cannibals". Some people seem to be upset that Joel didn't let Ellie be operated on (which would have killed her) along with everything else that happened in the process of saving her. Furthermore, some where pissed that he lied to her at the end about it all.

First, there was no promise that doctors could have even created a cure using Ellie's brain. Second, Ellie's feelings towards her situation were created through indoctrination. So, I don't really think her opinion to willingly allow doctors to take her life for the sake of humanity carries much weight (She's a kid too). From the beginning of the game, she is constantly reminded of what she must do and why. In a world so cold, it would be hard to find reasons to want to continue to live with so many struggles, the game makes a point of this many times. Joel managed to get past losing his daughter and found a new daughter in Ellie's company. In time, Ellie would also find new reasons to struggle for survival.

I can't wait for a sequel. An adult Ellie combined with the continuous deterioration of civilization makes for an exciting thought.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 29-Jul-2015 at 12:26 AM. Reason: ...

Administrator

England
    I wish this would come to the PC
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I bought a PS4 a few months ago with this and GTA5, it's a cracking experience and the post apocalyptic environment is both beautiful and heart breaking at the same time. My PC is not performing well with newer games and the PS4 is a stop gap till I can be bothered to go through the whole PC shopping experience again.

United States
    kinda late to the party, but i've had this game since i bought my ps4 and just haven't got around to starting it till this winter when work was slow. but holy cow, this game is awesome. as far as gameplay, it's not anything revolutionary or groundbreaking, but this has got to be one of the best stories i've played in a game.

the characters and dialogue all feel so natural and realistic, and the setting, scenery, and tone of this world really capture the post-apocalyptic vibe better than almost any other game out there. just made it out of pittsburgh and working my way through the sewers near the river now, and the diary entries i came across, along with the level of detail this particular hideout has in it, really paints a vivid picture in the player's head about how this group of survivors' day-to-day lives might have been before they succumbed to the plague. great stuff.

i would imagine that most everyone who has had any interest in this game has played it by now, but if not, do yourself a favor and check it out, highly recommended. i can see why it won so many awards and accolades over the last couple of years.

Administrator

England
    ...just need it on the PC
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I wish this would come to the PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ...just need it on the PC
    Something tells me you don't have a PS4.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Something tells me you don't have a PS4.
    No, but I do have a PC!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    finished the main story last night, talk about an emotional ordeal. a great game, will definitely be replaying on "new game plus" mode to experience it all again one of these days.

as for now, however, i am about to begin the dlc chapter "left behind", which got some pretty good reviews if i remember correctly. ready to dive back into this immersive world and get a little more story out of the game.

and i am in the camp that this game does not need a sequel...but i do think it would make a terrific film if they could do the source material justice.