Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: One thing that just occured to me...

United States
    But a good movie shouldn't need defending. Theorizing and explaining the plot holes should not be neccissary. All movies have some plot holes. But the mark of a GOOD movie is everyone looking past them, or not even noticing them. This movie is polarizing as hell. Both sides are vocal as hell too. That's the one good thing about the movie is the great arguments it starts. But before you get all excited about that as a bonus, the arguments are all about stupid insipid parts of the movie that MOST people noticed. Not about statements and ideas.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    That still makes no sense.

Dj is constantly defending Yawn04, so does that make it a sh*t film (well, to me it's shiite, but to him it's awesome).

It's an arbitrary argument because it's all opinion. I, along with other lovers-of-Land, am putting out the common sense story theories...just like everybody else does with the other 3 films, it's no different.

United States
    Not as much argument on the other 3 films. Better constructed movies. It is rare in the other 3 movies to make up scenarios that are nowhere in the movie to explain away some defect in the movie. But you're right. It's all opinion. I guess I can't do anything about other people's bad taste.
    Last edited by clanglee; 20-Nov-2007 at 01:05 AM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Not as much argument on the other 3 films. Better constructed movies. It is rare in the other 3 movies to make up scenarios that are nowhere in the movie to explain away some defect in the movie. But you're right. It's all opinion. I guess I can't do anything about other people's bad taste.
    Well said.

Common sense theories - wow. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. More power to you.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Don't think so, the point in GAR's humans is they're selfish and all about money/consumer items. They'd sell each other out for a buck, 99% would, but it's the 1% who survive.

Kaufman would have powerful friends in powerful places and plenty of cash to back up his requests. Even when money meant nothing in Dawn, people were still obsessed by it and snatched it up even though it had no worth anymore. But in Land, they've set up their own little economy, so once again it actually means something - therefore, people can be bought and paid to do a certain job.
    The money is useless. Nobody will listen to someone with money. People may be obsessed with consumer items, but in a crisis like this, they can simply take what they want, for free. What in the world would they bother with money for?!

The looters in the L.A. riots certainly didn't hang around in a checkout line, or worry about "purchasing power". Everything is simply there for the taking; they aren't going to give a crap about some fool that happens to be "rich". They can get all he has, by force.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    The money is useless. Nobody will listen to someone with money. People may be obsessed with consumer items, but in a crisis like this, they can simply take what they want, for free. What in the world would they bother with money for?!

The looters in the L.A. riots certainly didn't hang around in a checkout line, or worry about "purchasing power". Everything is simply there for the taking; they aren't going to give a crap about some fool that happens to be "rich". They can get all he has, by force.
    Or put it another way...Zombies are eating their way through your neighbourhood...who do you follow/listen to?

The rich guy who has friends in wall street, doesn't have the first clue about survival, tactics or fighting...or the British Para/US Marine who has fought in and lived through a dozen conflicts...

I know who's opinion/advice I am going to listen to...I know who I am going to team up with as well.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States

Train to funkytown leaves in 5 minutes . . .

The shot of the train that had crashed through the bridge wall was very effective. I wonder how the people fared on that train every time I see it.
    The world itself was a character .
    Land is (I think) real quality .
    "Goodbye , I am gone."