Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Season 5 - Official Preview Pics & Vids

Super Moderator

UK
    Legion - I believe Rick's new handgun has a silencer attached to it. I don't know much about guns, being a Brit, so it's some sort of semi-automatic pistol (is that the right term?) with a matching silencer attached, as opposed to the hand-crafted silencers we saw in season three.

Facestabber - interesting theory, although I'm wondering if the AK-47 is pinched from Terminus' weapons stash or something like that.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Legion - I believe Rick's new handgun has a silencer attached to it. I don't know much about guns, being a Brit, so it's some sort of semi-automatic pistol (is that the right term?) with a matching silencer attached, as opposed to the hand-crafted silencers we saw in season three.

Facestabber - interesting theory, although I'm wondering if the AK-47 is pinched from Terminus' weapons stash or something like that.
    MZ, you may well be right, I just saw Rick toting it and assumed it was a huge long barrelled semi-auto pistol...because, ya know, Rick is the big gun guy.

Either way...bring on S5, because I am stoked for return to the world of TWD!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

England
    Season 5 trailer. Lego style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tEhGm7xSlc
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Nifty!

Great Britain
    New season 5 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAxMiij8ycc

Sorry suck at linking
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 08-Sep-2014 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Embedded YouTube video.

Administrator

England
    ^^ No!!! Not going to watch it! You can't make me watch it! Wow the zombie at 0:33!!!! Doh! I watched it
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    The zombies are looking gnarlier and gnarlier, and I love it. The new season can't come soon enough!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    Something that I really like about the walkers in TWD is their teeth - not just how they've been able to figure out that 'parted lips, rotted gums' look, but that we're beyond that 'ghoulish dentures' look where it would make it appear that, for some strange reason, converting into a zombie made their teeth go from being normal human teeth into all kinds of messed up forms. The way KNB have been able to move away from that and give us a disturbingly real-looking walker maw is excellent - just look at that walker in the preview thumbnail for that new trailer - excellent stuff!

United States
    Again I must repeat, this show has completely reset the standard for the zombie genre. And that standard is high.

Anyone else concerned about the green lighted pilot for the spinoff? I would rather see more money pumped in this show. I have my reservations but will still tune in to see what its all about.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Again I must repeat, this show has completely reset the standard for the zombie genre. And that standard is high.

Anyone else concerned about the green lighted pilot for the spinoff? I would rather see more money pumped in this show. I have my reservations but will still tune in to see what its all about.
    As long as the spin-off doesn't interfere with the main show then okay. TWD is their big money spinner, so AMC would be foolish - having since upped the budget for seasons 3 and 4 (and presumably 5) to then cut it back when it's their main draw. Even being in the same universe, the spin-off won't feature our beloved characters and location, so there's plenty of work to do to get viewers to love it enough to keep it going, you know? Hence just an order for a pilot and not a straight-up order of, say, six episodes. Likewise, I don't think any of the main players behind the scenes would want to jeopardise the main show - e.g. by getting too distracted.

As long as the main show isn't affected, and the quality is high, then I welcome the spin-off. It'll be interesting to see a different location in this same apocalypse with new characters that aren't connected to anything already in existence. Hopefully the showrunner of the spin-off will give us something worthy.

I wonder if the spin-off would air at the same time or whether it would air between seasons (assuming it'll go to series) - I'd imagine the latter, particularly with Mad Men finishing next year to go along with the considerable hole left by Breaking Bad. Good to see AMC's continued commitment to Hell On Wheels, though ... I dig that show.

Great Britain
    Some of the Walking Dead spin off cast

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/2...cters-revealed

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.

NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.

NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.

ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.

ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea — yep, another Andrea! — has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Some of the Walking Dead spin off cast

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/2...cters-revealed

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.

NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.

NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.

ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.

ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea — yep, another Andrea! — has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

Sweet fancy jesus. It sounds like a sitcom with all those "rebellious teenage..." and single parents. Brady bunch goes undead. They've even got an Alice!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    Sweet fancy jesus. It sounds like a sitcom with all those "rebellious teenage..." and single parents. Brady bunch goes undead. They've even got an Alice!
    Ok; I once predicted a spin off cartoon with talking pets and an eighties soundtrack. No one took it seriously. Seeing the cast of this spin off I can't help but fear it will turn out worse than my worst cynical nightmares.
    What we really need is for Paul Verhoeven to turn this into a feature film where the undead slowly tear the annoying stereotypical characters apart.

UK
    Put in spoiler tags just in case. It looks like a promo image but could be a still from series five. All I will say is Glenn is a lucky bugger.

Super Moderator

UK
    By the way - TWD's just been renewed for a sixth season.