Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pff. Hodgkin's. Crap.

England
    Sounds absolutely horrible. All I can say is that I wish you all the best - Those of us who are in good health (possibly even yourself up until a few weeks ago) simply do not realise how lucky we are...it puts everything into perspective.

Hang in there mate!

Edit: Drinking a glass of Grolsch at this moment...raising it to you and toasting your health.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 06-Sep-2014 at 07:22 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Thanks Legion, you're a pal! Side note: I quit drinking alcohol recently, before the cancer diagnosis, but you go ahead. I'm still equally honored by the gesture as I would have been back before I became a sober prude. Thank you again. It really does mean a lot. Oh, I guess I should make a small update too. I'm doing okay after yesterday, but still sore in a couple places and I can't fully raise my right arm at the moment. Other than that just general fatigue, and slight nausea. So yeah, could be worse. Still sucks, of course, but hey, there you are.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hey, so happy update on my condition!
    I went to my oncologist this afternoon and he told me a few really awesome things. First, my bone marrow in perfectly normal! Yay, no more biopsies there, hopefully. Second, my white blood cell count is normal, which was a bit of a worry at this stage of the treatments, but yay, the little guys are troopers! Thirdly, it's confirmed as Type 2 A Hodgkin's, which is great, since it goes up to four, and all that. Speaking of four, I've got about 11 more chemo's until we might end this thing, on a regular two-week basis (once every two weeks, so.... five or six months?).
    My throat's feeling loads better, and I can sort of talk and eat/drink anything with ease. So yes, everything's looking up here now. Dunno how soon I'll be back on my board, but other than that I feel about 80%. Gotta stop losing weight though... I'm too skinny as it is.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Good stuff! Glad to hear things up the upturn!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Great news there dude, all marching forth in the right direction.

All the best for the rest of your treatment as well.

UK
    That's fantastic news buddy, particularly on the white BC count!

You never know how much you need those little b*****s until you
    call on them.

Got to keep your weight up - it's creamcakes and bacon butties
    all the way (mmmmmm bacon).

PS and stop chasing the cute nurses around, it's bad for your
    blood pressure - tell them to climb on instead!!! LOL

All the best - R

Undisclosed
    Great news. Definitely puts a smile on my face reading all's going in the direction it should bloody well go!
    Keep at it Blind2d.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Great news, blind! Keep on fighting cause it sounds like you are winnng. The white blood cell count news is awesome. Eaf lots of your favorite kind of ice cream and top it with bacon, that should put some weight on ya. Best of luck, ill be thinking good thoights for you.
    Last edited by Mike70; 16-Sep-2014 at 11:17 PM. Reason: x
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Glad to hear things are looking up. I had/have positive hopes for ya.

Undisclosed

Ireland
    Good news there B2D. Hang in there.

Chemo's a bitch though, I'd say. Hope it isn't too bad for you. Keep the chin up.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    it especially sucks when someone as young as you are gets whacked with the cancer stick. you're hardly old enough to develop the bad habits that lead to cancer.

I bet when you are my age (and you WILL make it) you will look back on life with an appreciation that most folks just don't have.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    it especially sucks when someone as young as you are gets whacked with the cancer stick. you're hardly old enough to develop the bad habits that lead to cancer.

I bet when you are my age (and you WILL make it) you will look back on life with an appreciation that most folks just don't have.
    Yep, but at least I've tried 'em a bit.

I'm sure I will, Mike. And thanks for all the well-wishing and concern, not just you of course but every single one of you who has posted on this thread. You're sort of my internet family, and I can't express how grateful I am to have your friendship. Chemo #2 tomorrow...

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Good news, everyone!
    I got the results of the PET scan today (the one I took yesterday), and it seems we've got this cancer thing on the run! My oncologist even used the 'R' word (remission)! So yay! Gotta keep doing the chemo for now, and the white blood cell boosters, but progress is being made, and now I have some peace of mind. Thought y'all would like to know.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Good news, everyone!
    I got the results of the PET scan today (the one I took yesterday), and it seems we've got this cancer thing on the run! My oncologist even used the 'R' word (remission)! So yay! Gotta keep doing the chemo for now, and the white blood cell boosters, but progress is being made, and now I have some peace of mind. Thought y'all would like to know.
    Glad to hear it! Keep on keepin' on on the road to recovery!