Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TWD 5x03 "Four Walls And A Roof" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Ok, I liked the way they took Bob out, he had been the sole survivor of several previous groups and thought he was "cursed" sort of then he finds sasha, gets a bit of happiness and goes out in his sleep. The cannibals eating his leg aside I thought it was not a bad way to go in the post rise world, get a bit of your faith in humanity restored before you die.

I thought how they dealt with Gareth and friends was good, showed Rick may have found his balls again, but still it was not nearly harsh enough. And I for one am really sick and tired of how many characters they still have clinging to these weird ethical stands that even in a pre walker world would be naive at best. Glenn, shocked and appalled at how they killed Gareths group? HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NEXT AT THE TROUGH! I swear if one more character does this "I know those cannibalistic, rapist murderers were going to torture, kill, rape and eat us, in no particular order, but you didn't have to be so MEAN about it!" I'm going to shit a kitten. And Tyreese, time to man the fuck up, seriously, you have a potentially fatal case of being a little bitch for no good reason. As I said before who the hell can't kill a man who tells you to your face he's going to kill you and the baby you're protecting? " Oh I beat him up real good though" get fucked. Just stop carrying that hammer and just put a box of tampons and midol in your belt because clearly the idea of surviving just makes your vagina hurt too much.

The abraham/rain man with a mullet storyline is getting tired fast, it seems to consist of abraham saying "We're going to washington! fuck any potential making a plan of how to actually get there successfully! Washington! Woo!" And rain man mumbling some poor attempt at technical bluffing that could be seen through by judith, who still has her mind blown by object permanence in peek a boo. Honestly, the entirety of his explanation so far beyond "it's classified" has made boomhauer from king of the hill look like charlie chaplin making his final speech in the great dictator.(look it up, seriously awesome speech btw) Nobody with half a scintilla of critical thinking would follow that guy to the gas station for a pack of smokes let alone to washington DC for a "zombie cure" You just wouldn't survive that long post zombie apocalypse being that friggin dumb. Unless rosita goes back to hot pants and there's an extended rosita/beth/maggie shower scene coming up soon, I'm going to get pretty choked.
    Last edited by zombieparanoia; 30-Oct-2014 at 08:18 AM. Reason: spelling and ANGRY!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

"Sheet! You two be crackin' me up, mon."

BTW, that GIF of Rhodes looks like either A) He's playing the worlds angriest game of "Pull My Finger" or B) A guy yelling at kids to get off his lawn.
    We're here all week!

Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    Ok, I liked the way they took Bob out, he had been the sole survivor of several previous groups and thought he was "cursed" sort of then he finds sasha, gets a bit of happiness and goes out in his sleep. The cannibals eating his leg aside I thought it was not a bad way to go in the post rise world, get a bit of your faith in humanity restored before you die.
    I dug it, too. Cannibalism aside, he went out peacefully next to someone who meant so much to him. It was good to see that even in the face of such adversity Bob still had hope and positivity.

On the issue of Team Rick killing the Termites - well, you could have just killed them quickly with a machete to the brain and had it done in a jiffy. It was the extent of the brutality that was shocking ... Sasha recognised that in herself after she's finished stabbing her kill. Part of it would be frustration and anger, and a little bit of revenge, but you have to ask where's the line in the sand ... at what point do you stop being yourself and start being someone more like The Governor?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    I thought how they dealt with Gareth and friends was good, showed Rick may have found his balls again, but still it was not nearly harsh enough.
    I guess they were supposed to do what with Gareth and co.? Torture them for the sake of satisfaction or some twisted sense of justice? Yeah, that usually works out real well for the people who commit and witness such acts after the fact, sort of like an anti-team building exercise.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    You have to admit, what they did to Bob was harsher than what they got for it.

