Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters reboot (film) - Female cast

United States
    Yeah, but it's funny to watch the supporters on the ol FB though. They want a new movie so badly they'll accept anything. They don't even consider how cliche and generic this is. Slapped together for the masses ONLY without a fan boy thought in mind like so many reboots. This is a bad as it gets. Poor Ramis. Being capitalized on like a stalk of sugar cane. I'm ashamed. I wish everyone were smart enough to see it. We have devolved ladies and gentlemen. Bridesmaids with proton packs. I'm considering protesting outside the theater in my gear with a sign that says "God hates reboots" but that's too much effort. Like Robocop, total recall and all the others, it will fade away even from Netflix. Still though, I love watching people convert with each new image released. Those who began as supporters and positive are slowly turning. And if they don't they're clearly convincing themselves. It's like watching Randy convince himself he likes tweenwave.

Last edited by Trancelikestate; 23-Jul-2015 at 07:44 AM. Reason: ...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    While I still find the entire concept behind this remake to be ridiculous, I've kinda lightened up on it recently. Sure, all the pictures look stupid but it never had a chance of standing up and going toe-to-toe with the original anyway. After this thing comes and goes, the original will still reign supreme. I found Bridesmaids to be funny and I've heard Spy is actually pretty good, so this new version of Ghostbusters may have a few good laughs. Other than that, the original will still have all the quotable lines, classic imagery, and remain the piece of pop culture that it's been for 30+ years...

Administrator

England
    Bill Murray is in it? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/72644
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So its been confirmed that all three of the surviving original actors have cameos, Annie Potts(Janine) has a cameo, and they even filmed at the original HQ, the Hook and Ladder 8 fire station in New York.....so after all these years of trying for a third film and then turning to a remake, only to have all the originals appear....why the f*ck could this have not been an official third film and a "passing of the torch" story?!?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    So its been confirmed that all three of the surviving original actors have cameos, Annie Potts(Janine) has a cameo, and they even filmed at the original HQ, the Hook and Ladder 8 fire station in New York.....so after all these years of trying for a third film and then turning to a remake, only to have all the originals appear....why the f*ck could this have not been an official third film and a "passing of the torch" story?!?
    I imagine they were simply offered a large bag of $$$$ to turn up for a couple of days just to try and give the film some more credibility with fans?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I imagine they were simply offered a large bag of $$$$ to turn up for a couple of days just to try and give the film some more credibility with fans?
    My thoughts exactly. It's just very frustrating to me as a fan that they've gone out of their way to include these people and imagery from the original iconic film as an attempt to lure in fans, but the same sort of cash payout and short days of filming could have also led to an official third film, thus leading to future installments that continue what was started in 1984. The retelling of the origin story was basically pointless.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah ... this is a bit hmmmm inducing, isn't it?

I dislike the 'just start over' idea. I really think it should have been a passing of the torch - that would have been more interesting, and I think, more respectful. These cameos, or whatever they are, smack more of a cobbled-together ploy to appease the dedicated GB fans.

Ireland
    Well, I won't be falling for it. This will have to be nothing short of unexpectedly brilliant for me to even attempt to download it.

Right now, it looks appalling.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Yes, they've really outdone themselves. Capitalizing on Harolds death. They make me nauseous.

Super Moderator

UK
    I saw something online earlier that Sigourney Weaver will be making an appearance as well!

To be honest, with so many cast members turning up - and not playing their former characters - it feels more and more cynical with every announcement, to be brutally honest.

There was a thing a while back where the cast went to visit a kid's hospital all dressed up in their gear, and obviously photos were taken. Now, a good cause and all that - very good - however ... being that the movie hasn't even finished shooting, and so therefore there's no actual movie that people have seen, they aren't ghostbusters yet. In some ways it felt like a marketing/PR move dreamed up by some behind-the-scenes berk. It felt kinda strange ... a little bit 'unearned' ... if they'd visited after the movie had opened in cinemas it might actually make a bit more sense, but while it's still in production?

Anyway, circling back to yet another prior cast member turning up for a cameo/whatever - this is getting a bit silly now - and unless there's some sort of "we said it was cameos, but actually it's all been a massive ruse to keep the true script a secret, and they're all playing their original characters" pronouncement in the future, then this just feels weird.

If you're going to be your own thing - be your own thing - if you're going to have practically every original cast member in your movies, then be connected to the original movies. This half-assed middle-ground smacks more of appeasement and PR. It could all turn out wonderfully in the end, which would be great, but this is all just giving me iffy vibes...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I highly doubt it at this point, but given that Ivan Reitman has the rights to "Ghost Corps" (part of this new movie deal, giving him the rights to make future films and merchandising) and all the original cast has appeared, maybe there's a small chance that they changed the script a bit to be a continuation of the original series but they're still calling them cameos to throw off the press.

Like I said, highly doubt it, but Reitman and Pearce have said that they DO have solid ideas how to connect everything. They also made those statements close to the beginning of Feig's film, so they could've made last minute changes. Unlikely, but a guy can hope!

Super Moderator

UK
    I highly doubt it at this point, but given that Ivan Reitman has the rights to "Ghost Corps" (part of this new movie deal, giving him the rights to make future films and merchandising) and all the original cast has appeared, maybe there's a small chance that they changed the script a bit to be a continuation of the original series but they're still calling them cameos to throw off the press.

Like I said, highly doubt it, but Reitman and Pearce have said that they DO have solid ideas how to connect everything. They also made those statements close to the beginning of Feig's film, so they could've made last minute changes. Unlikely, but a guy can hope!
    Interesting theory! It certainly holds water ... whether it'll come to pass or not remains to be seen ... but stranger things have happened. It always struck me as a really dumb idea to ignore GB 1 & 2, particularly as a previous idea for a third movie had been the 'passing the torch' vibe. I wonder if we'll end up getting an announcement that Ackroyd has done a cameo next. I mean with this many "cameos" it'd be daft not to at this point (if he's willing to join in, that is).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Aykroyd has already done his filming for the reboot. He was the first one confirmed, actually. All of the living original cast has filmed at the point. Excluding Moranis, who is retired, of course.

Super Moderator

UK
    Aykroyd has already done his filming for the reboot. He was the first one confirmed, actually. All of the living original cast has filmed at the point. Excluding Moranis, who is retired, of course.
    Oh! I must have missed/forgotten that!

Well, there we are. Surely there's been a script change with all these people filming "cameos" ... if they haven't grabbed the opportunity to seize the "torch pass" route, even at this late stage, then they've royally buggered up.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Oh! I must have missed/forgotten that!

Well, there we are. Surely there's been a script change with all these people filming "cameos" ... if they haven't grabbed the opportunity to seize the "torch pass" route, even at this late stage, then they've royally buggered up.
    There are strong rumors as to what each cameo is. I'll put them in spoilers just in case....

Aykroyd is a cab driver, Murray is some sort of city official(possibly rallying against the new ghostbusters), and Hudson is a real estate agent and possibly Leslie Jones' father.

These could possibly be a sort of "where are they now?" for the original characters? They've moved on after the events of GB2? Murray's definitely seems to fit with the character of Venkman, anyway.