Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Old members

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Mike70 aka Scipio70 is still around from time to time.
    Im still here. Been wandering around since late april and haven't even been on the net much.

Think I've been coming here since 99 or. MZ was like 14 back then.
    I do miss the old days in that there was more interaction but at the same time I dont because the place was like chimps tea party.way too many trolls back then.
    As for today - a lot of the old thread topics are completely played out. There o ly so many "its 2am, you are surrounded by zombies, your mercet is out of gas, you have 2 shells left, what do you do?" Threads one can be interested in.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Fresh Meat

United States
    Hell, I'll check in. If memory serves me, I think I was one of the original posters on Neil's first message board (disc.app?) back in 97-98 (not sure). I really do not remember what my first user name was (-mas-, maybe). Some of the original crew were: Neil, John Betancourt, C. J. Hopegiver, Flyboy, Doc Oremor (aka JackDan), Jiven, Nova_Android, Lucky, DeWalt, Bob Turkee, Trooper, Beowulf, Jamie (who could forget Jamie?) and a few others whose names I have forgotten.

Those were the good ol days before the likes of Bedlam and "what's-his-name" slithered in and began the first round of trolling; before Blades11 went on his shooting spree up in Minnesota and made national news. Do any of you remember him?

On a more upbeat note, I still remember Khardis. Khardis was great!

-stray-

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post

On a more upbeat note, I still remember Khardis. Khardis was great!

-stray-
    I still like to think that Khardis was a free-spirited, theater major performing some sort of online performance art.

It's the only reasonable way to explain his behavior, I feel.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I still like to think that Khardis was a free-spirited, theater major performing some sort of online performance art.

It's the only reasonable way to explain his behavior, I feel.
    I hate to shatter your illusion but khardis was the prototypical frat boy dick , who most likely founds things like lighting farts and beer can smashing contests funny. He had a youtube page.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    He had a youtube page.
    Huh, never knew that.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Huh, never knew that.
    It provided frat boy confirmation. Lots of vids of 20somethings acting like a bunch of 10 year olds.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hey everyone. I know I'm still a 'young buck' in comparison to all you guys (joined in '05 or '06, right? Probably '06), but I just wanted to say thanks for being on the site and helping me grow into the 'man' I am today. I've learned a lot here, and I still love the original trilogy (Dawn and Day especially) as much as I did when I first watched 'em at 16. I'm 24 now, and yep, at least that hasn't changed.

PS: I want to just say thanks to Neil, Andy, Moon, Aces, Clean, bass, Lou, Mike, and a couple others I can't remember. I'm tired, sorry. Anyway, y'all really helped me through the late game of high school, so I wanted to show my appreciation for that. Maybe I'll post back here in seven years if this thread is still active. I've learned my lesson about necromancy...

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSS View Post
    Any one here from the beginning ie early days when Neil started I see MZ is here still , I mean guys that where here before that toss pot Bedlam hacked and crashed the site it was down quite a long time but Neil resurrected the site also are the Friday night chat sessions still happening
    I've been on this site sense November 1999 when i discovered it while I was deployed to Turkey in the USAF. I think I visited the site at least once a day just never much of a poster more of a lurker.

Undisclosed
    remember when I joined here. Was a long time ago I know that. Been here long enough to remember GrimStories. A lot of people hate him but I always enjoyed his stories. Don't come around here very often anymore though I still get the birthday greetings from the site.

I do remember when the fiction discussion was the place to make enemies. I try not to get into on line arguments. I still equate it to being the winner of the Special Olympics.
    I meant retard in a nice way.

The only french you need to learn is, "I accept your surrender.

United States
    hey man hows it going

- - - Updated - - -

damn russ havent heard the name flathead in years
    good...bad.....im the one with the gun.

David says:
    think they covered Wolverine's pecker in that crap?
    loshermanodeloso@hotmail.com says:
    well ofcourse
    David says:
    guy gets a hard on and the last thing the bitch hears is SNIKT?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSteve View Post
    remember when I joined here. Was a long time ago I know that. Been here long enough to remember GrimStories. A lot of people hate him but I always enjoyed his stories.
    Grim's stories were fab! Shame he asked for them all to be taken down

Wish he'd let them be reposted again!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    PS: I want to just say thanks to Neil, Andy, Moon, Aces, Clean, bass, Lou, Mike, and a couple others I can't remember. I'm tired, sorry. Anyway, y'all really helped me through the late game of high school, so I wanted to show my appreciation for that. Maybe I'll post back here in seven years if this thread is still active. I've learned my lesson about necromancy...
    Moon, we must be slipping. We have been credited with helping someone.

As for lou, havent heard from him in eons. Maybe one of those dead elm trees on his cabin property fell on him and he finally succumbed after eating both his legs and his non-masturbatory hand.
    Last edited by Mike70; 11-Sep-2014 at 05:17 PM. Reason: d

Undisclosed
    Im not dead.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappingbear View Post
    Im not dead.
    Here--he says he's not dead!
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Here--he says he's not dead!
    Good to see an old school name. I guess there isn't some "grandfather clause" for members from yon ago like us. I will probably be "just bitten" for the next 20 years despite being old...old...old school.