Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWD 5x07 "Crossed" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 5x07 "Crossed" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Please keep all talk of episode 5x07 "Crossed" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Episode 5.07: Crossed – “Some members hold down the church while the others are on a rescue mission.”

Directed by: Billy Gierhart, Written by: Seth Hoffman.

England
    Rick really is f*cking awesome isn't he...Looks like the red handled machete of retribution will become his main back-up/mele weapon from now on.

Will be watching this episode tomorrow when I get home from work.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Red Handled Machete of Cock Knocker Slaying +1, +3 vs Cannibals & Undeads FTW.

Decent episode. Little bit of everything. What is the Padre up to I wonder? I wouldn't have trusted that cop if I were Sasha. Jus' sayin'. Showdown next week should be interesting.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 24-Nov-2014 at 02:16 AM. Reason: .

Tibet

SASHA!!!!! YOU DUMBASSS!!!!!!! TRRRRRUUUUUUUSSSSSSTTTTT NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!! Not even if his name IS Bob!!!!!!

Really.....don't people in the zombie apocalypse ever think?????

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post

SASHA!!!!! YOU DUMBASSS!!!!!!! TRRRRRUUUUUUUSSSSSSTTTTT NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!! Not even if his name IS Bob!!!!!!

Really.....don't people in the zombie apocalypse ever think?????
    You can write spoilers here if they are within the episode, right? Just curious cause I was assuming if it was in the episode than its fair game.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    You can write spoilers here if they are within the episode, right? Just curious cause I was assuming if it was in the episode than its fair game.
    Yes, as long as the episode has already aired.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Yes, as long as the episode has already aired.
    If you're talking about events that happen within the actual episode - within the specific thread for that episode (i.e. discussing 5x07 within the 5x07 thread) - then it's fine.

Theories for where you think something might go in future episodes and comics spoilers are things to put in spoiler tags.

Solid episode, lots of stuff going on in various places, although it did have a hint of 'just wait until next week for the big stuff' about it ... but fair enough.

Sasha - I knew the good cop was going to do something and make an escape. When Rick told him in advance that they'd be heading out in ten minutes I thought "don't tell him that!", and when Sasha let the guy stand behind her I was again screaming at her to not be so silly ... so much for the peace and love, eh? The guy probably is a good guy, but even still, Team Rick are holding him hostage and you'd be a mug to think he wouldn't try and make his escape if an opportunity arose - he doesn't know Team Rick are good folks, so always cover your arse.

FEMA Evac Site - awesome, totally awesome. Really gruesome way to see some on-the-ground napalm damage, and man alive was that fight between Daryl and the bad cop tense! Using the skewered head like a bowling ball was crazy, but in a cool way - needs must, I guess.

Dawn - she's a shifty one. Making whacked-out decisions, slapping people at the drop of a hat, but she's also aware that her power is hanging by a thread (indeed, the others flat out said that to Team Rick).

Gabriel - where's that wacky preacher off to, I wonder...
    Talking Dead preview clip for 5x08, plus a theory on how it might play out:

We see Gabriel back at the cook out site for Gareth & Co (including Bob's rotting leg on the grill), and those walkers are still behind that glass - but we know that glass is weak - so I reckon the walkers will get out, chase Gabriel back to the church, and then Carl and Michonne will have to fight to stay alive with Judith ... and perhaps Gabriel will finally have to fight for himself. That's what I'm thinking ... we shall see.

Daryl - openly challenging Rick in front of the group over the plans ... he's been getting some real growth this season, and as we've seen more and more, he's growing as a competent and thoughtful leader. Excellent stuff. It was interesting to see how Rick was in this episode - very uncompromising, going for the kill from the get-go - the man's gone dark in the name of survival and retribution. I wonder if we'll see more clashes of character and approach between these two guys...

TWD 5x07 Memes:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...x07-memes.html

Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Nov-2014 at 04:33 PM.

United States
    All the portions with the Slabtown and rescue mission were great and thrilling! On the other hand, nearly everything else not related to this story was more padding for the midseason finale than bringing, anything that advanced plot or character and essentially dragged the pacing of the episode. Though, I'm not going to lie that Daryl use a walker's head as a weapon was pretty fucking cool. Despite, how questionable it was.

UK
    The Vehicular genocide continues with another car out of action due to mushy walkers in the wheels and another full of bullet holes.

For me the "good cop"'s lie was obvious as soon as he said "I knew one of them"...they were piles of twitching melty mush, how in hell would he recognise one?

