Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Season 5 - Official Preview Pics & Vids

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I like Reedus and I like Dixon, I just dislike how he's taken the focus of the show from Rick and Carl. A lot of fans focus on Dixon more, anyway. It's almost sad when you go into stores and see tons of Dixon merchandise and maybe one Grimes T-shirt...

Super Moderator

UK
    I think the focus on Dixon is much more due to fans than anything else. I feel the show balances it out quite nicely. He's had more airtime on the show, but I think everyone has in this last season - everybody has had their moment, or episode in fact, to really shine. TWD in general - comics or show - is, fundamentally, at it's core, all about Rick and Carl.

It's just that the uber Daryl fans shout the loudest of them all, probably. Beyond that I think the balance on the show is good, Reedus is a good actor (and seems like a really nice bloke - and a fine champion of the show loyally pumping it up from the TWD corner), and I like the character. I really dug the moment in the season four finale when Rick referred to Daryl as his own brother (take that Shane! ).

United States
    I just wish they'd stop trying to make Daryl look like Leon S. Kennedy with that hair...
    Other than that, I can live with him, as Reedus definitely does alot of sweeet picture posting.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I think the focus on Dixon is much more due to fans than anything else. I feel the show balances it out quite nicely. He's had more airtime on the show, but I think everyone has in this last season - everybody has had their moment, or episode in fact, to really shine. TWD in general - comics or show - is, fundamentally, at it's core, all about Rick and Carl.

It's just that the uber Daryl fans shout the loudest of them all, probably. Beyond that I think the balance on the show is good, Reedus is a good actor (and seems like a really nice bloke - and a fine champion of the show loyally pumping it up from the TWD corner), and I like the character. I really dug the moment in the season four finale when Rick referred to Daryl as his own brother (take that Shane! ).
    Rick's "Youre my brother" comment to Daryl was a great piece. IMO, to Daryl, that statement carried alot of weight with him and I have no doubt he would die for Rick. In the midst of the apocalypse, Daryl has found a family and people that love him. To me it is clear that Daryl now survives to protect his family and friends rather than before, when he just survived to survive. I love the range and growth of his character and its gonna suck if/when he goes down.

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I like daryl. I like him more than carl and rick. There, I said it.

To use an analogy to another comic series, I see carl and rick in the comics and the series as being like jean grey and cyclops, they're supposed to be the protagonists of basically the entire marvel mutant universe storyline, everything somehow comes back to them. But who does everyone like? Wolverine. or Gambit or Deadpool or Magneto etc.

I find that often writers make the character(s) who is the protagonist less interesting to the readers/viewers than other characters. look at George rr Martin, he regularly kills off his interesting relateable characters and leaves you with a show full of repellant, meh characters leaving you waiting for him to introduce more interesting cannon fodder.

Super Moderator

UK
    Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but, I like all the characters in the main group for different reasons. I do have a couple that stand out above the rest, but then quite quickly an episode will come along and I'll be blown away by another character, and then they'll in turn be blown away by another character ... so my favourite is always shifting, although Rick is always like the centre of gravity for the whole affair and ultimately where my allegience lies.

Great Britain
    Comic Con Poster

EEK Maybe a bit big
    Last edited by paranoid101; 21-Jul-2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: post

Super Moderator

UK
    Pretty cool ... although it's a shame that not everyone from train car "A" is in there, as well as Carol/Tyreese/Judith.

Always nice to see TV Rick in his comic book jacket.

United States
    That picture almost looks like Michonne is guarding Carl's boodyhole.
    Just in case. Just... in... case.

United States
    Trailer tomorrow.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Trailer tomorrow.
    Indeed.
    I know NOTHING about the upcoming season so really looking forward to it
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Considering the Comic Con trailers are always made up of footage from the first three episodes of the season, especially the first, it'll be interesting to see how they get around showing how the group escapes train car A and Terminus...

Great Britain
    Trailers out can't watch as im in the uk sadly

Edit found a link that works in uk http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22...ead_shortfilms

Looks fantastic that is all lol
    Last edited by paranoid101; 25-Jul-2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: edit

United States
    Wow the trailer reveals a lot. I will refrain from speaking any further but damn I can't wait

England
    Just a small thing, but that explosion �� with all the zombies flying backwards gave me a woody.
    That is all.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA