Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Interesting rumor about Day of the Dead

Undisclosed
    and Paris Hilton will be flying the Helecopter
    I would pay full admission price to see that skank torn limb from limb "ala "rhodes. Can i get an Amen?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell
    You guys have to admit though, Carrot Top would have done better with a Dawn of the Dead remake then James Gunn...
    The only way to kill a zombie is beat it in the head with a rubber chicken while sporting the geniously funny "arrow through head" prank???
    hmmmm, co-written by Gallagher? hmmmm

Undisclosed

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir James Forbes
    Sounds OK... I'd be up to watching a follow up from Dawn04... Just hope it's better...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

Undisclosed

Don't be hatin'

I'm eager for the new Day. Do you think Land would have gotten greenlit if Dawn had flopped? And, ancillary effects aside, its a pretty darned good movie.

I've had some recommendations for movies on this site that were just truely awful...Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Seventh Gate (or whatever it was called) and almost anything by Bava is unwatchable. I can't believe all the people who dug those flicks won't take to Dawn 04 or LOTD....

As for Gunn, I'm feeling very good about him these days. Sure, Scooby was trash, but it was for kids. Besides, do you know who he's married to? I challenge anyone not to fall for his wife on the Office.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT
    im not sure if i would like to see another zombie that has a brain!

i thought land was really great,but i thought the fact that they could think to a point of shooting somebody rather than eating them was a little cheesy for me!
    That isn't a new concept. Haven't you seen Day before? Bub shoots the **** out of Rhodes before he gets eaten... Haha.. "COME ON!!"

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I'm thrilled to see this. I liked the Dawn remake a lot and instantly thought there has to be a sequel at the end of the movie. Cool.

Undisclosed
    I've had some recommendations for movies on this site that were just truely awful...Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Seventh Gate (or whatever it was called) and almost anything by Bava is unwatchable. I can't believe all the people who dug those flicks won't take to Dawn 04 or LOTD....
    I'm a huge Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (Living Dead at Manchester Morgue... i like this title better) and im in no way a fan of Dawn04, but I loved LOTD.

When referring to Bava, which one are you talking about? Lamberto Bava, or Mario Bava? Though Mario has done more cinematography than directing.

Atlanta, GA -- right smack in the middle of the Walking Dead apocalypse
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell
    ... an unreleastic cast including a nurse whose aim with a shotgun is right on target.
    Uhm, I'm a TV producer now, but I do have a Masters in Nursing, and I was champion shooter in college; got the medals to prove it...

If they start coming after us, do me a favor, throw me the rifle.

Still, you don't need that good of aim with a shotgun...

-
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dr. Foster: You're not running a talk show here, Mr. Berman! You can forget pitching an audience the moral bu11sh*t they want to hear!

http://deadandhungry.vox.com/

United Kingdom
    This is a bit worrying. I mean I thought that dawn '04 was great, but just wish they had not called it dawn or in any way tied it into GAR's classics. That I think is the major difference between the two GAR's zombie creations were classics like a proper Sunday roast with all the trimmings while the remake was a more MCDonalds short term filling but ultimatly leaves you gasping for more. If they do re-do day then I hope they dont call it day and just do it as a totally seperate entity. Obviously allowing for influences.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dommm
    This is a bit worrying. I mean I thought that dawn '04 was great, but just wish they had not called it dawn or in any way tied it into GAR's classics. That I think is the major difference between the two GAR's zombie creations were classics like a proper Sunday roast with all the trimmings while the remake was a more MCDonalds short term filling but ultimatly leaves you gasping for more. If they do re-do day then I hope they dont call it day and just do it as a totally seperate entity. Obviously allowing for influences.
    There's no "If" to it, anymore. It's official.....someone else wants to make a crap remake of a great film and now it appears that they are.

Undisclosed

Cool Day of the Carrot Top.

Hm. The timeline on the remakes is a bit funny...

Night in '68, remade 32 years later.
    Dawn in '78, remade 26 years later.
    Day in '85, remade 22 years later.

I guess we can expect the remake of Land of the Dead in approximately 18 years, if the declination of the timeframe continues.

That'd make ol' George roughly 84 when it comes out.

Food for thought.

Angry312; "Wouldn't Anna Nicole Smith be required to marry him at that point?"

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Day of the Dead Remake

The original screenplay for Day of the Dead, that George had written, appears more interesting than Day of the Dead was. I woul like ot see that as the basis of the new movie. I much prefer Ving not be a zombie.

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by scrowder
    The original screenplay for Day of the Dead, that George had written, appears more interesting than Day of the Dead was. I woul like ot see that as the basis of the new movie.
    But LAND recycled alot of ideas from that original DAY script. Infact, between the final DAY and LAND, there's not much left from that script for a third movie.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    But LAND recycled alot of ideas from that original DAY script. Infact, between the final DAY and LAND, there's not much left from that script for a third movie.
    Very good point. You have the zombies who learn to fight as soldier-type characters, not mindless drones. You have them learning. You have a holed up civilization that falls to ****, and the end explosion...well, its not as big, but still. You've got the intelligent leader zombie. It's very similar now that you mention it.