Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 5 - Official Preview Pics & Vids

Super Moderator

UK

Season 5 - Official Preview Pics & Vids

The first teaser image for season 5 has been released:

We'll use this thread to post official previews of season 5 (i.e. stuff from AMC, news, and official trailers).

Please remember to keep theories regarding upcoming plotlines (especially if based on the comic book series) within "SPOILER TAGS" - if you don't know how to use Spoiler Tags, visit the FAQ for more information (link at the top of the forum).

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sheesh. Rick's face for a first photo? It's like they're not even trying anymore....

Remember how much excitement the first photo of Season One created? Rick walking up the street with his hat and gas can in hand? It looked like it jumped straight out of the comic and had everyone buzzing. Flash forward to season five and we have.....Rick mugging. How exciting.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Sheesh. Rick's face for a first photo? It's like they're not even trying anymore....

Remember how much excitement the first photo of Season One created? Rick walking up the street with his hat and gas can in hand? It looked like it jumped straight out of the comic and had everyone buzzing. Flash forward to season five and we have.....Rick mugging. How exciting.
    Oh... I thought it was quite an nice effective photo...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    I think the best teaser photo for the next season they could possibly do would be a nicely stylized image of...

some of the Terminus crew sitting down to a nice barbecue. Nothing too overt mind you.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, it's a bit of an underwhelming image as the first for season five. Something more ... evocative ... would have been nicer. Something you could read into a bit more ... this, not so much. I suppose we're essentially being told that season 5 picks up right where season 4 left off, so that's a change after two seasons of time jumps (which helped with the story they wanted to tell as well as Riggs' growth spurt), whereas where we are now you can't really have a time jump.

Hmmm ... I wonder if we'll get to see a winter scenario, at least for an episode ... and then have a time jump an episode or few into proceedings.

As a teaser image it's not really teasing me. I'd really like something to salivate over ... something that suggests a new element ... or hints at a revelation or coming danger or whatever. I already know Rick's in the show and still in train car "A".

Nice to have anyway, though.

United States
    I don't care what the photo is, as long as I know season 5 is officially in production I'm excited.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Season 5: Things and Stuff, return of the eyef*ck.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    return of the eyef*ck.
    I didn't wanna be the one to say it, but yeah.
    Eye f*cking his way outta that trailer, and into your pants...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    Season 5: Things and Stuff, return of the eyef*ck.
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Eye f*cking his way outta that trailer, and into your pants...

Super Moderator

UK
    Q&A with EP Gale Anne Hurd - http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...er_sweepstakes

Presumably the premiere will still be the usual running time, but it sounds like it's going to have some impressive scale to it (seems like they've got some extra production time locked in for the first episode) ... so perhaps it'll be like 4x01 in terms of increased scale ... we shall see.

United States
    The 1 hour run time for season premier bothers me. What is so difficult about a 1.5 hour season opener?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    The 1 hour run time for season premier bothers me. What is so difficult about a 1.5 hour season opener?
    Darabont's pilot was the only episode ever intended to be longer than the usual 42-46 minute run time. Season Two's premiere was only longer due to issues behind the scenes and was two episodes edited together. So because of those examples most people seem to expect longer premieres and assume there are quality issues if the premiere is a normal length, but they've never been planned to be any longer.

Super Moderator

UK
    True, true.

Although it would be nice if they could do an extended premiere episode for the beginning of new seasons, something to make a bigger deal out of it. "24" often do double episode premieres so it's more of an event - however - considering AMC have their schedule tightly packed and very solid with TWD, then Talking Dead, then TWD again, then Comic Book Men, there would be no place to fit in an episode that's any longer than that. Those re-run showings help boost the numbers for the night and grab headlines, so it's understandable why they're sticking with what's worked well for them.

So I suppose what we can have instead is a more epic feel to those standard 43 minutes of show - e.g. 4x01's "Big Spot!" scene, which was quite something. With a couple of extra days on their production schedule for 5x01, it sounds like, perhaps, we'll be getting something bigger than usual in the opening episode of the season (i.e. something that requires additional days of shooting to pull off due to its complexity).

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Darabont's pilot was the only episode ever intended to be longer than the usual 42-46 minute run time. Season Two's premiere was only longer due to issues behind the scenes and was two episodes edited together. So because of those examples most people seem to expect longer premieres and assume there are quality issues if the premiere is a normal length, but they've never been planned to be any longer.
    I actually don't expect it for those reasons, I expect it due to how well the show has been received and how nice it would be to pack some detail into an otherwise short season and format (1 hour doesn't mean much with all those commercials).

Though, to be frank, I'd prefer longer season finales, if I had to choose.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    True, true.

Although it would be nice if they could do an extended premiere episode for the beginning of new seasons, something to make a bigger deal out of it. "24" often do double episode premieres so it's more of an event - however - considering AMC have their schedule tightly packed and very solid with TWD, then Talking Dead, then TWD again, then Comic Book Men, there would be no place to fit in an episode that's any longer than that. Those re-run showings help boost the numbers for the night and grab headlines, so it's understandable why they're sticking with what's worked well for them.

So I suppose what we can have instead is a more epic feel to those standard 43 minutes of show - e.g. 4x01's "Big Spot!" scene, which was quite something. With a couple of extra days on their production schedule for 5x01, it sounds like, perhaps, we'll be getting something bigger than usual in the opening episode of the season (i.e. something that requires additional days of shooting to pull off due to its complexity).

Surely AMC would be able to make more money off skipping the talking dead for a night and running the premiere right through? They are just after the dollars after all as we've seen them do a lot of bad things to the show to make or save a few bucks.