Thread: The Forest (survival horror alpha release)

England

The Forest (survival horror alpha release)

Any of you guys played this yet? I downloaded it last night and having great fun on it so far despite the bugs you would expect from an alpha version. You start off in a plane which crashes into a remote forest, you are the only survivor and it quickly becomes apparent that you aren't the only thing in the woods. You have to start gathering logs, sticks and rocks to build shelter and start gathering food, all the while you are being stalked by enemies lifted straight out of cannibal holocaust. They creep around your camp setting up strange effigies and start attacking if you let your guard down or don't have any fires to scare them away at night. There is a lot of work to go but it has the potential to be a brilliant game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPzaymDnDJQ

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Been keeping an eye on this for awhile.
    So stoked about it, but to be honest I feel Steam keeps dragging me into to many alpha versions these days.
    This game is supporting Oculus Rift, so I'm gonna hold out for a final release and Oculus!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Been keeping an eye on this for awhile.
    So stoked about it, but to be honest I feel Steam keeps dragging me into to many alpha versions these days.
    This game is supporting Oculus Rift, so I'm gonna hold out for a final release and Oculus!
    It was due out last year wasn't it? Guess it took longer than they thought

Does look very interesting! And with Oculus Rift support? Scary!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    4 days till the 0.02 alpha update, looking forward to seeing what they add in! It's an incredible game so far considering it's been made by 4 guys who do film special effects rather than games. Anyone else got on board yet?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    4 days till the 0.02 alpha update, looking forward to seeing what they add in! It's an incredible game so far considering it's been made by 4 guys who do film special effects rather than games. Anyone else got on board yet?
    How does it play? Do you keep building up? Or do you keep getting killed and have to start from the beginning over and over?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Looks interesting.

A bit Far Cry though?

Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....