Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Season 5 - Official Preview Pics & Vids

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Trailers out can't watch as im in the uk sadly

Edit found a link that works in uk http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22...ead_shortfilms

Looks fantastic that is all lol
    WTF zombie at 2m16s?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Wow, the trailer looks amazing!!!

UK
    Can I just add - WOW, that looks fantastic! literally sent chills up my spine.

I can believe they showed so much, there are some serious spoilers in there - be warned anyone whose not seen it yet.

Can't wait till October, got, to, keep, holding, on, not sure how i'm going to make it now though D'OH

Rich

PS, Many thanks to the link poster Paranoid101
    Last edited by RichW; 26-Jul-2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Poor spelling!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The new trailers still haven't lived up to the first season's, but this was still pretty good. I would've preferred some more emotional moments, but the action is nice as well.

It's interesting to see that they'll be returning to Atlanta. Cool to see all the high rises destroyed and abandoned around the 2:23 mark.

Super Moderator

UK
    Okay so I've seen the trailer, promptly 'jizzed. in. mah. pants.', and have done a bit of an analysis of it with plenty of screenshots:

http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...comic-con.html

Those water-logged walkers? Holy shit, you guys ... I'm thinking that sequence will rival the Big Spot stuff from 4x01 ... they put the well walker from season 2 to shame, alright!

United States
    I'm with Minion on this one. I will sign in bold letters at the top of The Walking Dead fanboy newsletter. We are in the middle of the most epic walker/zombie story ever put to film. We are in the golden era my friends so let's enjoy this epic frickn ride.

United States
    They do reveal all of our questions after the cliffhanger but raise many more in their place. The action looks amazing, the walkers are top notch and once again shows them in a different light- HOLY SHIT!

The new environments are a welcome addition too. Not too thrilled with the ending but I'll hold out until release.

Amazing.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Like Moon says - so many questions raised.

Of course the gang were going to be let out of the train car - the specifics of the how and why is to be resolved, but we know something of it.

The water-logged walkers look absolutely ghastly ... that one looking up at Rick as he looks down into that hole in the floor (the one with the grey face that's all puffed up but flowing over it's skull like a melted candle) is just horrific (in a great way).

I've heard that KNB look at a lot of crime scene photos and death photos (a rather grim bit of the job!) but evidently it's all rather useful for helping come up with crazy stuff like that!

Administrator

England
    Still like 10 weeks to go?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Minion, I think that walker in your avatar pic is creepy as hell. Horrifying! KNB never lets me down.

Has anyone else notice at around the 22 sec mark one of the captives looks pretty familiar? I think Rick has found something he wanted back.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Minion, I think that walker in your avatar pic is creepy as hell. Horrifying! KNB never lets me down.

Has anyone else notice at around the 22 sec mark one of the captives looks pretty familiar? I think Rick has found something he wanted back.
    Moon - are you thinking:
    THEORY:

You mean the white guy nearest the camera with them all lined up over the trough? I had to go frame-by-frame to get a decent enough look at him, but yeah, it really does look like the guy he gave his watch to! Forget the character's name, but yeah ... very keenly spotted, Sir!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 28-Jul-2014 at 09:53 AM.

England
    Don't forget that AMC have a history of screwing with us with these trailer's people.
    Misdirection at its best.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Moon - are you thinking:
    THEORY:

You mean the white guy nearest the camera with them all lined up over the trough? I had to go frame-by-frame to get a decent enough look at him, but yeah, it really does look like the guy he gave his watch to! Forget the character's name, but yeah ... very keenly spotted, Sir!
    That's what I'm thinking, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Don't forget that AMC have a history of screwing with us with these trailer's people.
    Misdirection at its best.
    Agreed. I could already tell you what's "NOT" going to happen.

England
    That comic-con trailer is simply Jizz-tastic.

Did rick have a new giant handgun in there as well?

Ricks gun will always be bigger than your gun!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    That comic-con trailer is simply Jizz-tastic.

Did rick have a new giant handgun in there as well?

Ricks gun will always be bigger than your gun!
    Speaking of Rick's gun. I had a conversation with a friend about something which I found interesting. It is the fact that Rick is now wielding an AK47. Now I'll admit this may have absolutely no meaning. Its very likely the writers gave no thought to this idea. But IMO, the AK is always used by the dark/lawless/enemy in film and tv. Or as Gunny Highway once uttered "This is the AK47, the preferred weapon of your enemy....etc". We all can see that Rick has turned from the 'do-good', do the right thing personality which coincidently was always seen with Rick toting an AR/M4/M16(covered all bases). Its safe to say the AR platform is usually associated with the American hero. So my thought is with Rick's personality change, does the AK in season 5 have a symbolism attached?