Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donation = Special forum features?

United States

Donation = Special forum features?

I think we had a donation feature on the old forum? but anyways are these forums gonna get that feature to donate to get a rainbow colored name or something? bigger avatar size?

Administrator

England
    Well, back on the old forum was an option is subscribe. This allowed you also to access more fiction. That option is of course still there...

I'll look into maybe putting a simple little subscribe option here maybe... But to honest not sure what the incentive would be for people to take it...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah that was what I was thinking, there's isn't really much that could be offered in exchange for a donation on this forum, because Zombie Flesh Eater status affords you any such bells & whistles...hmmm.

I think the subscription status works best for fiction really...

Administrator

England
    personally i dont agree with charging people for forum features

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i dont like to pay for stuff thats specific to a certain genre, i guess for fiction its okay-ish but thats cus its not like the rip off cash shops in mmorpg's

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    Yeah that was what I was thinking, there's isn't really much that could be offered in exchange for a donation on this forum, because Zombie Flesh Eater status affords you any such bells & whistles...hmmm.

I think the subscription status works best for fiction really...
    Agreed
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Neil, any chance of accepting Discover card for subscriptions?
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057
    Neil, any chance of accepting Discover card for subscriptions?
    Are we talking about on the old forum (for Fiction)? If so, I'm afraid it can only accept the cards PayPal accepts... Does that answer your question?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    It does, thanks. Need me a new card then.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Scotland
    What about letting us write or own captions?

The moderators have the option (e.g MinionZombie = King of the Undead)
    so couldn't we change ours?

There could be the option in the settings to keep it as it is (Dependant on rating) but you could let us change it to our own preference.

P.S: This is free of course.

Super Moderator

UK
    But then you're just making the perks of being a Mod become mainstream, once the peasants get into the box of tricks.

Let them eat cake, eh?

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    But then you're just making the perks of being a Mod become mainstream, once the peasants get into the box of tricks.

Let them eat cake, eh?
    Isn't deleting threads and accounts enough for you 'Big Bother' types!

Super Moderator

UK
    No, didn't you know? Enough is never enough. Bells & whistles are fun, our duties carry with them liabilities and ethics and ra ra ra.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY
    What about letting us write or own captions?

The moderators have the option (e.g MinionZombie = King of the Undead)
    so couldn't we change ours?

There could be the option in the settings to keep it as it is (Dependant on rating) but you could let us change it to our own preference.

P.S: This is free of course.
    members who have gained ZFE (zombie flesh eater) status can change their own title.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Whats the post count for ZFE?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*