Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 5x07 "Crossed" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post
    I posted shortly after the episode ended. It still hadn't aired in some markets. And I just felt like being weird and putting it in spoiler tags.
    Weird is ok around here.

I also want to point out how envious I am of Glenn right now.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 26-Nov-2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Words
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I wouldn't have trusted that cop if I were Sasha.
    Yeah, Sasha's gullibility there was infuriating. The most charitable interpretation is that she's still emotionally screwed up from losing Bob and it's Rick's fault for leaving her on guard duty alone. So the cop says his buddy has been lying there for two years? Well, he can lie there for one more day. After the swap has been made the cop can go take care of it. NOT a priority right now.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Yeah, Sasha's gullibility there was infuriating. The most charitable interpretation is that she's still emotionally screwed up from losing Bob and it's Rick's fault for leaving her on guard duty alone. So the cop says his buddy has been lying there for two years? Well, he can lie there for one more day. After the swap has been made the cop can go take care of it. NOT a priority right now.
    Yes, that did feel a little weak didn't it... If she'd just asked for someone to go with her? And turning your back on someone while you're facing a window?

The episode was OK but felt a bit like a filler. Especially with the car park of metled zombies. Felt like they realised it was a bit of a slow episode so decided to sex it up a bit with that scene.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Tibet
    Some of it may have stemmed from her not having taken care of Bob 1. Tyrese helped her out, so she now feels that need to serve that role for someone else. There really is no room for empathy in the zombie apocalypse.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post
    Some of it may have stemmed from her not having taken care of Bob 1. Tyrese helped her out, so she now feels that need to serve that role for someone else. There really is no room for empathy in the zombie apocalypse.
    Fair point!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    At this stage of the apocalypse I would completely hesitate to trust anyone wearing a police uniform. Especially shined and polished brass etc. They are far enough into this world that they should be completely suspicious of that alone. There is no constitution backing that badge anymore. This is the wild west with walkers. The first thing I would ditch after the initial outbreak would be my police uniform. It isn't sellable anymore. The military would be a different story if they are still disciplined and armed heavy. But as 28 days later taught us, as soon as corruption enters the equation, or the slightest breakdown in rank, its over.

England
    Anybody enjoy seeing them looting dead walkers on the road? It was a double buzz for me, as it shows that they really are low on everything, and anything that can be scavenged will/should be, and it also has that "resident evil/game" vibe to it.

Although yoyo's probably aren't high on my own personal list of PA essentials.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

England
    They should have tied the cops shoe laces together...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    That would've helped, that dude booked!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    ...and it also has that "resident evil/game" vibe to it.
    I already thought that from the fact that Daryl stole Leon S. Kennedy's haircut awhile back...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Anybody enjoy seeing them looting dead walkers on the road? It was a double buzz for me, as it shows that they really are low on everything, and anything that can be scavenged will/should be, and it also has that "resident evil/game" vibe to it.

Although yoyo's probably aren't high on my own personal list of PA essentials.
    Yeah, I dug that. Quite often you see walker kills but little in the way of looting, although most of the walkers we see just have the fetid rags on them and little else ... although I do recall in 3x12 Rick pulled the car over to pick up that back pack from the hitchhiker who was munched by walkers. I believe that was the same back pack Rick used in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post

Clever bugger, yes, that would have been a good idea!

UK
    Hmm, this one was good enough, but did seem a bit 'in-fill' to me too.
    The KO on Sasha was the weakest part of writing I thought.
    Lets not forget 'Crazy Gabe' too ... not only has he run off to god knows where (Next wheres Carl?)
    He also had his own magically appearing walker moment and Also...
    He's left a dirty great walker sized hole in the church floor that no-one knows about yet!!!

And ... Were Glenn & Rosita flirting??? tsk tsk Maggie won't be pleased

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Hey... Got to repopulate the world somehow!
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Hmm, this one was good enough, but did seem a bit 'in-fill' to me too.
    The KO on Sasha was the weakest part of writing I thought.
    Lets not forget 'Crazy Gabe' too ... not only has he run off to god knows where (Next wheres Carl?)
    He also had his own magically appearing walker moment and Also...
    He's left a dirty great walker sized hole in the church floor that no-one knows about yet!!!

I'm 100% certain that Glenn never even had a sniff of a nasty rank battered old slapper before the ZA, now he's revelling in the outright poon-fest that is TWD.

And hey, who can blame him, seems that walkers were drawn to the ugly fat gnarly chicks and left all the hot ones to survive, Glenn is just taking advantage of the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I already thought that from the fact that Daryl stole Leon S. Kennedy's haircut awhile back...
    Harsh!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    I didn't trust that cop for a minute. I mean, it wasn't that long ago he was saying, "Hail Hydra!"