Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exists (film) - Blair Witch goes Bigfoot

Administrator

England

Exists (film) - Blair Witch goes Bigfoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNKqNBey9MQ

For five friends, it was a chance for a summer getaway— a weekend of camping in the Texas Big Thicket. But visions of a carefree vacation are shattered with an accident on a dark and desolate country road. In the wake of the accident, a bloodcurdling force of nature is unleashed—something not exactly human, but not completely animal— an urban legend come to terrifying life…and seeking murderous revenge.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/exists-trai...t-blair-witch/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll check it out, although I'm fed up with found footage movies generally. The odd one is still good, but as a concept and style it's so overplayed now.

Good to see him getting out there more. I'd imagine having a giant hit like Blair Witch on your hands would be a bit of a career curse as much as a fantastic thing to happen. His segment in VHS 2, and Lovely Molly were both rather good, so hopefully this new flick will turn out well.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'll check it out, although I'm fed up with found footage movies generally. The odd one is still good, but as a concept and style it's so overplayed now.

Good to see him getting out there more. I'd imagine having a giant hit like Blair Witch on your hands would be a bit of a career curse as much as a fantastic thing to happen. His segment in VHS 2, and Lovely Molly were both rather good, so hopefully this new flick will turn out well.
    Lovely Molly. F'ing awesome. Loved it. Sanchez would probably the only reason I would be interested in this concept.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Lovely Molly. F'ing awesome. Loved it. Sanchez would probably the only reason I would be interested in this concept.
    Yep, and that final shot creeped the hell out of me!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yep, and that final shot creeped the hell out of me!
    Whole movie was compelling, but the last little bit, leading up to the end, was quite a jaw dropper.

Ireland
    Really lads. It got shite reviews.

One to watch, ya think?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Really lads. It got shite reviews.

One to watch, ya think?
    Lovely Molly? Yeah, I dug it.

It's a low-fi, low-key chiller, but I found it quite effective and involving. Give it a shot.

Ireland
    Ok, if you say so.

But if it's rubbish, I'm on my way over to Blighty with Lou's rolled up newspaper!

Super Moderator

UK
    Ok, if you say so.

But if it's rubbish, I'm on my way over to Blighty with Lou's rolled up newspaper!

Challenge accepted.

United States
    Ok, if you say so.

I dug it, but I dig off key, quirky stuff some times. "Yellowbrickroad" was another, for example, that was a weird, quirky indie that I really dug, that is pretty reviled (but does have a following.

I take no responsibility for your dissatisfaction however. No man can bear that much burden.

Undisclosed
    I was such a huge Blair Witch fan from the first time I found the original website before the first film came out. It hooked me on seeing the movie, which I enjoyed alot.
    And the fact the second movie; Book of Shadows, didn't try to do the same thing all over again made me like that one as well. A regular film made from a real case( or so they say ) which followed a popular fake documentary movie, that the groupies thought was true and committed murder over. Too many so-called Blair Witch loyalists did not appreciate the head-games, so they denounced it.
    It was never meant to be a direct sequel, but rather, as a fellow cinema buff suggested to me; a ribbing of the fan base which had sprung up around this effectively choreographed campaign. What is fake can hurt you as much as what is real.
    They (Myrick & Sanchez) always meant to make at least one more Blair Witch film; dealing with the persecution of Elle Kedward herself in 1785, and I'd kind of like to see them finally do it.
    In the meantime, this looks like a fun romp. It's sort of a darker Legend of Boggy Creek. I'm up for it.
    Last edited by wayzim; 30-Aug-2014 at 12:41 AM. Reason: B'cuz

Ireland
    Ok lads, so I watched 'Lovely Molly' last night and your safe from Lou's weapon of choice Mini. So, you can relax.

It's not bad. Not great though, but there are a number of creepy moments in it that are done well, plus the penultimate scene was cool.

I watched 'Oculus' too and that just piped the post in terms of entertainment and quality. Also had a good ending.

Super Moderator

UK
    Glad you enjoyed Lovely Molly overall. My snout shall remain intact to challenge another movie recommendation day.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 31-Aug-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Undisclosed
    I just watched Exists tonight. I had low expectations, but it was not bad at all. It does not rely on gore, so do not expect it. You will see the sasquatch in full, but it was one of those movies where less is better. The movie reveals at the end why it is very aggressive to the characters in the movie and it is understandable. But, it is not a blood-thirsty beast such as the sasquatches in Night of the Demon or Snow Beast for example.

Super Moderator

Germany
    I saw Exists! in October. I took my daughter to see it since Ed Sanchez was doing a Q&A after the show, and it was an opportunity for her to meet him. I went to high school with Ed (and so did Chris Stavrakos for that matter), and he introduced us to his daughter of approximately the same age after the show. In any event, I loved the movie. I saw "The Legend of Boggy Creek" at the drive-in when I was a kid, and I was hooked on bigfoot flicks. Boggy Creek was shot in a quasi-documentary style which is kind of a cousin to the found footage genre.

Of the two found footage bigfoot films made in the last year, "Exists!" and "Willow Creek" (directed by Bobcat Goldthwait), I enjoyed "Exists!" more even though "Willow Creek" had a more "Blair Witch Project" feel to it.