Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fifty Shades Of Grey (film)

Administrator

England

Fifty Shades Of Grey (film)

Noticed our local cinema is almost booked out on valentines day!

B&Q have also issued a warning to its staff to expect increase "interest" in rope and duct tape!

Needless to say I'm looking forwards to MZ's review

New York Daily News gives it 3/5 - http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2109147
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    You may be waiting a while...I'm sure he'll be all tied up for a while after. Don't worry though, he's bound to get around to it eventually.

All joking aside, commercial looks like the worst sort of wish fulfillment fantasy, a la "Twilight" in a way.

Super Moderator

UK
    Noticed our local cinema is almost booked out on valentines day!

B&Q have also issued a warning to its staff to expect increase "interest" in rope and duct tape!

1) So you and the good lady are off to see it then, eh? Strap in, Neil!

2) haha, yeah I read that too, I imagine there'll be plenty of furtive glances across the checkout.

3) ... ... maybe when it swings around to Sky Movies I'll give it a glance ... just out of curiosity and educational purposes, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    You may be waiting a while...I'm sure he'll be all tied up for a while after. Don't worry though, he's bound to get around to it eventually.

All joking aside, commercial looks like the worst sort of wish fulfillment fantasy, a la "Twilight" in a way.
    1) My safe word is "Oklahoma".

2) Apparently the book did actually start out, in its initial version, as Twilight fan fiction!

I've already seen some "this is filth!" type knicker-twisting going on in some corners of the commentariat - naturally from people who've not read the book or seen the film!

Administrator

England
    CinemaBlend doesn't like it. 1.5/5 - http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/F...rey-66481.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    1) My safe word is "Oklahoma".

"OOOOOOOOK-LA-HOMA!!!!"

2) Apparently the book did actually start out, in its initial version, as Twilight fan fiction!
    I...uh...I... I think I need to lie down....

Wait, WHY do you know this???

Super Moderator

UK
    Wait, WHY do you know this???
    I read it in last month's issue of Total Film in which there was an article about the movie. I was as stunned as you.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Fifty shades of grey? More like fifty shades of gay!

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Apparently it's pretty tame, and apparently the London Fire Brigade are "preparing" to get calls asking for them to rescue people whose amorous activities have gone awry after watching the film.

IGN reviewed it at 5/10.

Administrator

England
    apparently the London Fire Brigade are "preparing" to get calls asking for them to rescue people whose amorous activities have gone awry after watching the film.
    So you've put their number on fast dial then I assume?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    ...and apparently the London Fire Brigade are "preparing" to get calls asking for them to rescue people whose amorous activities have gone awry after watching the film.
    Who knew people could get hurt getting tied up & whipped & paddled & such...?

Super Moderator

UK
    So you've put their number on fast dial then I assume?
    Actually I forgot what their number is ... it starts with 99 but I can't remember what comes next.

Who knew people could get hurt getting tied up & whipped & paddled & such...?
    I know! Buncha wimps...

Administrator

England
    Actually I forgot what their number is ... it starts with 99 but I can't remember what comes next.
    More importantly... Have you got your "safe word" sorted?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    More importantly... Have you got your "safe word" sorted?
    He does:

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan