Thread: Book signings for The Making of George A. Romero's Day of the Dead

United States

Book signings for The Making of George A. Romero's Day of the Dead

Hi, everyone. I wanted to let you guys know about 2 separate book signings for my book on the making of "Day of the Dead".

The first one is Saturday, November 22 from 2pm-4pm at the Barnes & Noble at the Monroeville Mall. The guests scheduled are Lori Cardille, Tim DiLeo, John Amplas, Mike Gornick, and Debra Gordon. http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/4756656

The second one is Saturday, November 29 at 2pm at Dark Delicacies in Burbank, California. The scheduled guests will be Greg Nicotero, John Harrison, Joe Pilato, Terry Alexander, John Vulich, Everett Burrell, and Bruce Miller. http://www.darkdel.com/

Thanks, I hope some of you can make it out to these!
    Last edited by thxleo; 04-Oct-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: update

Administrator

England
    Wow! Be great to get some of those folks to sign the book!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Lee, I can assure you that I would not miss it for the world if only I lived closer than 500 miles away from the nearest location.

I will see how finances and my schedule are looking at that time, and if there is any way that I could make it to the Monroeville signing, I will do my best to get there.

With the Thanksgiving holiday falling that week, the upcoming Christmas and New Year's holidays right around the corner, my slowing work season with bad weather, and wanting to get an engagement ring for my girlfriend by the end of the year, it's going to be very hard to justify something like that. However if I were to win the lottery or stumble across a shitload of money, you know I would be there.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 01-Oct-2014 at 04:19 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    Lee, I can assure you that I would not miss it for the world if only I lived closer than 500 miles away from the nearest location.

I will see how finances and my schedule are looking at that time, and if there is any way that I could make it to the Monroeville signing, I will do my best to get there.

With the Thanksgiving holiday falling that week, the upcoming Christmas and New Year's holidays right around the corner, my slowing work season with bad weather, and wanting to get an engagement ring for my girlfriend by the end of the year, it's going to be very hard to justify something like that. However if I were to win the lottery or stumble across a shitload of money, you know I would be there.
    I definitely understand, Professor. Don't sweat it. But I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can make it though!

United States
    I just received your book yesterday. I am very impressed and love the content. Thanks for giving us fans this gem.

As I sat there reading I reflected on my very first viewing of Day. My parents rented the VHS. I was 10-11 at the time and was given the "hell no" to watching. Their decent was more the language than the gore but regardless I lobbied long enough and came up with the proposal that I would watch the movie in 'fast forward' there by eliminating the dialog. So in a way I can probably say I was the only moron in history to first watch Day of the Dead in fast forward. And I saw enough that I was hooked.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    I just received your book yesterday. I am very impressed and love the content. Thanks for giving us fans this gem.

As I sat there reading I reflected on my very first viewing of Day. My parents rented the VHS. I was 10-11 at the time and was given the "hell no" to watching. Their decent was more the language than the gore but regardless I lobbied long enough and came up with the proposal that I would watch the movie in 'fast forward' there by eliminating the dialog. So in a way I can probably say I was the only moron in history to first watch Day of the Dead in fast forward. And I saw enough that I was hooked.
    Thank you for the kind words!

United States
    get-attachment (14).jpg

Just wanted to remind anyone that was interested in going that there is a book signing this Saturday, November 22 at 2pm for my book about the making of "Day of the Dead" at the Barnes & Noble at the Monroeville Mall. Lori Cardille(Sarah), John Amplas(Fisher), Phil Kellams(Miller), Tim DiLeo(Miguel), Debra Gordon(featured zombie), Barbara Russell(featured zombie), and Mike Gornick(director of photography) are all scheduled to appear!

Administrator

England
    ^^ Droooool! Wow, wow and wow! Very nice!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Droooool! Wow, wow and wow! Very nice!
    Thanks, Neil. Wish you could be over here for it!

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to give an update regarding the signing. Both Lori Cardille and Tim DiLeo have had things come up that will prevent them from participating in the book signing this Saturday. However, Eileen Sieff Stroup has agreed to come out Saturday for the book signing in Monroeville. Eileen was the asst. costume designer on the film and was on set every day.
    Last edited by thxleo; 19-Nov-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: update

Administrator

England
    ^^ Shame! Sure it will still be super cool!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    ^^ Shame! Sure it will still be super cool!
    I'm hoping so!
    Another last minute update for anyone planning on attending the signing event. As an added way of saying thank you to anyone attending I'm bringing some original DAY promotional items to hand out to everyone in attendance. So if you like wearing buttons or listening to old 45's you should be pleased!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    I'm hoping so!
    Another last minute update for anyone planning on attending the signing event. As an added way of saying thank you to anyone attending I'm bringing some original DAY promotional items to hand out to everyone in attendance. So if you like wearing buttons or listening to old 45's you should be pleased!
    Grrr! Your choice of location is so inconsiderate!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Grrr! Your choice of location is so inconsiderate!
    Neil, if I was rich I'd fly you and several of your countrymen that I call friends over here for it!

Also, another update for everyone: Mark "Beef Treats" Tierno has agreed to come out and participate in the book signing as well!
    Last edited by thxleo; 20-Nov-2014 at 07:07 PM. Reason: updated

United States
    The book signing at the Monroeville Mall Barnes & Noble...

IMG_4313.jpg

I have plenty more pics, but the uploader won't let me.
    Last edited by thxleo; 23-Nov-2014 at 02:20 AM. Reason: edit

Administrator

England
    Cool stuff!!!
    -Carl Sagan