Thread: UK viewers beware...

Administrator

England

UK viewers beware...

Seems we have the 9pm and 10pm back to back showing again!

Last time this happened it seems to have transpired the 9pm one was being cut (with no warning), and the 10pm wasn't...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Thanks for the heads up, Neil.

Will [REC] them both for a side by side compo - (Not that I need an excuse
    to watch it twice but hey ho! )

Cue Dale style raised eybrow

When there's no more room for Vampy EMO series, the dead will invade your TV!!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, Neil.

Will [REC] them both for a side by side compo - (Not that I need an excuse
    to watch it twice but hey ho! )

Cue Dale style raised eybrow

When there's no more room for Vampy EMO series, the dead will invade your TV!!

I'd be fascianted for confirmation they are being cut (with no warning).
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Hmmmmmm. After seeing the premiere this will be interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Yep.
    It's cut. Subtle though
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Hmmmmmm. After seeing the premiere this will be interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Yep.

It's cut. Subtle though
    Whats cut Kidgloves I am watching the 10pm version now after watching the 9pm. Be nice to see what is different.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    Whats cut Kidgloves I am watching the 10pm version now after watching the 9pm. Be nice to see what is different.
    It's quick but

there was a shot missing of blood splattering the camera from the 1st guy who got his throat cut. It was a front facing shot as well

MY HOME CINEMA

UK
    Cheers, so not as obvious as the ones from the last episode of Series four. Defiantly going to have to record the later one and ditch the 9pm one for the rest of the series.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    Cheers, so not as obvious as the ones from the last episode of Series four. Defiantly going to have to record the later one and ditch the 9pm one for the rest of the series.
    Agreed! I made the mistake of going through most of a series recording/watching the 9pm version, unaware if was cut
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Confirmed!

I've recorded and watched them both.
    Initially, I didn't spot any differences, but have compared that mentioned above
    and can confirm that the 9pm showing is edited as described by KG.

The edit(s) are subtle though, such as to be hardly noticeable , but still, edited
    is edited whichever way you cut it (gratuitous pun .... groan)

So, the 10pm showing is the one to go for UK folks.

Personally, I don't understand why they do it, why not just leave it and show it
    only at 10pm whole? ... Seems crazy to me, but hey-ho stupid is as stupid does.

If anyone else spots something and wants confirmation, post it here and I'll check.
    (I'll keep recording both showings for the time being)

England
    This week was only a 1 hour slot on FX so it's safe so assume that the 10pm showing will only happen if they have to cut it. Respect to FX for being aware of the potential issue it would be for us horror fans.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    This week was only a 1 hour slot on FX so it's safe so assume that the 10pm showing will only happen if they have to cut it. Respect to FX for being aware of the potential issue it would be for us horror fans.
    I thought it was on at 9pm and 11pm? Or did I not see right?
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I thought it was on at 9pm and 11pm? Or did I not see right?

Hmmm. You are indeed correct sir. Hmmmmmm

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Moved to midnight tonight!
    -Carl Sagan