Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zombie Reality BBC TV Show

England

Zombie Reality BBC TV Show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27713859

I guess it had to happen... I must watch 'Dead Set' again!

Administrator

England
    BBC Three Entertainment Commissioner Ruby Kuraishe said: "This is a tongue-in-cheek game show that will really test one's mettle. I think people will die to be a part of it."
    Groan!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    That just sounds stupid to me. Unless we get to see real people getting ate & shooting zombies lol
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    I guess it had to happen... I must watch 'Dead Set' again!
    I don't need this as an excuse, but I need to watch it again sometime soon too. It's fairly epic.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I don't need this as an excuse, but I need to watch it again sometime soon too. It's fairly epic.
    I never did quite get around to watching that!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I never did quite get around to watching that!
    You should give it a go sometime. There are several little homages to Romero's trilogy, some of the commentary is laid on maybe a tad thick, & some of the characters are damned unlikable, but it's a very legit effort, with a gripping finale that I still think about from time to time. It's the real deal.

Also probably the best use of runners I've seen, & one of the few I like.

England
    Looks like they're looking for applicants - closing date is 29th August...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/b...bie_apocalypse

England
    The first episode is on tomorrow night (14th Feb 2015)... BBC @ 10pm "I Survived The Zombie Apocalypse"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02hfpfg

It'll probably be $hite.

PS Look out for the GAR 'cell' in the comic:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...q4TKh/page-one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuFznhQyVJA

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    So... let me just get this right. In the Flesh (one of the best dramas the BBC has ever produced) was cancelled and replaced with this?

England
    I got the date wrong - it's Sunday night (15th)... Looking at the blurb on the BBC site (and the in-jokes in the comic) it could be ok.

I hated "In The Flesh" at first, but the 2nd series had a lot more to chew on.

Administrator

England
    Anyone catch this? Got it recorded...
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Just watched the recording ..... oh,dear .... IMHO this is bad.

(Where has the steaming pile of poo emoticon gone??)

When you watch it, expect all of the bad elements that made BB die out, unceremoniously
    mashed together with all of the bad zombie cliches from poor 'd grade' Z flicks from the ages.
    I was waiting for Danny Trejo to burst into the room at any moment and save the day ...maybe later.

If this is what the BBC are spending the license fee on now, I demand a refund!!!!

This makes Z Nation look like Richard Attenboroughs' Ghandi epic.

This marks a step backwards in Z viewing material by c.20 years.
    There are no suitable similies to express how much I disliked this.
    I feel like taking my brain out and washing it at 90 degrees in biological detergent
    (Full deep stains soak with extended rinse and spin)

That just about summarises it!!!

Rich

(Of course other peoples mileage may vary)

Administrator

England
    ^^ Oh dear!

This help then? -->
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Oh dear!

This help then? -->
    Remember here recently when I mentioned more emoticons are always welcome...

Administrator

England
    Watched the first 10-15 mins and turned it off. Couldn't work out what the hell it was trying to be? Felt like it was trying to pretend to be real, very very badly?
    -Carl Sagan