Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Old members

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Christ, the amount of hassle/agro that "invitation only" forum caused! At least the current one doesn't cause the same problem!
    I must have had some sweet amnesia where that was concerned. Not that we should ever bring it up again.

United States
    Hahahaha..."Are they talking about me in there? I wonder if they're talking about me in there? I bet they're talking about me in there..."

United States
    If they aren't talking about me in there then why aren't they?!?!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Christ, the amount of hassle/agro that "invitation only" forum caused! At least the current one doesn't cause the same problem!
    lol I forgot about this!

Super Moderator

United States
    I never found out who blackballed me, but Odin help them if I ever find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post

This place use to do survival scenarios A LOT back then...people try and do them sometimes now but not much happens with those threads.
    To be fair, a lot of those topics got really played out after a while, I mean how many rotating members did we have that reposted the "What's your favorite weapons for the Zombpocalypse" threads every month or 3? But I do miss that sort of discussion and the regularity we used to enjoy here. I even wanted to post a hypothetical "What would you do if you were in Rhodes' place at the start of Day" thread last year, but figured it'd languish in Dead Discussion.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

To be fair, a lot of those topics got really played out after a while, I mean how many rotating members did we have that reposted the "What's your favorite weapons for the Zombpocalypse" threads every month or 3? But I do miss that sort of discussion and the regularity we used to enjoy here. I even wanted to post a hypothetical "What would you do if you were in Rhodes' place at the start of Day" thread last year, but figured it'd languish in Dead Discussion.
    Rhodes offered a lot to be debated. The worst death in Day / Rhodes was the real victim thread hijack was a good Rhodes thread.

United States
    I'll bet is was Bass, that shifty bastard.

But I do miss that sort of discussion and the regularity we used to enjoy here. I even wanted to post a hypothetical "What would you do if you were in Rhodes' place at the start of Day" thread last year, but figured it'd languish in Dead Discussion.
    You should have. It's a good question. One I don't think I've seen asked before.

I've never been a prolific thread starter anyway, & I kinda feel like I said everything I had to say a long time ago in regards to zeds, in an odd sort of way. So, uh yeah.

Being Attacked

Vatican City State
    I used to be a regular. Thinking about popping back in. Had some good times here!

England
    Hmm...don't know if I am proper old skool, but I discovered this site when I got a Sega Dreamcast well over a decade ago, I spent months here after my initial discovery reading the Hell out of the fiction section with the background music playing...happy, innocent times

I also remember the great hacking, I contacted a user here and sent them a bunch of fiction I'd saved from the site on ye olde floppy disc (had a giant desktop PC by then).

Wow...so much time has passed since then...not sure when I actually registered for the forum proper.

Edit: Profile says when I finally joined 2007...I obviously lurked for some time.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 05-Jul-2014 at 02:51 AM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Dying

Undisclosed
    I've an 'old member'.
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    My first contact with this site was the fiction section as well. I remember reading lots of fan fic back in the day, way before I joined.
    When I was a kid I used to watch the Friday the 13ths films a lot, and when I get into High school I'd hang around on fridaythe13thfilms.com, which had a forum. After awhile I dropped the interest in slasher-films, but I'd always been a Z-film fan.

I remember checking out the forums on and off again before joining up. But, and no hard feelings here, I seem to remember them being quite a bit uglier than this, hehe. Like a red-on-black ezBoard forum or something.

United States
    I joined for the fiction, argued a lot with people in the fiction comments section. Grimstories if I remember right.

I kinda wish the fiction forum was that active.

Good to see everyone that's still around though.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    I joined for the fiction, argued a lot with people in the fiction comments section. Grimstories if I remember right.

I kinda wish the fiction forum was that active.

Good to see everyone that's still around though.
    Christ, it's a lot more laid back now compared to some of the $hit that used to hit the fan!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Christ, it's a lot more laid back now compared to some of the $hit that used to hit the fan!
    Ban hammer comes out a hellva lot more often in these times to be fair.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Hmm...don't know if I am proper old skool, but I discovered this site when I got a Sega Dreamcast well over a decade ago
    Damn yo! Browsing here on what was likely the first web browsing game console! That, sir, is geek cred.

Uncle Creepy over at Dread Central used to browse here and on Kyra Schon's chat on... get this... WebTV!