Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Old members

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    Hi,

I was just at weekend of the dead ... jogged a few memories, and here i am. Hope everyone is well!!!
    Good good. How was Weekend of the Dead?

Undisclosed
    Hail and Shalom olde folks. Been a long time since I was here. Hope everyone is well.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappingbear View Post
    Hail and Shalom olde folks. Been a long time since I was here. Hope everyone is well.
    Still shambling along
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Hello! It's been a while since I've seen that avatar.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Feb-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Being Attacked

Vatican City State

Holy crap! Been a long time! How's it been going?

Undisclosed
    Was watching the beginning of Stranger Things 3, and got nostalgic for old days. Surprised my name and password still worked. ��
    May have to browse through these threads a bit. I use to be pretty active around 2002-2005.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, I popped in to see if the site was still going. Surprised everything was still here.

It has been about 7 years since I have been here if not more, but I do remember joining when the forums were green.

Not much has changed with me since I left other than I became a dad. Oh yeah, I still talk to LouCipherr too

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Congrats on entering the wonderful world of fatherhood! I've got two little ones myself these days! Glad to see ya pop in! I'll always remember running into you in St. Louis when you recommended Five Guys burgers to me and my buddies for lunch. Still got the mustang? I can't imagine that a car seat would fit in that thing!

Super Moderator

UK
    While I keep up with you elsewhere, it's nice to see the "DjfunkmasterG" name again.

United States
    Been here since 03. Feels like yesterday and also a lifetime. And I remember Djfunkmaster back in the day going on how awesome Dawn04 was, yada yada yada, and when he made his own zombie flick which was lame. But hey, he made it, so kudos to him on that. No offense Dj LOL

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way, thanks Neil. This site was able to bring me back to all the old memories I had as a kid when my father brought me to the drive inn to see Night and then making pretend our car broke on the way home. Oh hated him when I was 10 years old. And then seeing Dawn with my buddies when I was in middle school and not being able to sleep that night because all the disturbing gore Savini shoved in my face. And then bringing a first date to see Day. Needless to say it freaked her out so bad she wanted nothing to do with me after that.
    Last edited by Harleydude666; 07-Jan-2020 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Correction

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Been here since 03. Feels like yesterday and also a lifetime. And I remember Djfunkmaster back in the day going on how awesome Dawn04 was, yada yada yada, and when he made his own zombie flick which was lame. But hey, he made it, so kudos to him on that. No offense Dj LOL

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way, thanks Neil. This site was able to bring me back to all the old memories I had as a kid when my father brought me to the drive inn to see Night and then making pretend our car broke on the way home. Oh hated him when I was 10 years old. And then seeing Dawn with my buddies when I was in middle school and not being able to sleep that night because all the disturbing gore Savini shoved in my face. And then bringing a first date to see Day. Needless to say it freaked her out so bad she wanted nothing to do with me after that.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Still waiting for MZ to make his zombie film masterpiece!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Still waiting for MZ to make his zombie film masterpiece!

Perhaps one day, although the market is so overcrowded with zombie stuff now that there's very little room to do anything new or kinda new or a bit different ... although I have an idea or two floating around in my head, just little fantasies, but anyway...

I'm currently working on a pitch for a TV series at the moment (along with a director, producer, and production representative - approaching major networks and services), which thus far has been well received ... anyway, one episode does open with a zombie type thing, based on an idea I've had for like 15 or so years now, but obviously we're quite a ways off (still very much deep in the pitching phase) and you can't be sure of what you write in a script now coming to be on-screen whenever down the road, but at the moment it's a fun way to open one of the episodes that I've put in, which I think could work quite well and play into the show's slightly unusual nature.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Perhaps one day, although the market is so overcrowded with zombie stuff now that there's very little room to do anything new or kinda new or a bit different ... although I have an idea or two floating around in my head, just little fantasies, but anyway...

I'm currently working on a pitch for a TV series at the moment (along with a director, producer, and production representative - approaching major networks and services), which thus far has been well received ... anyway, one episode does open with a zombie type thing, based on an idea I've had for like 15 or so years now, but obviously we're quite a ways off (still very much deep in the pitching phase) and you can't be sure of what you write in a script now coming to be on-screen whenever down the road, but at the moment it's a fun way to open one of the episodes that I've put in, which I think could work quite well and play into the show's slightly unusual nature.
    Well damn I hope this comes to fruition. Good luck, dude! Would definitely love to check it out.

Also, I’m always down to check out anything DEAD related, haha.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    Congrats on entering the wonderful world of fatherhood! I've got two little ones myself these days! Glad to see ya pop in! I'll always remember running into you in St. Louis when you recommended Five Guys burgers to me and my buddies for lunch. Still got the mustang? I can't imagine that a car seat would fit in that thing!
    Do not own the Mustang anymore. Last one I owned was a 2014 in 2014. Hate the new style. I have a Chrysler 300S Hemi now, 4 door family sedan with 390 Horsepower.

Versatility and power all wrapped into 1.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*