Father Gabriel... I feel sorry for this guy. he's obviously traumatised, just about clinging to his sanity, when Rick and the gang show up and turn his sanctuary into a slaughterhouse. not content with that, they then defile his home (and religious center) by chopping up the pews and dismantling the organ. I feel that when he asked "are you going to use the cross too?" and was told yes, that was when his mind was made up. get away from these home-invading hooligans. His encounter with the walker and the crucifix she wore will either snap his mind completely, or bring him to his senses.

Obviously, at the moment, the guy is a few psalms short of a sermon.

I really don't understand Dawn's intentions towards Beth and Carol, unless it's a setup of some sort?
    I'm hungry, but I'm not hungry hungry.

England
    Pretty good episode overall... liked the way Abraham automatically reached for his gun when Abraham 'woke up'

(alive or dead tbc?)

Sasha, I guess, wasn't the full shilling at that point in time... what with tearing Bob's shirt & all. I mean if the cop knew his mate Tyler was out there, what would have prevented him putting him out his misery sometime in the last 2 - 3 years?

Nice to see the group over-rule Rick over their plan of attack & Darryl's presence of mind hanging back & to check out the caravan etc. The napalmed evacuation center was just awesome, though in the end Darryl got lucky the dead-head he grabbed wasn't one of the 'squishy' kind.

There also seemed to be some magnetism between Glenn & Rosita... and Tara got seemed happy with the consolation prize (yo-yo)!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadHippo View Post
    The Vehicular genocide continues with another car out of action due to mushy walkers in the wheels and another full of bullet holes.

For me the "good cop"'s lie was obvious as soon as he said "I knew one of them"...they were piles of twitching melty mush, how in hell would he recognise one?

Father Gabriel... I feel sorry for this guy. he's obviously traumatised, just about clinging to his sanity, when Rick and the gang show up and turn his sanctuary into a slaughterhouse. not content with that, they then defile his home (and religious center) by chopping up the pews and dismantling the organ. I feel that when he asked "are you going to use the cross too?" and was told yes, that was when his mind was made up. get away from these home-invading hooligans. His encounter with the walker and the crucifix she wore will either snap his mind completely, or bring him to his senses.

Obviously, at the moment, the guy is a few psalms short of a sermon.

I really don't understand Dawn's intentions towards Beth and Carol, unless it's a setup of some sort?
    Man, you nailed it about Gabriel. You gotta feel for the guy.

And I'm just excited that we finally get to see just how awesome Rosita is. She quite valuable as a group member.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadHippo View Post
    Based on Dawn's comment to Beth about her being stronger than she thought. Dawn could be trying to create new allies encase she loses what little control she has in Slabtown.
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto Vivente View Post
    Based on Dawn's comment to Beth about her being stronger than she thought. Dawn could be trying to create new allies encase she loses what little control she has in Slabtown.
    Yeah, I think that's what Dawn might just be doing. Those folks she sent out pose the most danger to her leadership, so she's actively putting them in danger to try and hopefully get one or both of them killed to take the pressure off herself ... she's a strange one, that Dawn ... could you ever trust her, could you ever bring her into Team Rick? The Doctor likewise, even if he'd been driven by abject fear to kill that other doctor ... although if you ask me, two doctors is better than one, if Dawn had ordered the existing Doc to be tossed out and keep the new one then she'd have been certifiable.

UndeadHippo - good thoughts on Gabriel and I agree. From his point of view Team Rick are a bizarre, violent, blasphemous bunch ... but at the same time he's been so sheltered (and lucky!) over the last couple of years. Now out in the real world (with an injured foot, no less) he's going to get a rude awakening - but one that must happen in order for him to find the strength, and realism, to survive.

United States
    Hated to wait so long to see this episode. I love seeing new environments. As mentioned the evac sight was a nice touch. Sasha, come on.

Daryl Dixon and Rick Grimes. When I review the exchange of attack plans and the scene where Rick is obviously contemplating shooting the cop, I don't see it as Daryl defying or challenging Rick. No doubt Daryl has evolved immensely. I go back to season 4 when Rick said to Daryl, "You're my brother". Daryl took that to heart and Rick meant it. Daryl is trying to bring Rick back a little bit. All the characters realize that this world requires a more decisive and brutal approach. But it bothered Tyrese and Daryl when they heard Sheriff's Deputy Rick Grimes(former but still thin blue line fellas) speak of slitting police officers throats to rescue their family. Personally I liked Tyrese's plan better. Daryl loves Rick as a brother. A brother he never had. He just doesnt want to see Rick lose all of Rick Grimes.

Maggie. Look its simple. Its impossible for her to have enough screen time.
    Last edited by facestabber; 26-Nov-2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Tibet
    I posted shortly after the episode ended. It still hadn't aired in some markets. And I just felt like being weird and putting it in spoiler tags.