Thread: "Dead of Winter" upcoming zombie boardgame

United States

"Dead of Winter" upcoming zombie boardgame

I know I'm about the only boardgame type around these parts for the most part, but I thought youse guys might be interested in this one. It looks like it focuses more on the survival/decision making/story aspects, rather than the route games like "Last Night on Earth" or "Zombicide" have taken, which is more action oriented.

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/games/dead-of-winter

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1...rossroads-game

I will likely be picking it up, even though solo play is my only option, which the game IS NOT designed for. I might be willing to facilitate an online session of it on here if any of you lot are interested & if the game makes such a venue possible.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Actually,

In the last couple of years I've played a shitload of board games. Two friends of mine developed an interest for it a couple of years ago and they opened up a boardgame café. So I've got somewhat-easy access to 300-400+ boardgames.

Last Night on Earth is, without a doubt, my number one favorite game, for obvious reasons. Invasion from Outer Space is fun as well.

I'll have a lookout for this one when it comes around. I played City of Horror a few weeks ago, that one was a blast.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Actually,

In the last couple of years I've played a shitload of board games. Two friends of mine developed an interest for it a couple of years ago and they opened up a boardgame café. So I've got somewhat-easy access to 300-400+ boardgames.

Last Night on Earth is, without a doubt, my number one favorite game, for obvious reasons. Invasion from Outer Space is fun as well.

I'll have a lookout for this one when it comes around. I played City of Horror a few weeks ago, that one was a blast.
    Sorry Ned. Forgot you were a board gamer, & a LNOE fan.

I have City of Horror as well. I like the looks of this one so much better though. I like the idea of group objectives+individual objectives+the possibility of a Traitor+search decks, resource management, etc, etc, etc.

It sounds VERY much like the "other" zombie game I've always wanted, as the yin to LNOE's yang (as I put it over on BGG)

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some videos showing components & a game overview, how to play, to give an idea of what the game is like:

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'll check those videos out. I personally don't own a lot of games, but I don't mind buying them when I feel I want to. In fact, all I own is LNOE, IFOS and all the expanions and supplements (save Blood in the Forest and Timber Peak).

Friend has got a hold of A Touch of Evil. Gonna play that tonight!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'll check those videos out. I personally don't own a lot of games, but I don't mind buying them when I feel I want to. In fact, all I own is LNOE, IFOS and all the expanions and supplements (save Blood in the Forest and Timber Peak).

Friend has got a hold of A Touch of Evil. Gonna play that tonight!
    Hope you enjoy it! It's one of my favorite games period. Very thematic & produces a rich story when I play, which I love.

I own quite a few games. I'm trying hard to be more discriminating these days & not buy a game unless it's a theme that I don't already have, or presents it in a way I haven't seen before (like this one), & that I'm sure that I'll play it (which I'm not 100% sure of on this...).

I have several games that I've bought because they were "kewl" that just aren't getting played, that I SHOULD get rid of, but haven't managed to let go of. (Doom, Fury of Dracula, Shadows Over Camelot).

Got some I splurged on that I haven't gotten to the table even! (Gears of War, Level 7:Escape)