Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters reboot (film) - Female cast

Ireland
    You're just a big fat sexist Mini.

THERE.....I SAID IT!!!!!!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    You're just a big fat sexist Mini.

THERE.....I SAID IT!!!!!!

United States
    I admit that I'm one of the fans that's pretty upset about it. I've had late night drunken rants and deleted people (who I didn't really know anyway they just added me because I'm a fan). It's things like threatening Bill Murray legally if he did not cooperate and completely cutting Reitman out. Shamelessly slapping the GB logo on something to sell it and watching others just lap it up. It's pathetic. I am happy when I go into Walmart and see only the original guys figures for sale and no reboot figures. I admit seeing them on the shelf again makes me happy deep down. I was born in 83 so GB was wildly popular when I was little. Consequently my parents are somewhat familiar with it. I enjoy listening to my fathers opinions on the reboot. One day he got pretty worked up over a gag in the first trailer. The bit where she's walking by all the wigs until she comes across Holtzman pretending to be one. "They did that shit in Looney Tunes. They're stealing Looney Tunes jokes? That's fucking pathetic." Haha, oh my dad.

Basically I see any adult supporters as sheep or mentally incompetent. I know that's wrong and very Trump of me. Recently Apatow said he believe the people who hate this film are all Trump supporters. I can tell you 100% I despise Trump but ironically I see supportes of this movie as delusional as Trump supporters though they're two completely different types of people.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I actually thought the wig/hat joke from that first trailer was the best joke and closest to the original films style of comedy....

By the way, there have been multiple screenings of the movie so far and if anyone wants to know whether or not it's connected to the originals, you can have your answer:

The answer is maybe. There's no mention of the original team or events throughout the movie, but the new team moves into the original firehouse at the end and the final scene is of the new team finding an old tape reel(seen in the trailers) and hearing a voice say Zuul. Cue credits.

So there might be a connection, but no dialogue to make it certain and the cameos are definitely different characters that never mention anything about the original.

From what I've been reading, it's rumored that Ivan Reitman insisted that the new team move to the firehouse by the end of the movie and find this tape reel. Perhaps he has a plan to connect things through Ghost Corps?
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Jun-2016 at 12:58 AM. Reason: .

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    Recently Apatow said he believe the people who hate this film are all Trump supporters.
    This really has to be the dumbest fucking thing I've heard connected with this stupid film.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    This really has to be the dumbest fucking thing I've heard connected with this stupid film.
    Innit just!

I don't "hate" this film - I can't yet as I've not seen it (and who knows what my thoughts on it will be when I eventually do see it), so my opinion at this point in time is entirely based on the trailers and what I've read about it, and my opinion at this point in time is one of grave doubt about it. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - square peg, round hole.

BTW - I can't stand Trump - which is British for "fart", too.

The people slagging it off literally just because there's women in it (and nothing else) are undoubtedly out there, and their argument (or lack thereof) is as asinine as the likes of Apatow et al tarring anyone who has strong doubts about the flick (that are reasoned and wide-ranging) as "sexist/misogynist". Two idiotic extremes.

As for what bassman wrote in his spoiler tags ... well, there goes a chance that the movie had to include something good. With that ending it sounds kinda awkward.

THEORY:

Perhaps there'll be some sort of 'alternate universe' thing inserted into it? The tape reel having been sent from another dimension - by the O.G. 'busters - to warn another dimension of the coming of Zuul?

That might work as an idea.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 09-Jun-2016 at 05:36 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ^ I was thinking the same thing regarding your theory. Just looking at the trailers it's obvious that this film involves time travel and parallel dimensions. Or maybe it's just a really big wink at the fans and a cliffhanger for a potential sequel? It just seems so vague. They needed to make a definite decision whether it's connected or not, but they clearly chose to leave it as a wink at the audience so they could have the best of both worlds.

Of course, there's also the possibility that there are scenes left out of these screenings. Much like Marvel never attaches their credit stingers until the general audience release date...

- - - Updated - - -

Featurette on the Ecto-1 with some new scenes. You can also hear the cover of the GB theme about half way through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuY8eKf7lhU

Even though the original car is obviously superior and a classic, I gotta say this one has grown on me after seeing it in action. Fans will also notice the car in front of the NY Public Library, which is a nice little wink...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Jun-2016 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Embedded video.

United States
    This happens to be one of my favorite articles on the matter and is the most logical assessment in my opinion. Really doesn't look good for this movie financially.

Administrator

England
    Well Dan Aykroyd likes it - http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1517...trong-Opinions

As originator of the original: Saw test screening of new movie. Apart from brilliant, genuine performances from the cast both female and male, it has more laughs and more scares than the first 2 films plus Bill Murray is in it! As one of millions of man-fans and Ray Stantz, I'm paying to see that and bringing all my friends!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And James Cameron bigged up Terminator Genysis before it was released, too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Dude, I bet he's paid to say that...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And James Cameron bigged up Terminator Genysis before it was released, too.
    Still not seen it... Or the Bale one either!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Not only are they paid to say it, they will be pursued legally if they don't say it.

How many other reboots have piggybacked off the original as bad as this one? You never saw Arnold at any Total Recall screenings or Peter Weller or the director of the original Robocop endorsing the reboot. This is blatant unoriginal hot garbage riding off the name only.

And if I needed another reason to hate it, now progressive is doing adds with Flo as a ghostbuster.
    Last edited by Trancelikestate; 21-Jun-2016 at 04:22 PM. Reason: ...

United States
    A couple recent noteworthy developments, Reitman says he thinks the reason it's so hated is because of nostalgia, not sexism. He also said in a video blog that he would not remake any 80's movie. Perhaps Sony did something to irritate him.

Also in one of the latest tv spots Slimer has a girlfriend, Slimette. Not really worth discussing just more garbage on the pile.

Back when this thread began I stated in post #7 that boys would not buy toys from this movie. Turns out, I was right. They are on clearance before the movie is even out and my Walmart never even got them. I'm loving watching this train wreck.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    Back when this thread began I stated in post #7 that boys would not buy toys from this movie. Turns out, I was right. They are on clearance before the movie is even out and my Walmart never even got them. I'm loving watching this train wreck.
    Hey! Nice call!

You get 2.6 HPotD points for that!
    -Carl Sagan