Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TWD 5x08 "Coda" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    Legion, I didn't consider dawn a villain. Her intentions were good. Approach was off at times

Super Moderator

UK
    Agreed, Dawn was an interesting villain, in that ... was she a villain?

She was also quite mercurial ... some things she did you could agree with, others you couldn't, some things you understoods and again others you didn't ... she was so hard to pin down, was she salvageable? Was she too far gone?

If only she had a pair of leather gloves hanging off her belt so she could use them every time she slapped someone.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Agreed, Dawn was an interesting villain, in that ... was she a villain?

She was also quite mercurial ... some things she did you could agree with, others you couldn't, some things you understoods and again others you didn't ... she was so hard to pin down, was she salvageable? Was she too far gone?

If only she had a pair of leather gloves hanging off her belt so she could use them every time she slapped someone.
    Riding crop. Riding crop & knee high boots FTW.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Knee-high boots would prevent bites to the lower leg like the one Hershel got. Yeah, and a leather corset would help protect the torso, and be more resistant to grabbing than a normal uniform shirt.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No more forced singing!! YES!!!

Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Knee-high boots would prevent bites to the lower leg like the one Hershel got. Yeah, and a leather corset would help protect the torso, and be more resistant to grabbing than a normal uniform shirt.
    I'm surprised that Daryl, in particular, hasn't realized the protection of leather and hit up a motorcycle shop. Yeah, heat......but surviving beats sweating.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I like the way you think sir...

"Zombie Survival Gear"

Super Moderator

United States
    1st off, it's a TV show, leather is only as safe as the plot armor you've been issued by your standing in the hashtag obsessed fandom. Daryl's hard-assed, yet occasionally weepy mien and bieber hair have helped protect him way more than any leather goods ever could.

2nd, are you guys trying to make Neil's neo-vic head explode...

"Zombie Survival Gear"

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States

"Zombie Survival Gear"
    I would love to see Rosita in that type of gear.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Knowing my Luck I'd approach from behind, noting the long flowing locks....

...it'd be Eugene.
    I'm hungry, but I'm not hungry hungry.

United States
    T-Dogg and Lori death's were sudden and weren't saved for a mid or season finale. I would like to see more of that.
    You got a point on Lori, but T-Dog's death was inevitable as soon as he had more than one line. It doesn't speak well for a show when as soon a minor character starts having more of a presence and dialogue that they're up for the chopping block. I do like how the Gimple regime has started to repudiate this though. Well, until this episode.

Thinking more about this episode and the bit where Rick ran over Officer Bob and then just shot the dude ... that's some hardcore Rick Grimes right there. The man's not to be reckoned with, alright.
    That was a great scene! That ugliness was welcome! In fact, I believe it might've been a reference to what Rick did to Martinez in the comics. Even, some of the same dialogue was lifted from that scene. I think Dr. Edwards (the coward doctor) is a nod to Dr. Stevens, the doctor of Woodbury in the comics.

1)
    This reminds me of something. It's rare that we encounter other groups of people who survive ... the Grady Gang have been left to carry on as they were (sort of), but usually Team Rick meets new people and those folks either end up dead or join their group. It's very rare that they are left somewhere out in the world ... Sam (who Rick gave his watch to early in season four) went missing and was somewhere out there, but soon was caught by Terminus and slaughtered ... there were the gang members of the group Randall was with in season two (the ones shooting and peeling off in trucks, leaving Randall for dead) ... we don't know what became of them, but it's rare for strangers to not end up dead or brought in ... so I thought that was quite interesting in the case of the Grady Gang.

Things could change in the remaining episodes, but I have a feeling that's the last we'll see of Grady.

Wow, now that you mention it they do have the habit of blowing up or setting fire to every place they go. CDC, The Barn, The Prison, Terminus......this was the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    That is exactly the message the writers wanted to convey. It is their attempt to legitimize slavery and rape. They could have added someone joining Rick and then shown that the ones who stayed lived to regret it. But they chose not to. They chose to go with this very odd out of character stand off in a hallway (of all places) they chose to portray the rape cops as reasonable during the shooting. They had an message to sell you.
    I was under the impression that the bad and rapist cops (Gorman, O'Donnell) had already been disposed off and that the rest were the 'good' cops.

United States
    Rosita AND Maggie. What a cute duo they'd make. I'd even let Tara watch.

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadHippo View Post
    Knowing my Luck I'd approach from behind, noting the long flowing locks....

...it'd be Eugene.
    Business up front, party in the rear?

Administrator

England
    Have you guys seen the fan petition to "bring back beth" which is currently doing the rounds on facebook?

Made me chuckle.. Season 5 episode 9 opens on beth with a bandage around her head like Wile E. Coyote.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Have you guys seen the fan petition to "bring back beth" which is currently doing the rounds on facebook?

Made me chuckle.. Season 5 episode 9 opens on beth with a bandage around her head like Wile E. Coyote.

If only she hadn't been shot in the head, they could have brought her back as a walker. Michonne could have removed her arms and jaw and made her into her new decoy.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Please tell me this is a joke? And for the record Sundays suck again.