Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TWD 5x04 "Slabtown" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 5x04 "Slabtown" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Please keep all talk of episode 5x04 "Slabtown" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Episode 504: Slabtown - “In this episode we get to meet a whole group of other survivors, but what looks safe and nice on the outside has a bit of a dark side.”

Directed by: Michael E. Satrazemis, Written by: Matthew Negrete & Channing Powell.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 23-Nov-2014 at 10:44 AM.

United States
    Here's hoping it's not an entire episode dedicated to Beth. Oh, who am I kidding of course it is. Hopefully they end it here and not carry over to a second episode. Not excited for this one honestly. Let's see how it turns out!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Here's hoping it's not an entire episode dedicated to Beth. Oh, who am I kidding of course it is. Hopefully they end it here and not carry over to a second episode. Not excited for this one honestly. Let's see how it turns out!
    Agreed.

OT: Hey, I just realized, my Avatar & yours are having a Marvel Team-Up!

Last edited by MoonSylver; 02-Nov-2014 at 03:15 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh calm down. There'll be other people in the friggin' episode ... buncha cry babies.

Quite looking forward to this one ... who are these other people ... where are they ... why are they there and doing whatever it is they're doing?

Beth FTW!

United States
    Haha sorry, MZ, just not a fan of the Beth character. Last time an episode was dedicated to her it was "Still", and that one even had Daryl as the co-star. But, yeah, I don't want to be THAT guy, so here's for another Walking Dead Sunday night!!

MoonSylver, those two are my favorites for sure! That pick was my cell phone lock screen pic for a very long time.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Beth as a character doesnt do much for me but I'm with Minion on this. I wanna see other societies and how they've survived. Now If its all Beth for several episodes, then yes I will retract. Unless the story is just damn great lol.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Oh calm down. There'll be other people in the friggin' episode ... buncha cry babies.

Quite looking forward to this one ... who are these other people ... where are they ... why are they there and doing whatever it is they're doing?

Beth FTW!
    Geez, touchy much? I like Bethy ok...I could stare at her all day (), but just the look of the episode hasn't got me super stoked. I'm sure it'll be ok though.

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah, I expect a down cycle for this episode, but that's good; if I keep my expectations tempered I may end up loving it if it's decent.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely enjoyed a step away from the group and a look at a new twisted 'community' in this episode.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Wha...? What tha...?!?!

Decepnt episode after all. I was afraid it was all going to be a dream, or that it was going to be some lame ass "secret government group". Was it just me, or was there a sort of "Day" vibe to their little group on the edge.

Left with as many questions as before. Looks like Abraham's group next week, so at least two weeks before we find out WTF is going on...?

United States
    Here we go with the jumping back and forth again. Sigh.

Decent overall with the exception of the last 15 min. That elevator shaft scene was amazing. Really creepy and well shot. The comparison to Day actually makes sense now that I think about it. What was up with that Joan chick? Was honestly confused at times. That kid Noah is the actor who played a young Chris Rock in "Everyone hates Chris." Im guessing he runs into Daryl and Carol.

United States

Decent overall with the exception of the last 15 min. That elevator shaft scene was amazing. Really creepy and well shot. The comparison to Day actually makes sense now that I think about it. What was up with that Joan chick? Was honestly confused at times. That kid Noah is the actor who played a young Chris Rock in "Everyone hates Chris." Im guessing he runs into Daryl and Carol.
    That was Carol that got wheeled in at the end. Daryl would make sense though. Cue rescue mission?

Yeah, the jump-around occurred to me too. But...*meh*. Hopefully they wrap up the individual threads fairly quickly.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    That was Carol that got wheeled in at the end. Daryl would make sense though. Cue rescue mission?

Yeah, the jump-around occurred to me too. But...*meh*. Hopefully they wrap up the individual threads fairly quickly.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Carol and Daryl to the rescue!

United States
    I have to rewatch the episode but did anyone else feel the description of Beth's "rescue" was off? I can't explain it yet but I will rewatch tomorrow.

Additionally for a place that is concerned about resources, the implication was that Beth has been in a coma for a long ass time, so why the effort from these people? And the coma was caused by a strike(causing a cut) which still hasnt healed?

So are we set up to see the battle between certified badass Carol and superbitch cop? Carol has solid medical skills thanks to Hershel which makes her a liability to those goofballs.

Overall a decent episode. Previous 3 were much better. I can assume we now have a good idea who Daryl takes back to group.

United States
    totally agree. i really couldn't give any less of a shit about beth or who took her. now i wish that she was abducted and devoured by the terminus folks....this little side-tale about a hospital full of delusional power-tripping rapists was a total dud in my book. i was really hoping they'd wrap this detour from the main crew up in one episode, but it looks like we'll be seeing more of them in the coming weeks. i had a feeling that at some point this season would stumble a bit, it started off too good to sustain momentum and stay on course. i guess with 16-episode seasons you're gonna have some filler, but seriously, it seems like there has been about a dozen episodes wasted over the life of this show that have killed the pacing and could have been left out all together or edited into other episodes.

and did anyone else feel like they were trapped between two feuding divorced parents or something with all the "get online and visit keep amc or you'll never see the walking dead again!!!!!" and "don't believe amc, directv still loves you and you'll get to keep watching your beloved zombie show" commercials? what was even more annoying was the scrolling banners that amc kept popping up during the show reminding you of how much you love their show and can't live without it....ugh.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    totally agree. i really couldn't give any less of a shit about beth or who took her. now i wish that she was abducted and devoured by the terminus folks....this little side-tale about a hospital full of delusional power-tripping rapists was a total dud in my book. i was really hoping they'd wrap this detour from the main crew up in one episode, but it looks like we'll be seeing more of them in the coming weeks. i had a feeling that at some point this season would stumble a bit, it started off too good to sustain momentum and stay on course. i guess with 16-episode seasons you're gonna have some filler, but seriously, it seems like there has been about a dozen episodes wasted over the life of this show that have killed the pacing and could have been left out all together or edited into other episodes.

and did anyone else feel like they were trapped between two feuding divorced parents or something with all the "get online and visit keep amc or you'll never see the walking dead again!!!!!" and "don't believe amc, directv still loves you and you'll get to keep watching your beloved zombie show" commercials? what was even more annoying was the scrolling banners that amc kept popping up during the show reminding you of how much you love their show and can't live without it....ugh.
    I don't have DirectTV so I didn't see any of those ads, but I heard how annoying they were. Sucks.