Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Evil Dead (TV series)

Administrator

England
    Bit more news - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70357

...Raimi will direct the first episode of “Ash vs Evil Dead”
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    First look at Bruce as Ash in the new show...

Administrator

England
    ^^ Interesting!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    OFFICIAL TRAILER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unnLg1TPCYM

That. Looks. Brilliant.

Blood-gushing galore with it's tongue firmly in-cheek - looks properly good fun - BRING IT ON!!!!!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Jul-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Agreed. That's the best damn trailer I've seen for anything in a long while.

Administrator

England
    OMG! I've not smiled so much at a trailer in ages!

And Lucy Lawless!!!!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    *UPDATE 2*

Got my nerd on, and did a trailer analysis for it replete with choice screenshots:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2015/...n-trailer.html

*UPDATE*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7h2GLVd0y0

Full and Official Comic-Con 2015 Panel video.

I've given it a couple of spins and I'm just like a big, grinning idiot - I love it so much.

Initially when I heard it was going to be a TV series rather than a 4th movie I was a tad disappointed, but then I grew to be okay with that idea - but now - oh boy, I'm thrilled by what I've seen!

Some groovy one liners dotted throughout - the tone is very much a continuation of Army of Darkness by the looks of it - but with lashings of gore (the broken bottle scene, the boom stick to the head moment!). I love that they seem to have found a good ground between pointing out that Bruce/Ash is a bit ... shall we say, mature, these days, and have fun with it ... but they don't go so far that they trample all over Bruce/Ash's ability to kick ass and take names (the mid-air chainsaw-meets-stump moment).

I've seen some crackin' trailers today coming out of Comic-Con, but Ash vs Evil Dead wins out over all of them - The Walking Dead included - and you all know how much I love TWD!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Jul-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Undisclosed
    Well Hells Bells, I'm stoked. Now I gotta subscribe to Starz. This looks epic.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    *UPDATE 2*

Got my nerd on, and did a trailer analysis for it replete with choice screenshots:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2015/...n-trailer.html

*UPDATE*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7h2GLVd0y0

Full and Official Comic-Con 2015 Panel video.

I've given it a couple of spins and I'm just like a big, grinning idiot - I love it so much.

Initially when I heard it was going to be a TV series rather than a 4th movie I was a tad disappointed, but then I grew to be okay with that idea - but now - oh boy, I'm thrilled by what I've seen!

Some groovy one liners dotted throughout - the tone is very much a continuation of Army of Darkness by the looks of it - but with lashings of gore (the broken bottle scene, the boom stick to the head moment!). I love that they seem to have found a good ground between pointing out that Bruce/Ash is a bit ... shall we say, mature, these days, and have fun with it ... but they don't go so far that they trample all over Bruce/Ash's ability to kick ass and take names (the mid-air chainsaw-meets-stump moment).

I've seen some crackin' trailers today coming out of Comic-Con, but Ash vs Evil Dead wins out over all of them - The Walking Dead included - and you all know how much I love TWD!
    Nice watch/vid/analysis!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    New trailer - a combination of what we saw in the Comic-Con trailer with some new footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxV4jKsxOs0

Can't. Friggin. Wait.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Aug-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    The arse-end of October can't get here soon enough! It's going to be cool to see Sam Raimi working on a (relatively) low budget again after all his recent mega-budget blockbusters, going for the yucks and the gloopy grue and, well, giving Bruce a hell of a hard time on camera.

And, as an aside, I love Lucy Lawless' New Zealand accent! Gonna be schweet to see Lawless and Campbell butt heads in the show.

Administrator

England
    So it kicks off this weekend

Is it up against The Walking Dead time wise?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So it kicks off this weekend

Is it up against The Walking Dead time wise?
    It is up at 9pm - but a day earlier than TWD (Ash vs Evil Dead is on tonight - Oct 31st - TWD is on Nov 1st).

Anyone know if the show has a UK broadcaster? I saw news recently that the show would be premiering around in the world tonight in something like 100 countries - but I've not seen any UK broadcaster mentioned. From what I've found there's not even a UK broadcaster lined up FFS!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It is up at 9pm - but a day earlier than TWD (Ash vs Evil Dead is on tonight - Oct 31st - TWD is on Nov 1st).

Anyone know if the show has a UK broadcaster? I saw news recently that the show would be premiering around in the world tonight in something like 100 countries - but I've not seen any UK broadcaster mentioned. From what I've found there's not even a UK broadcaster lined up FFS!
    Ah! Yeh! Got my dates mixed!
    -Carl Sagan