Thread: Trilogy line you use in real life

Undisclosed

Trilogy line you use in real life

Haha! So, Lee's book and the awesome bump of the "favorite lines" thread got me thinking. i'm going to pop Day in the player in a sec, but before i do: What lines from the trilogy do you actually use in real life?

i have 3 big ones:

When i have to talk to an employee about not performing: "screw your head on straight! It's not just my job you're messing with!"

When playing team game online: "We got this. We got this by the ass!"

All the time: "Dummies! Dummies! Dummies!" (lol not really)

I, however, have been looking for a place for the last 20 years to fit this gem in : "I'm running this monkey farm now Frankenstein and I want to know... what the fuck are you doing with my time?" That will be epic.

United States
    We just use themes at work to try and keep moral high....Next week is "Look at this week"

United States
    off the top of my head, i occasionally drop the classic lines "jesus, mary, and joseph!" for when things go wrong at work, then "perfect, baby. perfect." when things fall into place.

and yeah, even though i don't have too much time for online gaming these days, "we got this by the ass" is a great go-to, and don't forget the ultimate victory cry of "WE WHIPPED 'EM AND WE GOT IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!" (probably one of the best lines of the trilogy, in my opinion).

sadly, nobody ever gets these references....

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yes to all of the above posted quotes for me (except the 'monkey farm' one), and in addition, 'Jee-sus Christ', from that guy looking down from where they dropped 'em in (Dawn) just before he scoots off. I just love the delivery of that one. Also, 'when the dead walk senores, we must stop the killing, or lose the war'. And just today I quoted Day with 'take that old whirlybird there, find us an island someplace, get greased up, and spend what time we got left soakin' up some sunshine. How's that?'
    I remember one time this random guy on omegle or something got the reference when I asked him 'what the hell time is it, anyway?'. Years ago... *sigh*

UK
    I like to use "biggest piece of meat in the cave!" - I challenge anyone to casually drop that into any day-to-day conversation - bonus points if the person you're talking to either, A) pays your wages, or B) gave birth to you!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    I like to use "biggest piece of meat in the cave!" - I challenge anyone to casually drop that into any day-to-day conversation - bonus points if the person you're talking to either, A) pays your wages, or B) gave birth to you!
    LOL!!

C) When you're in public showers!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    My native tongue being Dutch I don't often get the chance to quote the trilogy though I sometimes paraphrase/translate Helen's 'That's important isn't it, to be right, everybody else to be wrong?'.
    Especially useful as a teacher when having a discussion with an angsty teenager.

UK
    Got to be a mix of either:

A) Fighting the good fight against rust and dry rot.

or

B) (Cue Jamaican accent) - You ain't never gonna figure it out (John explaining the pointlessness of what they are doing in the silo during the outbreak to Sarah) always loved that scene, so enigmatic as he shout out 'This place is just one big tombstone' and a Z wails in the echoes from the cave .....

Damn, i'm gonna have to watch Day again now

Great Britain
    Dummies! Dummies! Dummies! When watching England play.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    dummies! Dummies! Dummies! When watching england play.
    lol!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Dummies! Dummies! Dummies! When watching England play.
    There's quite a lot that that could be applied to the England football team just thinking about it...

"Run! Ya f**kin' lunatics!"

"...you're likely to have a lousy afternoon."

"You just f**ked up real baaaad!"

"And so this incredible story becomes more ghastly with each report. It's difficult to imagine such a thing actually happening, but these are the reports we have been receiving and passing on to you, reports which have been verified as completely as is possible in this confused situation."

"Is this your progress? Is this the sh*t that's supposed to knock our socks off?"

I'm sure there's plenty others too...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Yes to all of the above posted quotes for me (except the 'monkey farm' one), and in addition, 'Jee-sus Christ', from that guy looking down from where they dropped 'em in (Dawn) just before he scoots off. I just love the delivery of that one. Also, 'when the dead walk senores, we must stop the killing, or lose the war'. And just today I quoted Day with 'take that old whirlybird there, find us an island someplace, get greased up, and spend what time we got left soakin' up some sunshine. How's that?'
    I remember one time this random guy on omegle or something got the reference when I asked him 'what the hell time is it, anyway?'. Years ago... *sigh*
    I'm just looking for an opportunity to use John's answer to Sarah; "Shit! I could do that even if all this *wasn't* goin on. "
    Last edited by wayzim; 06-Sep-2014 at 12:12 AM. Reason: B'cuz

Undisclosed
    When I'm playing online shooters, especially if I have a shotgun, I'm quite prone to "haha, come on you dumb bastards, come and get em'!"

" Your ignorance is only exceeded by your charm."

When asked about someone I don't like. "I don't want them to do anything but drop over!"

The best one ever was when I was stuck in my house for a week with all my wife's extended family for a hurricane was plowing through the beer just keep from going crazy. When my wife complained about all the beer being burned through and told me to not have anymore so everyone else could have the rest my reply was simple. "If I stay in here long enough, I'll have to lay of the f-ing booze because there won't f-ing be any of it f-ing left!" (Good thing she's a Romero fan too so she knew I was joking)
    Last edited by rightwing401; 07-Sep-2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: misspelling

Rising

United States
    I have actually used the "mouthful of Greek salad" one on several occasions, but most people simply do not get it, even many among those who know very well where the line is coming from are puzzled by it, which often requires clarification of its meaning lest they think you are the one "speaking in Greek".