Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TWD 5x08 "Coda" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    Being an "elder" now would most likely be down to how much "STUFF and THANGS" you have seen and done, rather than how long you have lived. Remember that Carl was offering to teach Gabriel how to survive and fight the dead that makes him some what of an elder.
    Carl is the last person I would seek out for moral or ethical guidance lol

The group also still have no one with medical knowledge (a small amount from Maggie maybe), I thought they might pick up the doctor from the hospital, but apparently not.

Hershel had some big ol' shoes to fill.
    I'm hungry, but I'm not hungry hungry.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadHippo View Post
    Carl is the last person I would seek out for moral or ethical guidance lol

The group also still have no one with medical knowledge (a small amount from Maggie maybe), I thought they might pick up the doctor from the hospital, but apparently not.

Carol was Hershel's understudy. So they have gotten stronger with her......that is as long as she don't start brain stabbing sick folk

United States
    Coda (Italian for "tail", plural code) is a term used in music in a number of different senses, primarily to designate a passage that brings a piece (or a movement) to an end. Technically, it is an expanded cadence. It may be as simple as a few measures, or as complex as an entire section.

I love how TWD always works in the titles in unique and creative ways.

Coda was the end of Beth's song; her story.

God Speed, Beth Greene.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Carol was Hershel's understudy. So they have gotten stronger with her......that is as long as she don't start brain stabbing sick folk

Ireland
    Thought it was a decent episode. Hate the Mid season break (or whatever stupid name it has).

Poor cutie's dead.

Sick of this idiotic break ever flippin year though.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I know an original edit of the first episode of series two solved the Vatos story but in the final cut we have never found out have we? So technically they could be still out there alive, even though Darabont wanted them gone!
    Also Morales and his family from the quarry camp site left and we don’t know how they ended up which was a nice touch.

To me it would have been quite ballsy writing to just have Beth disappear when she did and then never tell us what happened. It’s the sort of thing that rarely happens in TV or Film but it would have given us a feeling of inclusion with Team Rick in that us like them know nothing or what happened to Beth, much like with Morales and family.

The more I think about it the more I have really enjoyed this series (aside from the one Beth episode) and it is only half way through!
    This! Totally! I wanted us to never find out about BETH, it would have been more realistic. No phones, media, the Dead World is a large world and the chances would have been next to nothing of seeing BETH again and the same goes for the rest of the group when they were all split up. Come on now, everyone travels in the same direction in this vast landscape. Would have been awesome if we never found out about BETH and the Govener when he took off in season three never came back. Sometimes the bad guy does get away with murder

Super Moderator

UK
    I agree with you I miss Herschel and Dale, but I suppose the Zombie Rising changes the goal posts on that one a little especially as the expected age of death has lowered pretty drastically. Being an "elder" now would most likely be down to how much "STUFF and THANGS" you have seen and done, rather than how long you have lived. Remember that Carl was offering to teach Gabriel how to survive and fight the dead that makes him some what of an elder.
    Well said. Now it's a case of hands-on experience being the decider of wisdom ... or at least, post-ZA wisdom ... there's still a place for that old world grown up, strokey beard, homespun thinking ... RIP Dale and Hershel ... we need an elder statesman moral compass.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Coda (Italian for "tail", plural code) is a term used in music in a number of different senses, primarily to designate a passage that brings a piece (or a movement) to an end. Technically, it is an expanded cadence. It may be as simple as a few measures, or as complex as an entire section.

I love how TWD always works in the titles in unique and creative ways.

Coda was the end of Beth's song; her story.

God Speed, Beth Greene.
    Very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Sick of this idiotic break ever flippin year though.
    I don't mind it, actually. I think it helps the pacing over the entire season when all is said and done - we get a crescendo mid-season, so it's not all about building up to just the finale - and really, with all the holiday season stuff going on, by the time all of that is over, you've only got a few weeks to wait and before you know it it's back.

Administrator

England
    When Beth went for Dawn...just how quick is Dawn's draw? she went from unarmed and surprised to gun in hand, raised and fired in a heartbeat, before anyone could react. (at least that's how it felt)
    Did she holster her gun? Or was it still in her hand?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Did she holster her gun? Or was it still in her hand?
    Pretty sure gun was holstered so we just witnessed the fastest draw in the ZA. Doc Holliday would be proud

United States
    Ahem... shoe.
    (singular.)

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Ahem... shoe.
    (singular.)
    I see what you did there! Frankly UndeadHippo made such an obvious mistake there he hasn't got a leg to stand on!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I see what you did there! Frankly UndeadHippo made such an obvious mistake there he hasn't got a leg to stand on!
    I bet Hershel would be laughing his head off at the puntastic puns...

*face palm*

England
    I'm gonna say it and take the backlash...Rest In Peace, Dawn.

She was the best TWD villain to date, because she wasn't a moustache twirling, eye patched, hunter style, cannibal type bad gurl...just somebody who lost her moral compass along the way. Hell, she wasn't even a villain by TWD standards, probably less blood on her hands than anybody in "Team Rick".

She was also bang tasty.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 03-Dec-2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    ^^^ to all of the above points. Including the last one. Gotta love a hot chick in uniform.

United States
    Dawn was definitely the best looking villain in TWD to date.