Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Interesting rumor about Day of the Dead

United Kingdom
    Still if they could've gotten GAr to do the remake and use the orignal script with the full budget mmmm.... if only. But that to many ifs in my opinion and it just aint gonna happen. Ahhhh well heres dreaming.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Even though he may do a sequel to LAND you have to remember LAND wasn't received well by critics, and did awful in terms of US Box office. Most studio's won't approach him because of this fact. Hollywood is strange man, very strange, but if you do a film and it tanks (or is panned by critics, and you're not a name like Speilberg, your get sidetracked quite often.

LAND had success over seas, but when a sequel was announced it was with Rogue Pictures, a very low budget division of Universal where most work ends up direct to video.

Not too mention Taurus holds the rights to the film, and they may not be on good speaking terms.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    you have to remember LAND wasn't received well by critics
    Me impersonating Dave Chapelle impersonating Lil' Jon:

WHAT!?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    LAND wasn't received well by critics, and did awful in terms of US Box office..
    And how do you figure this?....

Undisclosed
    I read on Bloody Disgusting.com a few days or so ago, that Ving will be playing Captain Rhodes and not reprising the role form Dawn '04. I think Ving as Rhodes is pretty bitching actually.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadboy
    I read on Bloody Disgusting.com a few days or so ago, that Ving will be playing Captain Rhodes and not reprising the role form Dawn '04. I think Ving as Rhodes is pretty bitching actually.
    That sounds very odd... So a follow up film (in effect), has the same very distinctive actor, playing two completely different roles? Huh?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    That sounds very odd... So a follow up film (in effect), has the same very distinctive actor, playing two completely different roles? Huh?
    Anything can happen when you re-imagine, Neil.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos
    Anything can happen when you re-imagine, Neil.
    Anything can happen when you have no imagination and are a total hack

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by coma
    Anything can happen when you have no imagination and are a total hack
    LOL! I didn't know Snyder was directing!

Undisclosed
    Even though he may do a sequel to LAND you have to remember LAND wasn't received well by critics,
    Whhaa???

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808405693/critic

Average grade of B, hell that's better than I got in school!

Just for gits and shiggles,

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808473170/critic

Dawn 04 gets a B-
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn
    Whhaa???

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808405693/critic

Average grade of B, hell that's better than I got in school!

Just for gits and shiggles,

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808473170/critic

Dawn 04 gets a B-
    They don't want to hear it...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Rogue Pictures ... haven't they done some quite successful flicks though? Stuff that got splashed out big in the cinemas? Hmmm...Romero really needs to get himself a businessman - heck, get his son in to do his business dealings. GAR is a great filmmaker, but he sucks huge time when it comes to doing anything businessy.

And Land would have done better in America had they not released it during the summer blockbuster period, rather than in the halloween period. And aye, it did well across Europe, there were still p*ssy "critics" (like Jonathon Ross, his review was pathetic, no thought paid at all and he said he was the biggest Romero fan - yeah right - he says he's the biggest fan of everything and watches everything - utter bollocks, Ross can kiss my paper-white ass, wanker).

*ahem*

I'll shut up now, OKAAAAAAAAY (you have just witnessed a moment in the life, of Lil Jon)...

Banned User

United States
    Even though he may do a sequel to LAND you have to remember LAND wasn't received well by critics, and did awful in terms of US Box office. Most studio's won't approach him because of this fact. Hollywood is strange man, very strange, but if you do a film and it tanks (or is panned by critics, and you're not a name like Speilberg, your get sidetracked quite often.

LAND had success over seas, but when a sequel was announced it was with Rogue Pictures, a very low budget division of Universal where most work ends up direct to video.

Not too mention Taurus holds the rights to the film, and they may not be on good speaking terms.
    Actually, Land was recieved very well by the top critic of all: Sir Ebert Roper. Also, the Onion's AV club (they're REALLY tough on movies) said the REALLY (stress on really) liked it. Some people overlook the social commentary and go straight for it being another zombie gorefest (which it's not). The best critics will see the commentary though. Besides, Roper has always been a Romero fan and given most of his movies good reviews.

Super Moderator

UK
    The biggest reason for people not liking it was expectation, simple as. I've heard it time and again "I've been waiting 20 years for a new dead movie and THIS is what I get" (or similar sentiments). See, now I went in not expecting a single thing, I was just really excited in general - and I absolutely loved the flick.

Same thing with Day - people were expecting Dawn of the Dead 2 and didn't get it, so it bombed, then it was rediscovered and it's a classic now. Land's fate will improve, without doubt, in the coming 10 years.

Otherwise it was people not agreeing with where Romero went, but it's his series, he can go where he damn well pleases, and his progression was quite logical.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ.doucheBAG
    Actually, Land was recieved very well by the top critic of all: Sir Ebert Roper.
    Umm, are you meaning Roger Ebert? I think Ebert and Roper are two different people.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi