Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone fancy watching some new Walking Dead episodes next month?

Administrator

England

Anyone fancy watching some new Walking Dead episodes next month?

Not long now
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Not long now
    Time flies, alright!

Woo - looking forward to season 5!

United States
    Heck yeah.

Netherlands
    When is the season premiere?

United States
    The only show on television I care about, so yeah just a tad excited. Additionally I really enjoy the discussion that takes place here.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    When is the season premiere?
    October 12th on AMC in the USA.

Then it's whenever after that that everyone's local broadcasters in their respective countries will air it (e.g. in the UK it'll probably be October 13th).

Netherlands
    Thanks, MZ.

That means there will be a torrent on the 13th.

Scotland
    Undoubtedly premature, but I think this season will be the best so far...can't wait. Nicotero is directing 4 episodes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/08...n_5711269.html
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Administrator

England
    ^^ TBH I've not been overly impressed with his episodes. I'm not saying their bad (far from it)... but they haven't stood out to me.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^ TBH I've not been overly impressed with his episodes. I'm not saying their bad (far from it)... but they haven't stood out to me.
    Hmmm...

The Walking Dead (2011 -) (6 Episodes)

2.11 Judge, Jury, Executioner
    3.5 Say The Word
    3.11 I Ain't a Judas
    3.15 This Sorrowful Life
    4.1 30 Days Without an Accident
    4.9 After
    2x11 was really good for character stuff and the morality of possibly executing Randal for fear of hurting the group by letting him go and perhaps bring his nasty buddies back with him (and it was the episode where Dale died).

3x11 was a bit iffy, and 3x05 wasn't remarkable, and I think on those two it really came down to the scripts ... but 3x15 was one of the best episodes of TWD ever made (the one where Merle dies).

I'd say both episodes he did in season 4 were excellent - the season opener, and then the one where it was stripped right back to just Rick and Carl after the fall of the prison, taking inspiration from Volume 9 of the comics (a favourite of mine).

TV is very much a writer's medium, so it's down to the quality of the material you're working with more than anything else I'd say.

Administrator

England
    Fair enough, 3.15, 4.1 and 4.9 were good episodes... Will be interesting to see how he does with these S5 episodes!
    -Carl Sagan

Scotland
    I find it surprising that you don't highly rate any of "Nicotero's episodes".

Personally I loved "Judge, Jury and Executioner", but then again I love "12 Angry Men". I found the living room scene rather compelling, particularly played against Dale's death.

As for "This Sorrowful Life", I feel that it and "Clear" are the best episodes of season 3. The walker convergence on Merle and Michonne was expertly handled by Nicotero IMO, not to mention Daryl's discovery of his brother's fate (although probably due to Reedus' acting skills, but still great).

Both the episodes from season 4 may be not as high caliber as the previous two, but IMO they still stand up against other episodes from season 4, except "Inmates", my personal favourite. Though as MZ said, I suppose the written material has a significant bearing on the quality of the end result.

The U.K. debut of TWD always seems to land on my birthday, so double celebration for me!
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 03-Sep-2014 at 06:22 PM. Reason: edit
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

England
    Anyone fancy watching some new Walking Dead episodes next month?
    Nah, I can't be arsed...

#horribleliar

Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Really excited. I'm currently on "This Sorrowful Life" on my yearly TWD marathon before the new season starts. One of my favorite Walking Dead episodes for sure! Gimple's episodes are always my favorite.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Really excited. I'm currently on "This Sorrowful Life" on my yearly TWD marathon before the new season starts. One of my favorite Walking Dead episodes for sure! Gimple's episodes are always my favorite.
    -Carl Sagan