Thread: Barry Bonds and steroids: Finally busted?

United States

Barry Bonds and steroids: Finally busted?

A new book out details Bonds and his steroid usage with extreme detail from the start to present day. Check this out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2358236

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rpt/index.html

For those of you who don't know, Barry Bonds plays for the San Francisco Giants and is currently on hot pursuit for the home run record set by Hammerin' Hank Aaron. He's been under constant fire of steroid suspicions from the BALCO (Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative) investigation and it supplying major league baseball players such as Jason and Jeremy Giambi, and Rafael Palmeiro with steroids. Bonds has publically denied taking steroids on many occasions, but a year ago, the San Francisco Chronicle leaked testimonies regarding the BALCO investigation, where Barry Bonds testified to unknowingly taking steroids under oath and before a grand jury. Whether he's taken steroids is a huge controversy, as he holds several records including most MVP awards. Now he's chasing the all-time homerun record.

Fiji
    I understand why it's...important.

But honestly i don't give a ****. baseball is a dead sport, it's supprisingly less exciting that even NASCAR, and who the **** cares?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    But honestly i don't give a ****
    So why waste a post over it?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    it's supprisingly less exciting that even NASCAR
    I don't see how you can say this. What's so exciting about cars going around in a circle 20+ times? I never understood how people can watch entire races. Just watch the first and final lap... those are the only two that have any sort of thrill to them, in my opinion.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff
    I don't see how you can say this. What's so exciting about cars going around in a circle 20+ times? I never understood how people can watch entire races. Just watch the first and final lap... those are the only two that have any sort of thrill to them, in my opinion.

exactly, my point, NASCAR is ****ing boring. as is baseball.

Undisclosed
    hes nto the only one guilty of it though from all those hearings from last year sounds like many ball players have been abusing performance enhancing drugs for years now. whats even weirder is how come baseball was the only sport it seemed like steroid use was allowed to some extent while all other sports outlawed it....well as much as they do. face it drugs are a huge part of sports and they always will be its all about being faster , stronger and better than the next guy and if you can do it naturally then you have to do it how you can to make the money. its like the new drug testing measures theyre supposed to be using in the WWE do you think they will really abide by it?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzomatrix
    hes nto the only one guilty of it though from all those hearings from last year sounds like many ball players have been abusing performance enhancing drugs for years now. whats even weirder is how come baseball was the only sport it seemed like steroid use was allowed to some extent while all other sports outlawed it....well as much as they do. face it drugs are a huge part of sports and they always will be its all about being faster , stronger and better than the next guy and if you can do it naturally then you have to do it how you can to make the money. its like the new drug testing measures theyre supposed to be using in the WWE do you think they will really abide by it?
    Hell no, the WWE depends on steroids to survive