Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWD 5x09 "What Happened and What's Going On" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Ireland
    Well, I may have to watch that again, because I had a few on me last night when looking at it.

But, all I could think of when I was finished was this guy:

and his famous saying.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I was a little disappointed, to be honest. The core of the episode was pretty good, but they did get way too artsy. I would have liked it better if they cut about 10 minutes of hallucinations saying the same things over and over and still shots of prison watchtowers and railroad tracks and put in a little more exposition of the trip from Georgia to north of Richmond instead.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I was a little disappointed, to be honest. The core of the episode was pretty good, but they did get way too artsy. I would have liked it better if they cut about 10 minutes of hallucinations saying the same things over and over and still shots of prison watchtowers and railroad tracks and put in a little more exposition of the trip from Georgia to north of Richmond instead.
    I found it "tried too hard" as well. But enjoyed it...

And yet again we have someone who is dead down to stupity. Standing there in a strange house, with your back to everything... Seriously, is that believable behaviour when he knows there are zombies around, and even some in the house!

Intrigued about the zombie torsoes with no arms!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    They need to bring back the zombie threat! You can get bit at any time if not careful. Put yourself in the survivors shoes. They are tired, hungry, baked in the sun, most likely dehydrated. They are going to make mistakes. They've been on the road for about 17 days? We can't forget it's a dangerous world out there and having Tyreese bit in such a way strengthens the idea of what Rick told Carl at the church. "You are not safe."

This episode gave you an inside look on what a person goes through once infected. Tyreese had his demons and he needed to confront them before passing on. His struggle between wanting to live or give up was really well done and by the end, Tyreese finally felt at peace knowing he really didn't want to be part of this world and you know what, that's alright. "Things are better."

Loved this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Intrigued about the zombie torsoes with no arms!?
    Comic spoiler.

Im gonna go ahead and predict it had something to do with Negan and the Saviors. Also, Glenn grabbing that bat wasn't a coincidence at all. Foreshadowing.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 11-Feb-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Comic spoiler.

Im gonna go ahead and predict it had something to do with Negan and the Saviors. Also, Glenn grabbing that bat wasn't a coincidence at all. Foreshadowing.

ooooooh......dayum...you could be right.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Clearly the compound had been forcibly entered yes? ie: There was signs of an explosion?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Clearly the compound had been forcibly entered yes? ie: There was signs of an explosion?
    Yeah, the estate was broken into as a wall appeared down. The Walker limbs and their torsos locked in that truck definitely has something to do with it. To me, it looks like pieces of a puzzle that will have greater significance down the road. The show loves putting the pieces in front of us. Also, does anyone know if the writing on the wall meant anything? If it's a spoiler just tag it, please.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah the housing estate was forcibly entered - the wall was broken in from the outside. Clearly some decidedly nasty folks swung by and made a point of killing people in a very particular manner - severing all their limbs and then stashing the undead torsos in that van - CREEPY!

Agreed with Moon Knight - these people aren't fully in charge of their abilities. They've sustained heavy losses, they're tired, they're hungry, they're thirsty, they're without shelter - they've been through the wringer in a big bad way ... it's very easy for us sitting on our arses, fed and watered and sheltered, to think that we'd be awesome at the zombie apocalypse, but we'd just as easily slip up or make a mistake as anyone else. A momentary lapse is gonna happen to anyone at any time - especially when you're not in your best physical state - and therein lies the danger.

Loved seeing a death from the perspective of the person dying - rather than those around them - it made it very personal and, yeah, you know what, death would be better than what Team Rick are having to face so often. There's only so much horror a person can take, and that'll vary from person to person, and Tyreese had more than had his fill.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    killing people in a very particular manner - severing all their limbs and then stashing the undead torsos in that van - CREEPY!
    People or zombies? Seemed they chopped zombies up not living people?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    People or zombies? Seemed they chopped zombies up not living people?
    Yes that's what I meant - killed people by hacking their limbs off, and then stashing their dying torsos so that they'd become undead torsos.

Sound like a nice bunch to have round for a pot of tea!

Seems like "wolves" is/are going to be a recurring theme in Season 5B, as well.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Feb-2015 at 06:15 PM.

United States
    Yeah! I just realized that they just skimmed right through my two home states. Nc and sc. Just zoom right through. Damn
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Yes that's what I meant - killed people by hacking their limbs off, and then stashing their dying torsos so that they'd become undead torsos.

Sound like a nice bunch to have round for a pot of tea!

Seems like "wolves" is/are going to be a recurring theme in Season 5B, as well.
    But all the bodies seemed to be by the break in the fence where they'd "blown" their way in. Why would there survivors there? Surely a pack of zombies would be?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    But all the bodies seemed to be by the break in the fence where they'd "blown" their way in. Why would there survivors there? Surely a pack of zombies would be?
    I read it as the residents had been dragged out to that point en mass by the marauders and then executed in that very particular manner. Any walkers that happened by would be dealt with easily - if you're capable of that sort of violence, you can handle a few walkers coming by.

Future plot/Comics spoiler:

My money is also on this being a reference to Negan - who I think will be introduced in season 6 ... how on earth they'll handle his predilection for effin' and jeffin' I just don't know.

Glenn picking up that baseball bat put a chill through me.

Administrator

England
    I read it as the residents had been dragged out to that point en mass by the marauders and then executed in that very particular manner. Any walkers that happened by would be dealt with easily - if you're capable of that sort of violence, you can handle a few walkers coming by.
    Yes, I considered that, but couldn't work out why they'd take them all the way there, rather than do the same "mutilations" in the middle of the compound?

Maybe they couldn't get a vehicle into the compound through the blown opening so that was where their vehicle was, so that's where they took them to be chopped up.

Still at a total loss why they want armless torsos of living people? ie: Why they were all stashes in that truck!? <-- If this is explained in the comics please don't spoil it for me
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Well perhaps they rounded up a bunch of folks and that was where they just happened to take them. As for a reason? Well, we're clearly dealing with very sick people - there'll be a reason - but we'll have to wait and find out.