Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Old members

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    Bring back Sven.
    I talk to him on the phone a couple of times a week.

United States
    Tell him Trance says hi!

United States
    old-man-shap.jpg I love the name of this thread. . .makes me feel young
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    hell, i'll check in. If memory serves me, i think i was one of the original posters on neil's first message board (disc.app?) back in 97-98 (not sure). I really do not remember what my first user name was (-mas-, maybe). Some of the original crew were: Neil, john betancourt, c. J. Hopegiver, flyboy, doc oremor (aka jackdan), jiven, nova_android, lucky, dewalt, bob turkee, trooper, beowulf, jamie (who could forget jamie?) and a few others whose names i have forgotten.

Those were the good ol days before the likes of bedlam and "what's-his-name" slithered in and began the first round of trolling; before blades11 went on his shooting spree up in minnesota and made national news. Do any of you remember him?

On a more upbeat note, i still remember khardis. Khardis was great!

-stray-

summoned

Administrator

England
    Hmmm... Slightly bad taste
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What!? Tell me this blades11 story!

United States
    I was an active member in this scene like a generation ago. Then I was hired by the CIA to do a fake shooting to take away guns or some bullshit
    Now I'm allowed to come out of hiding and I'm back here again lol

Administrator

England
    RE: Blades11 (Jeff Weise)...

Audio Documentary:-
    - http://www.mprnews.org/story/2005/03...ed-at-red-lake

General Info:-
    - https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Jeff_Weise (Some of this seems in very poor taste IMHO)
    - http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/weise-jeffrey.htm

After those events I checked his personal messages (on the old forum), and he had discussed personal problems with people, including talk of suicide He also had a fiction contribution here from Nov 2003, "City Of The Damned", which is off line...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Weren't you contacted by the FBI as well Neil?
    Have a memory of that for some reason.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Encyclopedia Dramatica is a very infamous website. It existed since 2004 and is basically a wikipedia for internet memes / culture, but mostly run by trolls and other lulzy users. The goal is to generally shock and offend, and to insult the subject of whatever the article is about.

You'll find that the article isn't shit like it was from 2005-2014 but is now extensively edited and probably one of the more informative pages online.

Authorities often contact people (whether off or online) who knew a criminal or victim (if they had a internet presence) but you can generally plead the 5th. Plus the blades11 tragedy happened 11 years ago- its a closed case.

Also Niel, you're out of PM space so I can't send you a PM so:

"I tracked down a few of his friends from MSN in 2014-16 and asked them what they remembered about him. I dont know how well you all knew that guy but from the info I gathered from some other acquaintances...

* Many of his friends were female- but he never hit on them. In real life, he got along well with girls, who often came to him for advice and support.

* Most of his e-friends described him as normal and cool, with a moderate sense of humor.

* Whenever he described his personal life, they said he described a lot of horrible stuff (in line with his life)

* Usually acted kind of emo/goth like.

* Some said he was crazy."

I'm not a fed a tumblrina or any of that shit. I'm just pissed that america and the world ignored this event and learned nothing from it. Plus most of the data about this guy's gone offline in the last 10 years- stuff that people knew from day one was lost to memory. I don't want to be egotistical but my gruntwork spent on reviving and restoring his info has provoked some sparked interest in the case again. I hear there's a guy who's doing a documentary on red lake (the victims, not the shooter. good.)

United States
    I first visited this site shortly after I got my first computer and internet connection back in 1999. I was obsessed with the Resident Evil games and books, and worked my way through reading every single fiction story in my free time after school and weekends. I'd love to go back and read the old forums pre 2006 when the switchover happened, but my login info doesn't work anymore. Most likely because of the whole stink and subsequent exodus of myself and a few other fiction writers at the time.

Still though, this site, the forums and the fiction section in particular, are the source of some great memories for me.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

United States
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jeff registered an account here as far back as 2001 under this handle (Blades11) didn't he?

I've never been a member here, but I heard there was an outage for this site in 2003 or 2006 which prompted the creation of that backup yuku forum, where Jeff typed out his famous "Surviving The Dead" story. What's the situation on that? http://writerscoven.yuku.com/topic/7...l#.WBenBsmYEno

In a investigative document ( https://schoolshooters.info/sites/de..._blades_11.pdf )

He had 772 posts on writers coven since 2001 or whatever.

Are those sites directly related to HPOTD?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades11 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jeff registered an account here as far back as 2001 under this handle (Blades11) didn't he?

I've never been a member here, but I heard there was an outage for this site in 2003 or 2006 which prompted the creation of that backup yuku forum, where Jeff typed out his famous "Surviving The Dead" story. What's the situation on that? http://writerscoven.yuku.com/topic/7...l#.WBenBsmYEno

In a investigative document ( https://schoolshooters.info/sites/de..._blades_11.pdf )

He had 772 posts on writers coven since 2001 or whatever.

Are those sites directly related to HPOTD?
    PM is cleared now if you need to PM me...

I can check to see if/when he registered. Yes Blades11.

There wasn't an outage 2003-2006. There were possibly times when the site was down for a few days or maybe a week due to server problems, or indeed even hacks, but some users created/used other forums as a fail safe for such times...

Those other sites are nothing to do with HPotD.

I recall at "the time" being contacted by the press too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Weren't you contacted by the FBI as well Neil?
    Have a memory of that for some reason.
    No, just the media...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    What was he like?

If he was still around today, how do you think he would've managed? He'd be like 28 right now

Canada
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I felt like I had to post. I can't even remember when I started to visit this page, but I know two things: I was drawn by the fiction, and I was a very young, very stupid young man, haha. I recall that The only reason I even registered was because the fiction section became locked to guests. I made many friends here, and looking back on it as an adult, I can say that I definitely enjoyed my times posting here, even if some of the discussions were simply "What's better guys, King of the Hill or The Simpsons?!".

By the way, it's king of the hill.