Thread: We will find out what happened to Beth

Administrator

England

We will find out what happened to Beth

** SPOILER IN LINKED ARTICLE - It is warned though! **

http://screencrush.com/the-walking-d...s-morgan-beth/

Speaking with Larry King, Gimple remained hesitant with answering direct questions about the fifth season of ‘The Walking Dead,’ though he was at least willing to confirm we’d learn Beth’s fate after her “Alone” disappearance.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Added spoilers note on thread, just in case someone blundered into this thread.

Interesting that Gimple conjectures on the possible length of the series.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No surprise there. Much like Merle or Dr Jenner's whisper, it's not exactly something they can just ignore and not give any sort of resolution.

As for 'realistically' having ten seasons....my bet is that it will have much more than that. We're already halfway to that, so if the ratings continue AMC will be sure to keep the show going for the foreseeable future. Regardless of quality, unfortunately...

UK
    I don't mind as long as i get to keep seeing rotting corpses eating people haha!!
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post
    I don't mind as long as i get to keep seeing rotting corpses eating people haha!!
    Yeah, eating, grabbing, swarming and getting shot/taken out.

Never gets old!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Yeah, I gotta be honest. I've rewatched most of the series recently, and the first two seasons are kind of hokily horrendous as far as story and most of the dialogue.
    I will say it got better, but it can still get silly, kind of like the time Daryl was showing us his Mr. Badass side when he was all up in that one guy's grill.
    I'll definitely say/admit that the gore FX are pretty much what glosses over the occasional goofiness. I will also say I didn't read what actually happens to Beth in the link. Where was the spoiler, in the Gimple video? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet...
    I personally think she's vittles. She probably tried to sing for them, and that doomed her to the grill.
    Past ten seasons, though? Although it'd be nice, I'd kill it before the fall it'll eventually have in the ratings. I'm slowly coming to that realization thanks to South Park.
    That's why I've always thought they should throw in a movie here and there, prepare us for the big screen, build us up to the awesomeness with the show.
    End up every few years giving us updates, kind of like the original Star Trek, so we can watch these guys live, or die...
    Get some better writing, though. Way too much cheese going on, and I don't mean intentionally.
    End of ramble.