Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Interesting rumor about Day of the Dead

Dying

Undisclosed

Interesting rumor about Day of the Dead

I heard from a friend of mine (who heard from a friend, etc at nauseum) that Ving Rhames' character is going to be some version of Bub, that he would be the same character from Dawn of the Dead but zombified.

You can take the rumor with your big ole grain 'o salt...kind of a cool notion, eh? It be

Fiji
    actually yeah that would rock.

Ving Rhames was one of the only things i liked about the Dawn remake. so arbtrarily bringing his character back as a zombie for sake of linking the films. would fully establish this sequel as the tempid puddle of congealed recal fluids, i suspect it'll turn out to be.

United States
    This remake needs more inconsequential and heaily gratuitous girl-on-girl and female nudity. I just realized after watching the Dawn remake again last night that the undead epidemic in the remake actually ended and subsided. Or at least slowed down to the point that survivors were able to move around and explore.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd
    I heard from a friend of mine (who heard from a friend, etc at nauseum) that Ving Rhames' character is going to be some version of Bub, that he would be the same character from Dawn of the Dead but zombified.

You can take the rumor with your big ole grain 'o salt...kind of a cool notion, eh? It be
    I saw a website or two somewhere report that. I think it would suck. For one, if its the same character from DAWN, thatd make it a direct sequel or spinoff. So we'd have Bub the trackstar!!!

...that would totally suck. I hate the kiddie losers and the sellout executives who will do anything for a friggen penny.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell
    ...that would totally suck. I hate the kiddie losers and the sellout executives who will do anything for a friggen penny.
    AMEN, brother.......I will definitely boycott this one. I gave Yawn'04 a chance and was VERY much let down. Never again.

United States
    I was supporting this movie. I was giving it chances. But the writer of Final Destination? Next up, Ving Rhames? I like the actor, but we all know the motive for this hiring...they're attempting to link this remake to that crap MTV kiddie flick with a cannibalistic track team and an unreleastic cast including a nurse whose aim with a shotgun is right on target.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell
    I was supporting this movie. I was giving it chances. But the writer of Final Destination? Next up, Ving Rhames? I like the actor, but we all know the motive for this hiring...they're attempting to link this remake to that crap MTV kiddie flick with a cannibalistic track team and an unreleastic cast including a nurse whose aim with a shotgun is right on target.
    Ya, next thing you know, they'll be casting Lyndsey Lohan (sp?) as (a) Sarah (type character) and Paris Hilton will be flying the Helecopter. We may even see Orlando Bloom as (a) Rhodes......

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Ya, next thing you know, they'll be casting Lyndsey Lohan (sp?) as (a) Sarah (type character) and Paris Hilton will be flying the Helecopter.

Carrot Top could probably play a better Sarah.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Carrot Top could probably play a better Sarah.
    **shudders**
    Oh man......whoa......BAD VISUALS THERE, MAN!!!!

Canada
    Carrot Top and Lindsy Lohan...show me a picture of the two of em side by side, and I can't tell the difference...I'm just sayin'.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo
    Carrot Top and Lindsy Lohan...show me a picture of the two of em side by side, and I can't tell the difference...I'm just sayin'.
    Well, these days you can.....Carrot Top is all pumped up full of steroids and Lyndsey Lohan hasn't eaten since 1947.

Canada
    Carrot top and Steroids? yea...thats like lesbian cat fetish and Montel williams in the same sentance....

where the hell did I come up with that...

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm still awaiting more details. Till then, I'm hunkered down in my own little bunker, hoping for the best

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Dying

Undisclosed

Wow, I post a rumor

and now we've got Lindsey Lohan and Carrottop. That's not too much over-reaction.

Having said that...for those who aren't happy with who is writing the new Day...chill. Remember way back when (2 years ago) when the current kvetch was that the dude who wrote scooby doo was doing Dawn? I liked the new Dawn. A lot. And I really really liked Slither (nasty lil thing that movie).

So calm down and throw the Ving some meat, would you?

BTW...my vote is for Leon Rippy as Doc Logan, the ole Richard Liberty role.

Super Moderator

United States
    Geo, while your call for calm may go unheeded (especially referencing the writing for Dawn 04 as a means to 'chill' people hereabouts), I share your hopeful optimism.

****e, I liked Dawn 04 (despite vacuous plot holes) and Final Destination.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany