Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Evil Dead (TV series)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Seems to me they ended each season in such a way that they could work as the series finale?

Even though I love the show and this is sad news, I'm kinda looking at it as a half glass full scenario. It's really a miracle that we got these three seasons at all.

If you would've told our younger selves that there would be a highly successful zombie TV series, as well as an Evil Dead TV series with Campbell in the lead, we would have never believed it. Reminds me of the old days when we were just clamoring for ANYTHING from this genre.
    1) Although the second season had a bit of a cliffhanger element to it with Bad Ruby tucked in at the end, although yeah, it could have worked well enough. However, I think with Season 3 they were thinking it was more possible that they'd be cancelled as I think Starz were already getting a bit cold in the foot. If "Stan Against Evil" gets a fourth season (while AvED doesn't) I'll be pissed.

2) Aye, three seasons is a hell of a lot better than no fourth movie at all, so we've had some groovy telly to devour, that's for sure. It's a damn shame they couldn't work out a better model of doing their programming as it seems most people who subscribe to Starz just do so for limited periods of time, or pay for one sub (or just use a free sub) to binge a whole season/show.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Complete series next month. No word on any extra features, but I’m hoping for a complete series doc...

Super Moderator

UK
    Complete series next month. No word on any extra features, but I’m hoping for a complete series doc...

The seasons have been disappointing when it comes to extras - just some skimpy online featurettes for the most part, but at least they've had good commentaries - but I doubt season 3 will get anything special either and continue the trend. I look forward to listening to the commentaries, though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The seasons have been disappointing when it comes to extras - just some skimpy online featurettes for the most part, but at least they've had good commentaries - but I doubt season 3 will get anything special either and continue the trend. I look forward to listening to the commentaries, though.
    That’s disappointing to hear. I’ve held out on buying the previous seasons in anticipation for a future complete series release, hoping that it would be one of those sets that has the all-inclusive features like the retrospective documentary and lots of commentaries. Even though the series didn’t do as well as Starz had hoped as it aired, it seems like a show like this with the cult following and essentially guaranteed solid sales would get the proper box set. Fingers crossed for some good news on that front....
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Sep-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Info on the release:
    https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=23911

SPECIAL FEATURES:

SEASON ONE

"Inside the World of Ash" Featurette
    "How to Kill a Deadite" Featurette
    "Best of Ash" Featurette
    Audio Commentaries

SEASON TWO

"Season 2 First Look" Featurette
    "Inside the World of Ash vs Evil Dead" Featurette
    "Up Your Ash" Featurette
    "Women Who Kick Ash" Featurette
    "Puppets Are Cute" Featurette
    "Dawn of the Spawn" Featurette
    "Bringing Henrietta Back" Featurette
    "The Delta" Featurette
    "How to Kill a Deadite" Featurette
    "Fatality Mash-Up" Featurette
    Audio Commentaries

SEASON THREE

"Season Overview" Featurette
    "Inside the World of Ash vs Evil Dead" Featurette
    Audio Commentaries
    Those extras for the first two seasons are just what was on the stand alone releases. Season 2 looks like it's got a lot, but those are just pretty short featurettes that were shown after each episode when they originally aired.

I think it'll be a very long time, for some kind of anniversary release or something, before AvED gets any bumper extras, unfortunately. Still, better than a poke in the eye.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Damn. With the series available on streaming services, I may hold off for the inevitable special edition release in the future. Or at least until this current release drops to crazy low prices..

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    If "Stan Against Evil" gets a fourth season (while AvED doesn't) I'll be pissed.

You predicted it, dude. “Stan...” was also cancelled:
    https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...n-against-evil

I’ve never seen “Stan...”, is it worth a freebie viewing?

Super Moderator

UK
    You predicted it, dude. “Stan...” was also cancelled:
    https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...n-against-evil

I’ve never seen “Stan...”, is it worth a freebie viewing?
    I've not seen it either. Couldn't be arsed, to be honest.

It seemed as if that show was also on the precipice of cancellation, too, so it was no surprise. Not sure if it was ended well enough or not, but at least with AvED it had a solid ending that allowed the characters to live on in other media if the opportunity arose.