Super Moderator

UK
    SEASON 2 TRAILER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nidhuv-TVs

Can't wait!

Administrator

England
    Fingers crossed

...Putting my spicy man meat into a mother daughter sandwich...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Bruce's appearance on Conan's Comic-Con coverage - he uses a certain deadite-slaying appendage to cut a sandwich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCxTVxUehLs

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Fingers crossed

...Putting my spicy man meat into a mother daughter sandwich...

I have to admit, I chuckled quite a bit at that line.

Super Moderator

UK

Administrator

England
    Lee f***ing Majors?

What?! Wooooooooooooow!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Lee f***ing Majors?

What?! Wooooooooooooow!
    And Ted Raimi's back in the series, too. Majors as Ash's Dad, Raimi as Ash's best friend from childhood. Should be fun!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And Ted Raimi's back in the series, too. Majors as Ash's Dad, Raimi as Ash's best friend from childhood. Should be fun!
    Lee f***ing Majors!!!!

Wow!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Lee f***ing Majors!!!!

Wow!

I know of Lee Majors, but I never watched The Six Million Dollar Man, or The Fall Guy, etc, so for me personally - and with his history of appearing in the Evil Dead movies, I'm personally most excited for Ted Raimi's return. But objectively speaking, I get the excitement and surprise over Lee Majors appearing in AvED. Going on interviews and the CC panel he looks like he fits right in with the cast. It'll be cool to see Ash's dad and where Ash got all of his personality from.

Super Moderator

UK
    Renewed for a third season!

Awesome!!!

http://dailydead.com/ash-vs-evil-dea...-third-season/

Here's what Bruce had to say about it:
    I'll take five [seasons]. No one's gonna burn out at five. I got this a lot, "Hey, so Burn Notice ran, like, five seasons right?" I'm like, “No, it ran seven.” They were like, "Oh, oh." And what it really meant was they stopped watching after five. And every shows has a burnout factor. The cast burns out, the show gets too expensive, writers run out of ideas, viewership declines. Every show has its arc.

We want to end strong, and I want to put together a multiple year plan so that the writers know where this is going, the actors know where it's going, and the studio knows where it's going. Everyone should know where everything is going all the time, in my opinion.
    I like the last part in particular - aiming to have a plan and know where you want it to go.

Administrator

England
    ^^ I'm guessing what they've done thusfar for Season 2 is enough to make the studio happy to greenlight 3 then!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^ I'm guessing what they've done thusfar for Season 2 is enough to make the studio happy to greenlight 3 then!
    Yeah, there must be projections and numbers and such going into it, as well as positive internal response to what's being made, I'm assuming.

It's only just got going again on the air, but episode one continued in the same fun vein, so I'm happy.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It’s with great sadness I share that Ash Vs Evil Dead has been cancelled....

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/star...il-dead-275-02

Well, it’s been a hell of a ride while it lasted! Here’s hoping for a stellar complete series Blu Ray in the near future....

Super Moderator

UK
    Fuck sake, Starz.

The makers were concerned about that, but from what I've heard they've said that if Season 3 was going to be the last then it ends in such a way that the audience won't be left hanging.

It's a damn shame, and while Season 3 hasn't quite been up to the standard of the first two seasons on it's own scale, I still look forward to every episode and enjoy the heck out of it.

Good for Starz to make it happen in the first place, but it does seem like Starz as a channel is struggling to merit a place in the market. If you don't have enough programming what's the point in splashing out yet another six bucks a month (on top of the myriad other monthly bills) just for the sake of one, maybe two shows, that you like on said channel? Feels like the show hasn't had a wide enough access to an audience, but then again how many channels would allow for such content? Double-edged sword.

Here in the UK it doesn't air anywhere, so you have to resort to nefarious means to see it, but at the very least we get it released on DVD and now Blu-Ray boxsets around about October, so I've gleefully added them to my collection.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Seems to me they ended each season in such a way that they could work as the series finale?

Even though I love the show and this is sad news, I'm kinda looking at it as a half glass full scenario. It's really a miracle that we got these three seasons at all.

If you would've told our younger selves that there would be a highly successful zombie TV series, as well as an Evil Dead TV series with Campbell in the lead, we would have never believed it. Reminds me of the old days when we were just clamoring for ANYTHING from this genre.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It’s with great sadness I share that Ash Vs Evil Dead has been cancelled....

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/star...il-dead-275-02

Well, it’s been a hell of a ride while it lasted! Here’s hoping for a stellar complete series Blu Ray in the near future....
    Shame
    -Carl Sagan