Maybe an appropriately harsh punishment would be for Gareth and Co. to be locked in a room and forced to listen to Dale explain morality to them for 2 seasons. That about killed me.
    Last edited by Trin; 30-Oct-2014 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Tainted Meat!!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

United States
    I guess they could have vindictively killed them in some horribly drawn out and torturous way that would give many of the frustrated TV viewers an outlet for the petty injustices they feel are heaped upon them by a cruel world in their day to day lives. Sure.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I'm all for justice & vengeance, but come now, how much harsher should they have dealt with them than BEATING AND HACKING THEM TO DEATH?!?

Gareth & company fucked with wrong people, & got what they deserved. Rick & crew took them out expeditiously, end of story. No need to make it uglier than it had to be, or turn it into something that it wasn't.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm all for justice & vengeance, but come now, how much harsher should they have dealt with them than BEATING AND HACKING THEM TO DEATH?!?

Gareth & company fucked with wrong people, & got what they deserved. Rick & crew took them out expeditiously, end of story. No need to make it uglier than it had to be, or turn it into something that it wasn't.
    Indeed, and remind me Moon, when the zombie apocalypse happens, to team up with you.

I'm sure The Governor started out with good intentions before he started chopping off people's heads and dunking them in his aquarium, or binding people to chairs and then stabbing someone else so they slowly bleed out/turn/kill the bound one.

Sadism and sickening brutality isn't the answer. On the one hand you've got survival of the mind, body, and soul ... and on the other you've got hatred, vengeance, and brutality. Rick, Sasha, and Abraham's snuffing out of Gareth's gang was somewhere in-between and it's vital that they don't tip towards the latter hand. If you're going to sacrifice the goodness in you then what the hell is the point? That's no life to lead.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 30-Oct-2014 at 05:17 PM.

United States
    You bring chicks, whiskey, & weed & you are in MZ.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Indeed, and remind me Moon, when the zombie apocalypse happens, to team up with you.
    Can I join you both, I know the cure............. its classified!

I agree with all that said the justice dished out by Team Rick was spot on.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yep, Bob's awesome, and I'm gonna miss him. Felt a little sorry for Gabe, but what'reyagonnado? He was scared and panicked... I would've done the same in his shoes, perhaps. Amazing that he's kept his faith, sort of.
    Yay, Michonne got her sword back!
    Yay, tainted meat! I guess we'll never know... Or find out next ep.
    Daryl's back?! What does this mean?!
    Gabe's a wuss though. Screw that guy.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    Depends: you must have an awesome hairdo or facial hair. Preferably both:

Last edited by MoonSylver; 31-Oct-2014 at 11:11 AM. Reason: .

UK
    I’m ok then as I am in the process of growing a beard. I will give the mullet a serious thought though after all mullets are “Business at the front party at the back”.

Back to the episode. I watched again last night and I don’t know if I misread it but was the idea to swerve the termites Tara’s? She said she would got to Washington but she had an idea which I read to mean she knew how to deal with the termites. If so it shows she was accepted into the group and not only did Rick do the awkward fist bump he trusted her judgement. Nice touch if I haven’t got my wires crossed.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I'm sure The Governor started out with good intentions before he started chopping off people's heads and dunking them in his aquarium, or binding people to chairs and then stabbing someone else so they slowly bleed out/turn/kill the bound one.

Sadism and sickening brutality isn't the answer. On the one hand you've got survival of the mind, body, and soul ... and on the other you've got hatred, vengeance, and brutality. Rick, Sasha, and Abraham's snuffing out of Gareth's gang was somewhere in-between and it's vital that they don't tip towards the latter hand. If you're going to sacrifice the goodness in you then what the hell is the point? That's no life to lead.

Super Moderator

UK

Done.

Done.

And done.

Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    Good enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    When the zombie apocalypse comes, I guess we'll all have to start calling you "The Guv'nah", eh?

Annnnnnnnd I'll let ya'll get the topic back on track.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 31-Oct-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Ireland
    Wait...WTF were we're talking about again?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....