Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pff. Hodgkin's. Crap.

Undisclosed
    I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee reading this with a huge grin on my face. Great news! Keep it up Blind.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Good news, everyone!
    I got the results of the PET scan today (the one I took yesterday), and it seems we've got this cancer thing on the run! My oncologist even used the 'R' word (remission)! So yay! Gotta keep doing the chemo for now, and the white blood cell boosters, but progress is being made, and now I have some peace of mind. Thought y'all would like to know.
    That's great! That's really made my morning!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

Undisclosed
    That's awesome! Thanks for the update.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Super Moderator

UK
    Kick arse news, Sir, kick arse news!

Undisclosed
    Good news, everyone!
    I got the results of the PET scan today (the one I took yesterday), and it seems we've got this cancer thing on the run! My oncologist even used the 'R' word (remission)! So yay! Gotta keep doing the chemo for now, and the white blood cell boosters, but progress is being made, and now I have some peace of mind. Thought y'all would like to know.
    Awesome news! Definitely keep on with the therapy though. I expect a full on recovery from you in the next few months so don't disappoint.

Ireland
    Great stuff Blind. Good to hear the positive news.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Thanks, everyone! *salutes to zim* Yes sir. I'll do my best/ganbarimasu. Happy Halloween all.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    UPDATE!!

Had my last round of chemo today, and now they want me to do the radiation thing. Two or three straight weeks (10-15 days) of treatment in January, most likely, and then maybe we can say goodbye to this cancer nonsense. I feel like crap. Good night.

Super Moderator

UK
    UPDATE!!

Had my last round of chemo today, and now they want me to do the radiation thing. Two or three straight weeks (10-15 days) of treatment in January, most likely, and then maybe we can say goodbye to this cancer nonsense. I feel like crap. Good night.
    Well here's hoping that this will all soon be behind you and you'll be able to get back to normal.

Ireland
    +1

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    UPDATE!!

Fingers crossed for you buddy!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Thanks, everyone. Well, I'm off for my Christmas vacation now. Take care, all.

Super Moderator

UK
    Merry Christmas dude, have a nice time ... and indeed, Merry Christmas/whatever to one and all at HPOTD.

United States
    UPDATE!!

Missed your last update. Glad everything is proceeding well & enjoy your holiday.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hey everyone. So! Radiation was successful and now I'm basically 100% cancer free! Yay! Sorry I didn't update earlier. I'm a lazy sod. Anywho, just wanted to tell y'all. Also, this new round of Walking Dead episodes is pretty freakin' sweet, right? I love 'em. Thanks for the support, guys. It means a lot.