Thread: Insurgency (PC game)

Administrator

England

Insurgency (PC game)

Bought this a couple of weeks ago on offer for just a few pounds & having a blast with it!

Run a server on a PC of mine, and 5-6 of us play togethor!

Great fun, especially given the cost!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SnTzvCH6lc
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Hey WTF
    i came here to ask about a server hosting advice and i stuck with the video from Carl Sagan!
    Anyway, im looking to rent a server , i dont want to host it to my pc as you did. You have any suggestions?

...i go back to the video

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Hey WTF
    i came here to ask about a server hosting advice and i stuck with the video from Carl Sagan!
    Anyway, im looking to rent a server , i dont want to host it to my pc as you did. You have any suggestions?

...i go back to the video
    LOL!

This is a site dedicated to George A Romero's Living Dead flicks... We chat about other stuff too, hence there being game related posts too.

So can't help with your server request. But if you need any help with rogue zombies, you've come to the right place!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    to tell you honestly i was very confused when i visited the homepage of the forum.Anyway i know nothing about George A Romero, but i might stick around

Administrator

England
    to tell you honestly i was very confused when i visited the homepage of the forum.Anyway i know nothing about George A Romero, but i might stick around
    You know nothing about George Romero?

You've never seen Night of the Living Dead? Dawn of the Dead? Day of the Dead?

BTW - I was just playing Insurgency an hour ago
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Dawn of the Dead tells me something, back in 03-04 i saw a movie. But im sure thats a different version or remake
    But seriously, you dedicated a website for Mr. Romero hmm im sure he had something to offer.

* Yeah i found me too the correct place about hosting advice and im almost ready to get my server

Administrator

England
    Dawn of the Dead tells me something, back in 03-04 i saw a movie. But im sure thats a different version or remake
    But seriously, you dedicated a website for Mr. Romero hmm im sure he had something to offer.
    Probably the remake if it was back then. Especially if it was at the cinema.

A bit of a "Hollywood" version of the 1978 original. ie: People die and instantly get "contact lenses" and develop dinosaur lungs so they can roar

The 1978 version was fairly low budget, fairly querky, but darker and obviously original!

* Yeah i found me too the correct place about hosting advice and im almost ready to get my server
    Good. I just run a server on a spare PC I have for a group of us to (regularly) play on. Have to say I've not found a single 3rd party map to compare to any of the official ones!
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Well guess what
    i started watching DotD the remake 2004 version. Yes this was the same i watch back then I also have the old version, ill give a try for this one next week

Administrator

England
    Well guess what
    i started watching DotD the remake 2004 version. Yes this was the same i watch back then I also have the old version, ill give a try for this one next week
    Cool! Remember the old one is just that! Old! It was the first true big scale zombie flick really, but it's low budget, so don't expect Hollywood production style/levels. Do expect something a little more atmospheric/considered though
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    1978 is not old!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    1978 is not old!
    Relative of course
    -Carl Sagan