Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Old members

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by mike70 View Post
    and moon was still able to convince women to get naked with him without resorting to hypnotism.
    lol!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    I think MZ was like 14 when i started coming here and Blind2d was chewing on a teething ring. Tricky was a teenager and Moon was still able to convince women to get naked with him without resorting to hypnotism.
    Haha I was 22 when I joined dude! I'm 33 now, haven't been on much lately, life has got full of distractions and I spend much less time on forums than I used to purely because I'm always busy with something or other. I did get in the army eventually and currently in training as a reservist, as well as finally getting into a good civvy job that pays me a decent wedge! I'm still the same old me though, still loving zombie films, still gaming when I get chance, still going out on the town when I can and despite heading for my mid 30's I can still pretty much pass off as being mid 20's

Super Moderator

UK
    I think MZ was like 14 when i started coming here and Blind2d was chewing on a teething ring. Tricky was a teenager and Moon was still able to convince women to get naked with him without resorting to hypnotism.

I remember when I first found HPOTD. It wasn't long after I'd first seen Day of the Dead IIRC ... back in the old DiscussionApp days ... blimey ... I was just a scruffy little teen gawping at Max Power magazines with my friends in the school yard back then.

I love that, even with people coming and going over the years, our little enclave in this corner of the Internet is still here. When I first turned up here the zombie genre was in a pretty weak state, it had a hell of a back catalogue to its name, but not much going on at that time - now it's a huge deal and we've got two damn good zombie TV shows to watch!

It's rather nice to scroll through this thread and see some old familiar names (and even avatars) pop in.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 14-Sep-2015 at 06:28 PM.

United States

I don't even bother now. My pecker only shoots dust bunnies from lack of use.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I love that, even with people coming and going over the years, our little enclave in this corner of the Internet is still here. When I first turned up here the zombie genre was in a pretty weak state, it had a hell of a back catalogue to its name, but not much going on at that time:
    Dude, when this place first started the Romero films, by and large, were the zombie genre (yeah there was fulci's stuff and few others but the Romero trilogy was the focal point. Then along came "28 Days Later", "Shaun", ad infinitum. The genre is so oversaturated that it is hard to separate.the wheat from the chaff.

Hell, that was so long ago that Shootem and I had sunny dipositions and were internationally known optimists. Now look at what middle.age has done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I don't even bother now. My pecker only shoots dust bunnies from lack of use.
    :Lol: dust bunnies? Seems that would happen because of overuse.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Dude, when this place first started the Romero films, by and large, were the zombie genre (yeah there was fulci's stuff and few others but the Romero trilogy was the focal point. Then along came "28 Days Later", "Shaun", ad infinitum. The genre is so oversaturated that it is hard to separate.the wheat from the chaff.

Hell, that was so long ago that Shootem and I had sunny dipositions and were internationally known optimists. Now look at what middle.age has done.

- - - Updated - - -

:Lol: dust bunnies? Seems that would happen because of overuse.
    No, then it would be puffs of air, like an unloaded BB gun.

No, sadly, my plumbing is so dusty with disuse now, when I go to piss it's like using a sandblaster...

Super Moderator

UK

Very true. In my formative years getting into the zombie genre it was Romero as the representative of the genre, with various low budget Euro-Zombi flicks scattered around. There's so much zombie content now, but then - apart from Romero - about the most I had aside from GAR was "Zombi 2" and "Zombiethon"! Initially I rather dug Zombi 2, then I got more teenagery about it and took a disliking to it because it was ripping off GAR, but then I grew to love the Euro-Zombi movement.

No, sadly, my plumbing is so dusty with disuse now, when I go to piss it's like using a sandblaster...
    Moon paints a hell of a picture, doesn't he?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Moon paints a hell of a picture, doesn't he?
    I like to think of myself as the Picasso of sexual innuendo and crude metaphor.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    I like to think of myself as the Picasso of sexual innuendo and crude metaphor.
    Wouldn't you be more akin to Jackson Pollack then?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Wouldn't you be more akin to Jackson Pollack then?
    Mmm, good point.

Actually, should have gone with Van Gough. Mentally unsound, unknown failure in his lifetime, cut off a part of his ear & sent it to a chick trying to impress her. Sounds about right.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 17-Sep-2015 at 09:13 PM. Reason: .

Aaland
    I'm a new member but long time lurker, invite only forum sounds pretty cool though. Exclusive, VIP, and all that....

United States
    According to my profile, it's been nine years since I regularly bugged everyone. Pretty cool to see a few familiar faces still kicking around though.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell View Post
    According to my profile, it's been nine years since I regularly bugged everyone. Pretty cool to see a few familiar faces still kicking around though.
    Wow, welcome back. You were an old timer, when I just got to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by DayOfTheDeadCos View Post
    I'm a new member but long time lurker
    And welcome to you as well, DotDC!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Thanks! I actually have lurked around from time to time, I do a lot of reading in the fiction section. But decided a post about old members might be a fitting place to jump back in.

Administrator

England
    Can't remember if I've mentioned, but the old forums (I coded) are still buried away under a pile of dust if you look hard enough - They've been taken over by the Fiction Section, but they're still there

http://fiction.homepageofthedead.com/forum.pl?f=1
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan