Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWD 5x06 "Consumed" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    A very nice touch was how Daryl grabbed himself that copy of the child abuse guide. Some deep stuff was displayed in this episode. Notice how smoke is affiliated with Carol and fire is affiliated with Daryl? That's no coincidence.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    I had a feeling coming back through the pad locked doors gun first was a bad idea haha.
    I forgot to comment on that one. but they telegraphed it a bit: as soon as they were going IN I thought (as I'm sure you guys did too) "they're gonna get ambushed when they come back through".

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I forgot to comment on that one. but they telegraphed it a bit: as soon as they were going IN I thought (as I'm sure you guys did too) "they're gonna get ambushed when they come back through".
    They were just lucky it wasn't walkers.

Walkers trapped in sleeping bags are almost pathetically hilarious.

How come walker claws have been shown to shred even tough materials with relative ease, but can't escape a thin nylon tent?

Overall, this felt like a giant flashback setup. we knew Darryl would wind up back at the church, and Carol in Slabtown. this is just moving the pieces on the board ready for the mid-season showdown.
    I'm hungry, but I'm not hungry hungry.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadHippo View Post
    Hey all, been lurking here for a while. finally decided to join up and contribute.
    Welcome aboard, UH.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Great episode. Was watching when playing DayZ and I got blasted...so F you Carol'n'Daryl!!!!!!
    Playing a videogame at the same time as watching a TV show?!

*head explodes*

Not paying enough attention to either trying to do both at the same time, it's your own damn fault you got blasted in DayZ.

Yep, same here, I thought something was going to happen and the way she was reversing in on the way back I was just waiting for the ambush, hehe. To be fair, they weren't aware of any living people in the vicinity - aside from some vague hunt for the white cross brigade somewhere within the city - but at the same time it's a silly mistake they made. It worked out, sort of, in the end though ... however, even practiced survivors will drop their vigilence at some moments. Sometimes you'll be fine, other times you'll suffer the consequences.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Playing a videogame at the same time as watching a TV show?!

*head explodes*

Not paying enough attention to either trying to do both at the same time, it's your own damn fault you got blasted in DayZ. .

Ya see, that way, I haven't a clue what's going on in anything.

oh...wait a sec.

I don't have enough hours in the evening to get all my entertainment done.

First

World

Problems
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    Anyone else waiting for Neil's super-obvious question(s) of the week?

Previous installments include "Who was that bird they rolled in on the gurney?" and "Why do high pressure fire-hoses shred decayed flesh?".

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

Previous installments include "Who was that bird they rolled in on the gurney?" and "Why do high pressure fire-hoses shred decayed flesh?".
    Neil is such a troll these days lol.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States

Speaking of which, who was that guy with the crossbow?

UK

I believe his name is Noah
    I'm hungry, but I'm not hungry hungry.

Super Moderator

UK

Oh, Neil, you funny bugger, never change.

I did actually think of Neil when I saw the scene which showed Carol stumbling through the woods, taking off her gore poncho, and then scrubbing her face clean quite quickly and efficiently. I recall that being a sticking point for him a few weeks ago for the premiere episode.

Ziiiiiiing. Feel the burn, Daryl.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Nov-2014 at 06:10 PM.

United States

I actually kind of thought the same thing.

United States

How come walker claws have been shown to shred even tough materials with relative ease, but can't escape a thin nylon tent?
    Maybe they should ditch the armless, jawless walkers on chains disguise, and start wearing tent suits...
    If only Dale had worn one!!!

England
    A pretty good episode overall.

Moon Knight's observation about the smoke & fire was pretty spot on, though I'm not sure what it all means.

Like Doc I'm also a bit worried that the Carol is due for the 'chop' soon. I can't see her staying with Team Rick now whatever happens... Maybe she will get 'snuffed out'.

+ 1 on UndeadHippo's nice call on crashing a stationary vehicle.

The ambulance inspired by the 1969 "Italian Job" caper was the weakest bit. The vehicle appeared to have no damage from it's impact from the railings; all the doors were closed (so no escapees); the insides were gutted (the most sparse ambulance I've ever seen)... the bridge railings too showed no sign of damage... but in the scheme of things - no big deal. (The van possibly shows signs of damage - front lights were out before it's hit the ground, but were intact when dangling over the bridge...)

I liked the zombies trapped in their sleeping bags & tents, unable to work out how to use a zip... reminded me of the zombies in the basement of Dawn, and I prefer the dumb organic zombie variety to the ones on speed.

Carol first trying to shoot Noah in the legs & then not wanting to leave him trapped under the bookcase seems to be a bit of a contradiction... fickle?

I'd guess most of the 'night' scenes are shot in daylight for economic reasons & then altered (ala "28 Weeks Later") - this episode was a vast improvement on the last couple of shows, but still one or two shots were just 'black'.

Lookling forward the next one.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    A pretty good episode overall.

Moon Knight's observation about the smoke & fire was pretty spot on, though I'm not sure what it all means.

Like Doc I'm also a bit worried that the Carol is due for the 'chop' soon. I can't see her staying with Team Rick now whatever happens... Maybe she will get 'snuffed out'.

+ 1 on UndeadHippo's nice call on crashing a stationary vehicle.

The ambulance inspired by the 1969 "Italian Job" caper was the weakest bit. The vehicle appeared to have no damage from it's impact from the railings; all the doors were closed (so no escapees); the insides were gutted (the most sparse ambulance I've ever seen)... the bridge railings too showed no sign of damage... but in the scheme of things - no big deal. (The van possibly shows signs of damage - front lights were out before it's hit the ground, but were intact when dangling over the bridge...)

I liked the zombies trapped in their sleeping bags & tents, unable to work out how to use a zip... reminded me of the zombies in the basement of Dawn, and I prefer the dumb organic zombie variety to the ones on speed.

Carol first trying to shoot Noah in the legs & then not wanting to leave him trapped under the bookcase seems to be a bit of a contradiction... fickle?

I'd guess most of the 'night' scenes are shot in daylight for economic reasons & then altered (ala "28 Weeks Later") - this episode was a vast improvement on the last couple of shows, but still one or two shots were just 'black'.

Lookling forward the next one.
    Buzz, I think Carol's decision regarding Noah under the bookcase had more to do with Daryl's soul. I think Carol feels that she may be too far gone but she doesn't want Daryl to follow her path. Daryl searched the hardest for Sophia. Daryl became a good person and she wants him to keep that. Also Carol was only shooting the kid because he took their weapons. Once under the bookcase and weapons were recovered, she was fine with sparing him. Carol isn't a monster. Lethal and cunning when needed but not a monster.

Administrator

England
    I really liked the episode!

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    One irk for me though - the van fall - I loved the scene but the physics are screwed up. The van would have landed on it's roof because it was front-heavy with the engine and two adults, and there was no weight in the back ... and, not having a roll cage or anything, it would have flattened considerably ... however I'm willing to overlook that as we so often see wonky physics in film/tv, and it did allow us to have that super cool moment after a few seconds of silence when the walkers just started tumbling down and splatting on top of the van.
    Yes. Very daft scene... Why did they even pick that van out in the first place? What was so special about it? Why let themselves get caught in it? Amateurs!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan