Thread: Night 68 iPhone Theme

United States

Night 68 iPhone Theme

Hey there everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday season. WD starts back up soon! Anyways, I wanted to share this, an iPhone theme for the original NOTLD. Originally done by a fella named Micah Carey (not sure if he's a member here but he is on the book of face), I took over updating it basically since he created it on iOS 3 or maybe even before. I always used it on my phone and have since updated it to a modern theme now running on my new iPhone 6.

For those unfamiliar if you jailbreak your device you can add things to it not approved by apple and modify parts of the interface itself. The process is called themeing. You can of course do other things like add unapproved apps not available in the app store and even go the way of the pirate if you choose. The theme was originally packaged with icons, wallpapers, a new battery screen, lock screen, themed phone and calculator. Now with the new iOS changes, some features were lost and others were added. Here's a few screenshots of what I'm running currently. Remember, this is all free and no one is making any $ off this.

This is the locksreen I currently have. I have an animated Trash background on the springboard and the lockscreen because I always liked the dark colors and Linnea of course. There are many other "tweaks" installed to attain the complete look.

The original theme had a trowel for the "slide to unlock" button. That and the original battery screen are still sometimes accessible with a tweak called "classiclockscreen".

The sliver on the top left corner (it's a sliver because my signal is weak at my house) by the "ecto" text is a hockey mask signal bar theme that when full looks like this: (Pictured on an older version of the theme and before I converted my own NOTLD font)

This is what the springboard looks like currently. As I mentioned I did my own NOTLD font to match the theme. I have also posted some NOTLD ringtones I did here in the past if anyone remembers. They compliment the theme well and I even did a NOTLD sms received sound or text tone.

Text tone:

I'm working on a custom phone dialer again and currently the iOS won't let you theme the calculator so that's gone too but the messages app and keyboard are themed nicely.

As mentioned there are various tweaks installed to complete the entire look. None of this is public currently besides the original theme by Micah that is useless on the current devices. I went through an HD copy of the movie and recaptured each frame in high def for new icons among other images. There are themed loading screens when many of the apps load and navigating the UI is like overloading your brain with NOTLD images and text but it's comforting to people like me. This is one of the many reasons I prefer iPhones over any other smartphone. I'm sure individual PNG modding is possible on other devices but iPhones are more customizable than people think. Of course you can make a theme for anything you like but I prefer the black and white look of the original night on a handheld device. I think that's all I have for now but feel free to comment and if this interests you I can perhaps send files to folks. I hope you guys enjoy!
    Last edited by Trancelikestate; 14-Jan-2015 at 02:27 AM. Reason: ...