Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suicide Squad (film)

United States
    Harley Quinn is kind of annoying AF.

Super Moderator

UK
    Saw it yesterday - posted my thoughts here: http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=19762

Far from being 'annoying AF', Harley Quinn proves to be the film's greatest strength.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Far from being 'annoying AF', Harley Quinn proves to be the film's greatest strength.
    Ehhhh, she kinda was, but she didn't pop off nearly as much as the trailer implied she would be...
    I'm shocked and surprised, but I really dug it. I never read the synopsis, so I came in blind, and wow.
    I even liked the Joker tryna get his girl through the whole ordeal.
    So far, I'm loving all that DC is throwing at us. I love Marvel, too, don't get me wrong, but DC is literally killing it in my book. So much darker, so much bloodier...
    A- to BvS's A+. People need to lighten the f*ck up, and let these guys do their thing. I'm psyched for more!!!

Administrator

England
    I quite enjoyed it... Nothing great, but a fun watch...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The extended cut isn't an improvement on the film like it was for Batman V Superman. Where BVS had a significant amount of footage edited back in, helping to resolve quite a few issues with the theatrical cut, Suicide Squad only has about 3-5 extra minutes and it's nothing that really alters the overall film.

It's really a shame because there is obviously a LOT of this movie left on the cutting room floor. Entire sequences, an almost entirely different dynamic between Joker and Harley, clearer character motivations, etc. Why all of this wasn't reinstated, who knows? Perhaps it'll see the light of day as deleted scenes on the Blu Ray, but it's a shame they didn't attempt to repair the film to Ayers' original vision, much like they did with BVS.

It's now available for digital download, but as I said, it's not really worth the cash for the only slightly different edit...

Super Moderator

UK
    Bummer.

I did quite enjoy Suicide Squad, even with its issues, but it's disappointing to hear the extended cut isn't the change it was gearing up to be. I hope they don't double dip with an alternative cut in a few months time, but I wouldn't put it past them.