Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone fancy watching some new Walking Dead episodes next month?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    How are you getting hold of that Lee?
    I have press credentials with AMC, which I've had since 2010 when the series first began. That's how I was able to secure interviews with Gale Anne Hurd, Jeffrey DeMunn, and Scott Wilson. I've also participated in press round tables at the NYC Comic Con in 2010 and 2012.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I suspect from a certain friend of his, who has a small involvement in the series?
    Not true at all, Neil. I get 0 assistance from Greg when it comes to the show. He's usually too busy to worry about anything otherwise.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Not true at all, Neil. I get 0 assistance from Greg when it comes to the show. He's usually too busy to worry about anything otherwise.
    OK... Zero points for me then!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Aye. Personally I thought season 4 was the most consistent run of good/great episodes since season 1. Only "Still" (4x12, IIRC) was a bit of a dud. It felt much more balanced overall, too, so we got big action spectacles like 4x01's Big Spot raid or 4x08's fall of the prison, but we also got deep character studies like 4x14's The Grove (one of the best episodes of TWD in general IMO). I feel that Gimple 'gets' the source material more than Mazzara did, the latter of whom, I feel, let the balance tip too much towards the show, rather than Gimple's method of striking a balance between both the show as it's own thing and as an adaptation of the comics, which is the ideal in my view.

The fractured group dynamics of the back half of season four was interesting and gave us a lot of time with a variety of characters and nobody felt left out, unlike in previous seasons where certain characters got a bit sidelined. The balance was much better this time around giving everyone some good moments to call their own. Season four also felt much more thought out than season three, which had many great episodes, but undeniably weakened somewhat in the back half (where we could get all time greats like 3x12 and 3x15, but also all time duds like 3x14) - in season four there were arcs for each half, but also season-wide arcs that all paid off, and the moments of foreshadowing really worked for me.

To each their own though, I'm not looking to gang up on opinions to the contrary.

Right on, bro!

"The Grove" was really good. Such a heartbreak of an episode. Loved Joe's group, loved The Governor stories, Loved Hershel, loved Carol, loved so many things with the only exception being "Still", even tho, it had a great opening.

The back half worked for me but I just hope they leave that at season 4. I don't want an entire episode dedicated to Beth come season 5.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    If the trailer for season five is a suggestion of the approach, then I think it'll be everyone together pretty much - although clearly Beth is still separated from the group.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    although clearly Beth is still separated from the group.
    And that's what I'm afraid of....
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    And that's what I'm afraid of....
    Certainly cant say I am a Beth fan. She is rather dull and has little entertainment value for me. But by the clips shown I wont mind a small break from our groups story to see another societies survival techniques for this world. Now if it becomes a handful of episodes of Beth singing I'll be right there with you Moon.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Certainly cant say I am a Beth fan. She is rather dull and has little entertainment value for me. But by the clips shown I wont mind a small break from our groups story to see another societies survival techniques for this world. Now if it becomes a handful of episodes of Beth singing I'll be right there with you Moon.
    Yep, always loved it when they did this in the original BBC "Survivors" series.

One week to go people! Stock up on 357 ammo and crossbow bolts...'cause it's gonna get ugly!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon